Kerapac, the bound
|Kerapac, the bound|
|Release||26 July 2021 (Update)|
|Examine||A pawn of the Elder God, Jas.|
|XP (2H/MH/OH)||439 / 292 / 146|
4 ticks (2.4s)
|Base hit chance|
|Not immune||Not immune||Immune||Not immune|
|Links||bestiary • MRND|
|FAQ • doc|
Kerapac, the bound is a Dactyl dragonkin boss. Enslaved by Jas following the events of Desperate Measures, Kerapac has been sent to reclaim the Elder God eggs stolen by the mortal races and placed within Senntisten in a last ditch effort to prevent The Great Revision. Kerapac is the leader of the Nodon forces that were sent with him as part of the Nodon Front. Taking the Staff of Armadyl and The Needle with him, Kerapac has a myriad of attacks and abilities at his disposal.
As with the other generals of the Elder God Wars Dungeon, kill count is not needed as a prerequisite to face Kerapac. He can be fought in a team of 1 to 3 players; like bosses within Elite Dungeons (1, 2 & 3), his health does not scale, but his mechanics are adjusted accordingly.
Kerapac's drops include his wrist wraps, tier 85 magic power gloves that enhance the Combust and Dragon Breath abilities; a codex that upgrades the Concentrated Blast ability; and the Scripture of Jas, an Elder God book and its pages. Players who are able to subdue him in hard mode will still have access this table, along with the ability to obtain pieces of the Fractured Staff of Armadyl, a tier 95 two-handed staff.
Obtaining all of his unique drops is required for the feat Naughty Dragonkin which awards the title Timeweaver [Name].
Location[edit | edit source]
Kerapac, the bound can be found at the Nodon Front as part of the Elder God Wars Dungeon.
Players can use the pontifex shadow ring to teleport directly to the Cathedral of Azzanadra and head north-west to the colosseum. Using the teleportation option in Kerapac's Beasts interface entry takes the player to the Varrock lodestone, a fair distance south-west from the entrance to the ruins of Senntisten.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Despite being a Dactyl dragonkin, Kerapac counts as a Nodon dragonkin for the purposes of a Slayer assignment. The slayer helm provides accuracy and damage bonuses, but Kerapac is unaffected by Tuska's Wrath's slayer effect. However, he does not count as a dragon for the purposes of a Dragons cluster assignment.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Upon defeat, three drops are given per kill. In solo encounters, the player receives all three drops. In duo encounters, the leftover drop is awarded to the top damaging player. In trio encounters, every player gets their own drop.
Like at Solak, drops from Kerapac are announced in local chat and separated into three different colours; main drops are green, secondary drops are blue, while rare unique drops are orange.
Charms[edit | edit source]
Charms are dropped in stacks of 5 charms. Up to three stacks are received per kill.
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 413 kills.|
60 items are dropped at a time.
Normal Mode[edit | edit source]
The chance of finding a unique boss drop is 1/256 per loot pile, or ~1/85 per solo boss kill. If the roll fails, a common drop will be given instead.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Hydrix bolt tips||30–40||Common||211,890–282,520||180,000–240,000|
|Large plated orikalkum salvage||2–4 (noted)||Common||195,222–390,444||200,000–400,000|
|Dragonkin bones||20–30 (noted)||Common||381,200–571,800||20–30|
|Inert adrenaline crystal||8–12 (noted)||Common||9,704–14,556||19,200–28,800|
|Royal dragonhide||94–115 (noted)||Common||232,556–284,510||5,640–6,900|
|Uncut dragonstone||20–27 (noted)||Common||103,780–140,103||12,000–16,200|
|Light animica stone spirit||41–57||Common||35,547–49,419||Not alchemisable|
|Fire battlestaff||30–61 (noted)||Common||206,280–419,436||279,000–567,300|
|Kerapac's wrist wraps||1||1/768[d 1]||2,069,704||48,000|
|Greater Concentrated blast ability codex||1||1/768[d 1]||118,517,011||750,000|
|Scripture of Jas||1||1/768[d 1]||16,956,620||18,000|
- ^ a b c Drop rate increased by 2% after upgrading to enriched pontifex shadow ring.
