|Release||26 July 2021 (Update)|
|Leader||Jas, Kerapac, the bound|
|Music||The City of Senntisten|
|Teleports||Boss portal attuned to Kerapac|
Pontifex shadow ring (cathedral)
|doc • Talk page|
The Nodon Front is the first of four fronts of the Elder God Wars Dungeon released on 26 July 2021. It features the first assault on the cathedral in Senntisten, where united forces of young gods keep the eggs of the Elder Gods from hatching and destroying Gielinor in the process. The attack is led by Kerapac, the bound and his army of Nodon dragonkin, who have been enslaved by Jas and tasked with reclaiming the eggs. Kerapac is also the avatar of the the Needle, an Elder artefact which gives him control over time, and possesses the Staff of Armadyl.
The front has no requirements to access; however, 92 Slayer is required to fight Nodon dragonkin in this part of the dungeon, and 90 Construction is required to repair the siege weapons and use them against the enemy. It is also recommended to have at least level 80 in combat skills, as well as tier-80 equipment. Additionally, the completion of Sliske's Endgame, Desperate Measures and City of Senntisten, as well as their prerequisites, is recommended for a better understanding of the story, as the front is considered the next instalment in the ongoing Elder God Wars narrative. The Shard of Erebus makes the Nodon dragonkin unaggressive towards the player, and the pontifex shadow ring can be upgraded with 1,000 resonant anima of Jas acquired from defeating enemies in the Front.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
The Nodon Front is located in the western section of Senntisten, which can be accessed by the ancient door north of the Archaeology Guild and directly east of Tolna's rift. After entering Senntisten the player needs to access the cathedral to the south of the entrance and then leave through the western cathedral door. Passing through the western door for the first time triggers a cutscene.
Travel methods include:
- Use the Archaeology journal to teleport to the Archaeology Guild, then walk north to the ancient door.
- Using a gnome glider to fly to Lemanto Andra (3) leaves the player very close to the ancient door.
- The Pontifex shadow ring, restored after the City of Senntisten quest, can teleport the player directly to the cathedral.
- The dig sites map in the Archaeology Guild, archaeology teleport or the master archaeologist's outfit can be used to teleport to the Senntisten Dig Site camp just north-east of the cathedral, provided the player has level 60 Archaeology or access to those items.
- The boss portal in War's Retreat (requiring at least one kill of Kerapac, the bound) or the boss portal in the Max Guild (not requiring the kill) can be attuned to teleport the player to the colosseum gateway, right next to the market area.
Map[edit | edit source]
Kerapac, the bound[edit | edit source]
Kerapac, the bound is a boss encounter within the Grand Colosseum of Senntisten, found in the north-west part of the Nodon Front. Kerapac can be fought in a team 1-3 players, with an emphasis on a solo fight. His health and drop rate does not scale with team size. The fight has both a normal and hard mode. The hard mode has four phases, as opposed to three in normal mode, and provides a harder fight but also has access to the normal unique drop table along with fragments for the Staff of Armadyl, a tier 95 two-handed magic weapon. Kerapac uses both Elder artefacts during the fight, bringing himself back with the all previous mechanics after each phase. Unlike in the previous God Wars dungeons, there is no kill count requirement to fight the boss.
Nodon dragonkin[edit | edit source]
Slayer[edit | edit source]
The Nodon are found in the ruined market area in the northern part of the front, directly to the east of the colosseum. With the exception of siege engines, all Nodon are aggressive unless the Shard of Erebus is equipped.
|Monster||Level||level||Combat style||Weakness||Slayer XP||LP||Susceptible to||Notes|
|Nodon artificer||120||92||1,877||30,000||hexhunter, dragon bane, dragon slayer|
|Nodon guard||120||92||1,877||30,000||inquisitor, dragon bane, dragon slayer||
|Nodon hunter||120||92||1,877||30,000||terrasaur, dragon bane, dragon slayer||
|Nodon engineer||150||92||2,769||50,000||inquisitor, dragon bane, dragon slayer||
|Nodon enforcer||200||92||4,003||100,000||inquisitor, dragon bane, dragon slayer|
|Siege engine||120||92||1,505)||30,000||hexhunter, dragon bane, dragon slayer|
Siege engines[edit | edit source]
|Abandoned siege engine||90 Construction||
|Siege engine (broken)||90 Theving||15 Siege engine parts||
Battlefield abilities[edit | edit source]
Additionally, the five generals from the first God Wars Dungeon and the Heart of Gielinor found throughout the different fronts can aid in the defences of the Cathedral by providing the player with temporary abilities:
One of the following abilities may be selected at once by talking to the corresponding commander and can be activated using the extra action button. Can be used during, and does not incur, the global cooldown.
