The Guardian's Gift is an item that is distributed between 24 May and 24 August 2021, to all accounts created before 5 April 2021, including Ironman accounts, as long as they log in outside any tutorial area, and with at least one space in their backpack. The item has 100% charge when received, with accounts affected by the 2021 server login issues receiving 300% charge instead, and players who have had long-lasting issues receiving 400% instead. The charge can be exchanged for wishes to boost the player's account, and the charge will not degrade over time or when destroying the item, but the item will be removed from the account once charge runs out.
The item is received with the message To celebrate the return of locked-out friends, you have been given a Guardian's Gift.. If the player logs in with no space in their backpack, the following message will appear: You will have items waiting for you on your next login as your Backpack was full..
The wishes can be selected by activating the gift, which opens a wish selection interface. The charge is reduced only after successfully selecting a wish.
Furthermore, the gift may be inspected to open an interface with an introduction to the item and links to the FAQ and the wish selection interface.
||Grants a costless gizmo shell of the player's choice that can be filled with any materials you've unlocked without using materials from the invention pouch (including materials unlocked but never obtained). Ancient gizmos are given if the player has unlocked them. Requires that the user has unlocked the Invention skill.
||Grants two animal name re-rollers, two animal trait rerollers, two Animal Gender Changes, two captain reroll tokens, two crew reroll tokens, two voyage reroll tokens, ten ports resource crates, a Travelling Merchant Coupon, a Writ of Freelancing, and a Writ of Barter.
||Grants an aura refresh, life refresh, Soul Reaper Refresh, and Item Protection Contract.
||Grants an Animal Wrangler. When used, animals in a player-owned farm pen of your choice will instantly produce a baby or an egg. A breeding cycle then instantly completes, giving a chance at another. This works even if the animals are the same gender.
||Grants a Time Skip: Port Voyages. When used, completes all player-owned port voyages instantly. Does not guarantee that voyages are successful.
||Instantly completes your active Archaeology research. The full time of the selected research is granted towards The Researcher achievements, regardless of when this wish was selected.
||1% (daily), 5% (weekly), or 20% (monthly)
||Resets the selected Distraction and Diversion. Can be used to reset some Distractions and Diversions without limits. Note that the Distractions and Diversions can be reset even when they've not been locked yet, effectively wasting the charge if resetting them too early.
||Grants double XP for an hour on member's worlds, or +20% XP on free-to-play worlds. Normal Double XP restrictions apply. Cannot be selected by Ironman accounts. (This is also the only wish available to free-to-play users.) The timer for this buff pauses on logout.
The interface for selecting wishes.
The interface introducing the item.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 31 August 2021 (Update):
- Guardian's Gifts are no longer being distributed upon log-in. If you have already claimed yours, you will be able to continue using and reclaiming them until they run out of charges.
- hotfix 24 May 2021 (Update):
- Hotfix to address missing Guardian's Gift charges for some Lockout players.
- All locked out players should now have received their additional bonus charge on their Guardian's Gift
- If you used all your charge before this hotfix, please reclaim the Guardian's Gift from Diango
- update 24 May 2021 (Update):
- Added to game.
- Wishes are here at last! The first time you log-in after today's update you'll receive a Guardian's Gift, which comes fully charged ready for you to make those Wishes. There's a wide selection available to suit all sorts of playstyles, but one thing they all have in common is that they're designed to help you catch up on your favourite activities following the Log-in Lockout.
- To say thank you for the community's patience, everyone will get their own Guardian's Gift, although the amount of charge will vary depending on how long you were locked out for:
- Players who were locked out for an extended period of time will get 400% charge.
- Players who were locked out for the typical amount of time will get 300% charge.
- Lastly, players who were not locked out at all will get 100% charge.
- To see all the Wishes available, along with how much charge they'll cost, check out the full guide.
- Due to the limitations on the wishes, free-to-play ironman accounts are able to obtain the item, but will be unable to activate any of the wishes.
- This item has the same icon as butterfly jar (huge).