|Release||25 October 2021 (Update)|
|Music||The Glory of Combat|
|Teleports||Boss portal attuned to TzKal-Zuk|
Pontifex shadow ring (cathedral)
|doc • Talk page|
The TzekHaar Front is the fourth front of the Elder God Wars Dungeon, which was released on 25 October 2021. The front has no requirements to access; however, the completion of Sliske's Endgame, Desperate Measures and City of Senntisten, as well as their prerequisites, is recommended for a better understanding of the story, as the front is considered the next installment in the ongoing Elder God Wars narrative. The Shard of Erebus stops the enemies from being aggressive, and pontifex shadow ring provides additional benefits in the front.
The TzekHaar Front features the fourth and final assault on the cathedral in Senntisten, where united forces of young gods keep the eggs of the Elder Gods from hatching and destroying Gielinor in the process. The attack to the north of the cathedral is led by TzKal-Zuk and his army of the TzekHaar and is performed through the sewers of Senntisten.
For the duration of the first week after release, Jagex instated a Free death week.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
The TzekHaar Front is located in the northern section of Senntisten, which can be accessed by the ancient door north of the Archaeology Guild and directly east of Tolna's rift. In the middle of the front there is a large chasm with chains enabling the player to climb down to Senntisten sewers. Interacting with the chains for the first time triggers a cutscene.
Travel methods include:
- Use the Archaeology journal to teleport to the Archaeology Guild, then walk north to the ancient door.
- Using a gnome glider to fly to Lemanto Andra (3) leaves the player very close to the ancient door.
- The pontifex shadow ring, restored after the City of Senntisten quest, can teleport the player directly to the cathedral, south of the front.
- The dig sites map in the Archaeology Guild, Archaeology teleport or the master archaeologist's outfit can be used to teleport to the Senntisten Dig Site camp just south-east of the front, provided the player has level 60 Archaeology or access to those items.
- The boss portal in War's Retreat (requiring at least one kill of TzKal-Zuk) or the boss portal in the Max Guild (Doesnt require a kill) can be attuned to teleport the player to the TzKal-Zuk.
- For a limited time after the front's release, the fateful portal in War's Retreat.
Map[edit | edit source]
Senntisten sewers[edit | edit source]
The TzekHaar front is located in the northern section of Senntisten and south of the main entrance, however most of its features are located in the Senntisten sewers accessed by interacting with a chain or the chains in the chasm in the middle of the area. The sewers contain a general combat area, inhabited by a number of TzekHaar-Hur, TzekHaar-Mej, TzekHaar-Xil, and TzekHaar-Kih. Monsters in the area are aggressive, unless the shard of Erebus is equipped. They have a similar drop table to those fought during the waves.
Related items and conditions[edit | edit source]
Protective effect of obsidian armour works against all the monsters in this front including Zuk. Obsidian helm's accuracy buff works against all monsters except Zuk. Similarly, TokKul-Zo works against all mobs aside from Zuk. TzHaar slayer assignment is not effective against any monster in the front.
|Item / condition||TzKal-Zuk||All other monsters|
|Obsidian armour up to 55% damage reduction|
|Tokkul donation at Fight Cauldron for 10% more damage reduction from Obsidian armour|
|Obsidian helm's 10% accuracy increase|
|TokKul-Zo 10% damage increase|
|Slayer helmet, Genocidal and Tuska's Wrath effect from TzHaar slayer assignment|
|Volcanic damage enhancer 10% damage increase|
Battlefield abilities[edit | edit source]
Six generals from the first God Wars Dungeon and the Heart of Gielinor found throughout the different fronts can aid in the fight against the TzekHaar outside the boss encounter by providing the player with temporary abilities:
One of the following abilities may be selected at once by talking to the corresponding commander and can be activated using the extra action button. Can be used during, and does not incur, the global cooldown.
