This article is about the attackable NPC. For the siege engine that can be manned, see abandoned siege engine
Siege engines are war machines used by the Nodon to attack the Cathedral of Azzanadra in Senntisten. They require level 92 Slayer to kill.
They are operated by Nodon grunts, though they will flee once the cannon is broken. When this happens, the grunt will leave a separate drop.
The broken cannon can be sabotaged using 15 siege engine parts with 90 Thieving, granting 500 Thieving experience. This will automatically destroy the cannon once the Nodon grunt respawns. If the grunt respawns during the sabotage, the process will be interrupted and the siege engine will become aggressive.
Though their attacks can be quite powerful, they can easily be avoided by stepping out of the way, as every shot is aimed at the tile the player was on when fired. Despite being listed as cannonball damage, the damage can be reduced with Protect/Deflect Missiles.
Nodon grunts drop loot when flying away.
Pre-roll drops are dropped alongside the main drop table.
- ^ Guaranteed after a total 1,600 Nodon dragonkin kills
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- hotfix 27 July 2021:
- Loot from Nodon will no longer drop under siege engines (causing loot to be unobtainable in specific cases).
- Using a gnomeball on a siege engine will cause the next shot from the engine to be a gnomeball. This will not use up the player's gnomeball.
- According to Naressa, the siege engines are not actually creations of the Nodon, claiming that they are "far too fragile, and easy to tamper with".
- ^ Jagex. Mod Luma's Twitter account. 27 July 2021. (Archived from the original on 27 July 2021.) Mod Luma: "Naressa's journal now has a much lower (higher? it's easier to get now anyways 🙂) drop rate, with a guaranteed drop if you have over 1.6k kills"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Luma's Twitter account. 27 July 2021. (Archived from the original on 27 July 2021.) Mod Luma: "Ironmen will now get Slayer XP, KC, and loot when using abandoned siege engines. Everyone will now also get combat XP. Loot from Nodon will no longer drop under siege engines (causing loot to be unobtainable in specific cases)"
- ^ Naressa, RuneScape. "We're not really fighters. As you might be aware, we specialise in construction, design, and building claws-on. When the war against the Roakin started brewing, we fled into hiding rather than fight head-on. *sigh* Of course, you wouldn't be able to guess that looking at how we are today. If you look closely, you can tell that those siege engines aren't even made by us. They are far too fragile, and easy to tamper with. You can find parts of them falling out all over the place! Truly awful work, clearly invented by an amateur."