|Kree'arra||Channel the Avianse kin and gain a 10% damage increase for a short duration (18 seconds/30 ticks).||60 seconds||Maplink|
|Commander Zilyana||Call upon the light to shield yourself from 50% of incoming damage for a short duration (18 seconds/30 ticks).||60 seconds||Maplink|
|Nex||Siphon life directly from your target to heal yourself (25% of the target's maximum health over 6 hits).||120 seconds||Maplink|
|K'ril Tsutsaroth||Smash your target with a large attack of 75% of your current weapon's damage type.||150 seconds||Maplink|
|Helwyr||Summons a Mushroom that explodes after a delay, dealing damage around it.||60 seconds||Maplink|
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Kerapac, the bound, drops the following rewards:
- Kerapac's wrist wraps, tier 85 Magic gloves which cause Combust to instantly deal 25% more damage if used 6 seconds after Dragon Breath
- Scripture of Jas, Jas themed god book with +5 bonus to Prayer, +8 bonus to all styles and Time Rift special ability which causes all ability damage to add up for 10 seconds and then deals 20% of that damage to the target. The scripture cannot be illuminated.
- Greater Concentrated blast ability codex, which upgrades Concentrated Blast to deal 70%-290% total ability damage over 1.8s in 3 hits (from 48%-246% over 2.4s) and gives 5% critical strike chance for the next ability after every channelled hit
- Pieces of the Fractured Staff of Armadyl, a tier 95 magic staff; exclusive to hard mode. Its special attack, Instability, deals 50-200% weapon damage and causes each critical strike against the target in the next 30 seconds to fire an extra spell.
The Nodon dragonkin drop the following:
- Siege engine parts, used to repair or sabotage siege machines.
- Dwarf multicannon upgrade kit, used to unlock the dwarven siege engine, a one-item version of the dwarf multicannon with a unique appearance, as well as increased damage of all multicannon variants (such as the golden or royale dwarf multicannon).
- Kinetic cyclone upgrade kit, increasing the damage of the kinetic cyclone by 50%.
- Oldak coil upgrade kit, increasing the damage of the Oldak coil by 50%.
- Naressa's journal, a lorebook.
Rewards from both sources include:
- Resonant anima of Jas, used to upgrade the pontifex shadow ring, after which a tradeable variant is dropped.
- Dragonkin bones, which can be buried for Prayer experience.
Archaeology[edit | edit source]
The Nodon Front contains two excavation sites of the Senntisten Dig Site. The marketplace excavation site consists of marketplace debris, found directly north of colosseum gateway, and Inquisitor remains, found near the Inquisition headquarters directly north of the Nodon artificers. The colosseum excavation site can be accessed by choosing Enter (Non combat) option on the colosseum gateway, leading to a safe version of the Kerapac encounter area.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Throughout the Nodon Front a number of allied NPCs can be found, providing additional narrative background, granting battlefield abilities and occasionally fighting the Nodon in scripted events.
- Commander Zilyana is found on the north-western cathedral balcony. She provides a battlefield ability and can be seen flying down to the entrance of the market area to kill a Nodon commander.
- Kree'arra is found on an overlook to the west of the forum, located north of the cathedral. He proviced a battlefield ability and can be seen using his hurricane ability to kill two Nodon flying up to his position from the market area.
- K'ril Tsutsaroth is found near the blood bank, on the way to the market area. He provides a battlefield ability and can be seen killing an apporoaching Nodon and exclaiming the number of enemies he has killed.
- Naressa is a non hostile Nodon dragonkin hiding in a house on the southern end of the front.
- Nex is found on an overlook to the north of the stairway leading to the Nodon Front from the cathedral. She provides a battlefield ability.
- The Praesul (Cruor, Fumus, Glacies and Umbra) are found on the stairway leading to the Nodon Front from the cathedral. They can be seen dispatching a wave of four Nodon approaching the cathedral.
- Thaerisk Cemphier is found on the north-west cathedral balcony, where he runs an infirmary for the wounded Crux Eqal knights, Temple Knights and Elven Knights. The infirmary was expanded with elves following the release of Glacor Front.
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Development history[edit | edit source]
The release month of the first front of the Elder God Wars Dungeon was first revealed by Mod Warden during the RuneScape Mobile release stream on 16 June 2021, along with the information that next fronts will open in the following months. On 9 July a newspost revealed first details about the first front, including requirements and the date of the reveal trailer. On the same day a short teaser featuring Kerapac's voice and a view of Senntisten colosseum was posted on social media. On 16 July 2021, following a countdown, a reveal trailer was published, revealing the update's name and release date, as well as a narrative introduction. On the same day, an accompanying newspost was published, informing that more details as well as gameplay will be revealed in a Developer Diary on 20 July, as well as announcing behind the scenes Discord lore chat with Mod Jack and Mod Raven on 21 July, an update to the newspost with new information on 22 July, and launch stream with developers on the release day. The introduction video released on 20 July provided first look at gameplay and details regarding the boss fight, Slayer and siege weapons activities and rewards.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Promotional[edit | edit source]
Cutscene[edit | edit source]
Development[edit | edit source]
Artwork of Kerapac, the bound by Mod BakingaZ.