|Kree'arra||Channel the Avianse kin and gain a 10% damage increase for a short duration (18 seconds).||60 seconds||Maplink|
|Commander Zilyana||Call upon the light to shield yourself from 50% of incoming damage for a short duration (18 seconds).||60 seconds||Maplink|
|Nex||Siphon life directly from your target to heal yourself (25% of the target's maximum health over 6 hits).||120 seconds||Maplink|
|K'ril Tsutsaroth||Smash your target with a large attack of 75% of your current weapon's damage type.||150 seconds||Maplink|
|Helwyr||Summons a Mushroom that explodes after a delay, dealing damage around it.||60 seconds||Maplink|
|Gorvek||Call in support from Gorvek to rain down dragonfire where you stand, dealing magic damage to any monsters standing in the affected area.||120 seconds||Maplink|
TzKal-Zuk[edit | edit source]
TzKal-Zuk is the general of the TzekHaar Front. Before players can fight him, they must fight off against 17 waves of TzekHaar enemies, much like in the TzHaar Fight Cave and Fight Kiln. There are checkpoints at specific waves that allow the player to restart from that stage if they die or teleport during the fight. However setting a kill time or obtaining the igneous stone requires the player to complete the entire encounter without taking advantage of checkpoints. This, along with the completion of TzKal-Zuk's challenges, is also required to complete the Make Way, I'm Coming Through achievement, which unlocks the hard mode. In hard mode, there is only one checkpoint, just before TzKal-Zuk.
TzekHaar variants of TzTok-Jad and Har-Aken are encountered in the waves. These count towards Soul Reaper tasks and rewards. Likewise, the TzekHaar variant of Har-Aken can drop the volcanic shard that unlocks Shrimpy.
The enemies killed during the waves before the boss itself also provide loot, which is placed in a chest and can be claimed even if the player dies or leaves. Unlike its spiritual predecessors, this encounter is not safe. The waves start by right clicking TzKal-Zuk and choosing "Challenge". The encounter uses the Extra action button.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Igneous stone, used to upgrade the variants of the TokHaar-Kal capes from the Fight Kiln. The upgrade item is a guaranteed reward for completing the encounter without using checkpoints and by completing Zuk's challenges. The three capes can also be combined into the Igneous Kal-Zuk, which provides all of their effects and stat boosts after completing a flawless hardmode run of the zuk fight. The igneous stone can be disassembled if no longer necessary for the capes. Currently, Ultimatums perk does not work with any of these cape effects.
|Igneous Kal-Ket||Melee||+57 armour, +43 bonus, +2 bonus||Overpower: adrenaline cost reduced to 60%, hits twice.|
|Igneous Kal-Xil||Ranged||+57 armour, +43 bonus, +2 bonus||Deadshot: adrenaline cost reduced to 60%, deals 42-210% of initial damage plus 70% ability damage every 1.2 seconds over the next 8.4 seconds.|
|Igneous Kal-Mej||Magic||+57 armour, +43 bonus, +2 bonus||Omnipower: adrenaline cost reduced to 60%, hits four times, with each hit dealing 90-180% of ability damage.|
|Igneous Kal-Zuk||Hybrid||+57 armour, +43 bonus, +43 bonus, +43 bonus bonus, +2 bonus||Combines all above effects.|
- Ek-ZekKil, a tier 95 two-handed melee sword which requires level 95 Strength to wield. It is created by combining the obsidian blade, magma core, and ancient hilt, which can only be obtained after defeating TzKazl-Zuk in hard mode. It has special attack, Igneous Cleave, which deals 62-190% initial ability damage, plus 6 hits of 30-105% ability damage (increasing by 5% for each hit) over the next 14.4 seconds. If the target is hit by a burn or bleed ability while Igneous Cleave is applied, that effect will be extended by an extra hit, up to a maximum of five hits. Ek-ZekKil also counts as an obsidian weapon for the purposes of the berserker necklace.
- Magma Tempest ability codex, unlocking a Magic two-handed basic ability that creates a 5x5 area which deals 5-19% damage in 8 hits over 9.6 seconds to up to 25 enemies standing in that area. The area is centered on a targeted enemy or a tile. The ability is not triggered by Revolution. Magma Tempest cannot critically strike.
- Scripture of Ful. When activated, the player has a 6.6% chance when attacking to activate Gladiator's Rage, which increases the damage they deal by 20% at the cost of taking 10% additional damage for 15 seconds.
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Throughout the TzekHaar Front a number of allied NPCs can be found, providing additional narrative background.
- Avaryss, the Unceasing
- General Khazard, a Zamorakian majarrat and a warlord
- Hazeel, a Zamorakian mahjarrat
- Nymora, the Vengeful
- Undead Crux Eqal knights
- Undead Elven Knights
- Undead Temple Knights
- Zarador, representing the Bandosians
Furthermore, in Senntisten sewers the following NPCs can be found:
- General Graardor, a Bandosian warrior, who challenged and was defeated by TzKal-Zuk and is mocked by a troll lout
- Troll brute
- Troll lout
Music[edit | edit source]
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Development history[edit | edit source]
The fourth front of the Elder God Wars Dungeon was first teased on 15 October 2021 with a short animated teaser titled A challenge, featuring TzKal-Zuk saying You will fail like all the others! You were expecting the TokHaar? while its name was being chanted in the background. The teaser was accompanied by a message Are you worthy? TzKal-Zuk is the leader of a feral TzHaar faction and a boss originally created for Old School RuneScape's Inferno, a spiritual successor to TzHaar Fight Cave and one of the hardest combat challenges in the game and is a first major element created for Old School to be added to RuneScape. A newspost published on 18 October announced that the front will be revealed the next day during a livestream featuring an artwork from artist Enkoro. The stream featured a trailer of the front, revealing its name and release date. During the stream the developers showcased the front, including the cutscene, and discussed the development, mechanics and rewards. The informations from the stream were also published in a newspost on the same day.
The gods' dialogue in the cathedral released on 18 September, Seren noted the absence of the TokHaar in Senntisten and that Ful, watching their defeat in the Battle of the Monolith, will send more than the TokHaar this time. She also felt "a disturbance - a thrumming, deep within Gielinor's core", referencing the incoming forces. She also agreed to Zamorak's suggestion to use necromancy to aid the defences and asked him to summon his necromancers, teasing the defending forces of this front.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Cutscene[edit | edit source]
Promotional[edit | edit source]
Development[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being the more seasoned warriors, there are very few TzekHaar-Kets, which is also shared by the TokHaar-Kets; both barely make an appearance in their respective fights. Likewise, the few Kets that do appear during the fight with Zuk have a significantly lower combat level than their Xil and Mej counterparts.
Credits[edit | edit source]
|Developer||Mod Ryan, Mod Sponge, Mod Ramen|
|Art & Graphics|
|Environments||Mod Blkwitch, Mod Alex, Mod Read|
|Animation||Mod Wing, Mod Haku|
|Concept||Mod Fox, Mod BakingaZ|
|Quality assurance||Mod Forza|
|Databox • Talk page|
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b c d e f g h i Jagex. "Elder God Wars Dungeon: The TzekHaar Front." 19 October 2021. RuneScape News.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j RuneScape. Elder God Wars Dungeon: Final Front Reveal | 19/10 | 4pm Game Time. YouTube. 19 October 2021.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Sponge's Twitter account. 20 October 2021. (Archived from the original on 5 November 2021.) Mod Sponge: "Minions outside have a similar table to inside - i imagine that one dropped something that got eaten by a herbicide/coin pouch"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Sponge's Twitter account. 20 October 2021. (Archived from the original on 5 November 2021.) Mod Sponge: "iirc damage reduction will effect everything (as it checks the area you are in not the mob your fighting)"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Sponge's Twitter account. 20 October 2021. (Archived from the original on 5 November 2021.) Mod Sponge: "defensively it'll work through out, the helm buff doesnt work on zuk though"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Sponge's Twitter account. 20 October 2021. (Archived from the original on 5 November 2021.) Mod Sponge: "Tokkul Zo should work against all mobs aside from Zuk The cauldron i can bring up with the team."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Sponge's Twitter account. 20 October 2021. (Archived from the original on 5 November 2021.) Mod Sponge: "Against the mobs yeah, against Zuk no."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Sponge's Twitter account. 20 October 2021. (Archived from the original on 5 November 2021.) Mod Sponge: "At current no, Ultimatums doesn't stack nicely with anything. That being said I wouldn't be against giving the perk some love post-release."
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 15 October 2021. (Archived from the original on 5 November 2021.) RuneScape: "Are you worthy?"
- ^ RuneScape. Elder God Wars: The TzekHaar Front Trailer | RuneScape. YouTube. 19 October 2021.*
- ^ Seren, "Elder God Wars Dungeon", RuneScape. "Seren: The first servants of the Elders have so far been conspicuous in their absence.
Armadyl: The TokHaar? They are formidable, but we handled them well enough at the Monolith.
Seren: Ful was watching. She will send more than TokHaar this time. Now I feel a disturbance - a thrumming, deep within Gielinor's core. They are coming."
- ^ Zamorak, "Elder God Wars Dungeon", RuneScape. "The devastation among our ground forces is widespread. There is an ample supply of corpses."
- ^ Seren, "Elder God Wars Dungeon", RuneScape. "Send word to your necromancers, Zamorak. Have them make their preparations."
|One of the Elder God Wars Dungeon fronts|