Credits[edit | edit source]
|Developer||Mod Ramen (boss), Mod Luma (Slayer content)|
|Writing||Mod Jack, Mod William|
|Art & Graphics|
|Characters||Mod Deadly, Mod Soffan|
|Environments||Mod Alex, Mod Blkwitch, Mod Read|
|Animation||Mod Haku, Mod Wing|
|Concept||Mod BakingaZ, Mod Fox|
|Quality assurance||Mod Forza, Mod Planty|
|Databox • Talk page|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 6 September 2021 (Update):
- The Fractured Staff of Armadyl has been added to the Magic Skill Guide.
- The Needle in the Colosseum in Senntisten can now be examined.
- Achievements that require the boss to be killed in a certain way will no longer be awarded to players who joined in the middle of an encounter.
- When a player dies in the Wilderness with the dyed version of the Fractured Staff of Armadyl equipped, they will leave the broken base version of it as loot.
- The overlapping abandoned siege engine in The Nodon Front has been removed.
- The materials cart in The Nodon Front has been moved slightly north.
- patch 9 August 2021 (Update):
- Dyed versions of the Fractured Staff of Armadyl are no longer tradeable.
- The Pontifex Shadow Ring can now be reclaimed from Azzanadra in the Azzanadra's Cathedral.
- Attack options will now be hidden on Kerapac during his death animation to make looting easier.
- Added a 1.2 second antispam to the Warp Time ability in the Kerapac encounter to prevent spam clicking from accelerating it.
- Cooldown indicators on various abilities found in The Nodon Front have been made more opaque for better visibility.
- Clue Scrolls will now drop with the rest of the loot piles in the Kerapac encounter.
- If players attempt to stand beneath Kerapac during the Shatter mechanic, the time thread tear will now pick a random direction to fire in, instead of not firing at all.
- Added a check to Kerapac's magic attack to stop him dealing damage while he's in the process of dying.
- The Staff of Armadyl's special attack is now affected by the Altar of War's cooldown reset.
- The Greater Concentrated Blast ability's animation no longer shows the player held in place if they attempt to move while casting.
- hotfix 9 August 2021 (Update):
- The damage from Kerapac's slam attack has been increased.
- The drop rate of Naressa's Journal has been increased.
- The maximum number of players able to join an instance of Kerapac, the Bound is now capped correctly.
- Poison no longer bypasses damage caps when Kerapac transitions through phases.
- The dyed Fractured Staff of Armadyl will now retain its dye when transitioning to certain states.
- Drops from the Nodon will no longer appear under siege engines.
- Ironmen will now be awarded drops and progress on their Slayer Tasks when using siege cannons against the Nodon.
- The Warp Time ability from the Kerapac boss fight will no longer re-trigger upon leaving the instance.
- The extra damage from Dwarf Multicannon Upgrade Kits will now only be applied after the upgrade has been unlocked.
- Kerapac will now attack straight away after transitioning into phase 4 on Hardmode.
- Kerapac can no longer be damaged during phase transitions.
- The Staff of Armadyl's special attack no longer gives extra spellcasts via non-ability-based critical hits.
- Ironmen will now reliably receive loot and XP from Kerapac.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b Jagex. "Elder God Wars: Prepare For War." 9 July 2021. RuneScape News.
- ^ a b c d e f g h Jagex. "Elder God Wars Dungeon: The Nodon Front." 16 July 2021. RuneScape News.
- ^ a b c d e f g RuneScape. Elder God Wars Dungeon: An introduction to the Nodon Front | RuneScape. YouTube. 20 July 2021.*
- ^ Mod Hooli. Number of players and kill count requirement. Reddit. 20 July 2021. (Archived from the original on 20 August 2021.) Mod Hooli: "1-3 for Kerapac, though solo is recommended. There are no killcount requirements to access the boss. We'll talk about this more on Monday's launch stream, but it's a mechanic the team decided not to bring to this GWD for a variety of reasons."
- ^ RuneScape Mobile Launch & Elder God Wars!. Twitch. 16 June 2021.*
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 9 July 2021. RuneScape: "The first battle of the Elder God Wars Dungeon is getting closer – and Time is not on your side. Get ready World Guardian. Ready to face Jas' powerful army of Dragonkin:"
- ^ RuneScape. Elder God Wars: The Nodon Front - Announcement Trailer| RuneScape. YouTube. 16 July 2021.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ramen's Twitter account. 19 July 2021. Mod Ramen: "Go and follow the bright and creative @JagexLuma! Had the pleasure of working with her on her first update, and the first of the Elder God War dungeon updates; The Nodon Front."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ramen's Twitter account. 19 July 2021. Mod Ramen: "Also, our lovely art team, whose work will be unveiled to the world soon😬 @JagexBlkwitch @JagexWing @JagexSoffan @JagexAlex @JagexHaku"
|One of the Elder God Wars Dungeon fronts|