Hard Mode[edit | edit source]
The chance of obtaining a piece of the fractured staff of Armadyl is 1/450 per loot pile, or 1/150 per solo boss kill. If this roll fails, there is a 1/192 chance of obtaining the scripture, wrist wraps or codex per loot pile, or 1/64 per solo boss kill. This, in turn, means a ~1/135 chance for any unique drops per loot pile, or a ~1/45 chance per solo boss kill.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Hydrix bolt tips||45–60||Common||317,835–423,780||270,000–360,000|
|Large plated orikalkum salvage||5–8 (noted)||Common||488,055–780,888||500,000–800,000|
|Dragonkin bones||80–110 (noted)||Common||1,524,800–2,096,600||80–110|
|Inert adrenaline crystal||15–30 (noted)||Common||18,195–36,390||36,000–72,000|
|Royal dragonhide||200–300 (noted)||Common||494,800–742,200||12,000–18,000|
|Uncut dragonstone||41–60 (noted)||Common||212,749–311,340||24,600–36,000|
|Light animica stone spirit||80–120||Common||69,360–104,040||Not alchemisable|
|Fire battlestaff||40–90 (noted)||Common||275,040–618,840||372,000–837,000|
|Fractured Armadyl symbol||1||1/450[d 1][d 2]||859,862,451||Not alchemisable|
|Fractured stabilisation gem||1||1/450[d 1][d 2]||1,157,858,044||Not alchemisable|
|Staff of Armadyl's fractured shaft||1||1/450[d 1][d 2]||885,547,573||Not alchemisable|
|Kerapac's wrist wraps||1||449/259200[d 3][d 2]||2,069,704||48,000|
|Greater Concentrated blast ability codex||1||449/259200[d 3][d 2]||118,517,011||750,000|
|Scripture of Jas||1||449/259200[d 3][d 2]||16,956,620||18,000|
Secondary drops[edit | edit source]
It is possible to receive multiple secondary drops in a single kill.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Resonant anima of Jas||44–142||Common[d 1]||2,640–8,520||2,640–8,520|
|Resonant anima of Jas (tradeable)||44–142||Common||4,664–15,052||44–142|
|Elder Trove (Jas, T1)||1||Varies[d 2][d 3][d 4]||30||30|
|Elder Trove (Jas, T2)||1||Varies[d 2][d 3][d 5]||30||30|
|Elder Trove (Jas, T3)||1||Varies[d 2][d 3][d 6]||30||30|
|Manuscript of Jas||1||Common||44,094||120|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1 (m)||1||Uncommon[d 7]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2 (m)||1||Uncommon[d 7]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3 (m)||1||Uncommon[d 7]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Chaos die reroll token||1||10/3000[d 8][d 9]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Chaos die reroll token||1||10/1000[d 10][d 9]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Sealed clue scroll (elite)||1||Rare[d 11]||1||1|
|Starved ancient effigy||1||Rare||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Kerapac's mask piece||1||Very rare[d 12]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
- ^ Replaced by its tradeable version after the player has upgraded their pontifex shadow ring with 1,000 anima of Jas.
- ^ a b c Requires completion of Azzanadra's Quest.
- ^ a b c Elder Trove hourly drop limit varies depending on the tier of the Pontifex shadow ring.
- ^ Only obtainable when the Pontifex shadow ring is not upgraded, overcharged or worn.
- ^ Only obtainable once the Pontifex shadow ring has been upgraded to tier 3 or higher. Replaces the T1 Trove.
- ^ Only obtainable once the Pontifex shadow ring has been upgraded to tier 5 or higher. Replaces the T2 Trove.
- ^ a b c Triskelion fragments are dropped in order.
- ^ Normal mode
- ^ a b Only usable after Twilight of the Gods is completed. Can be obtained prior to Twilight of the Gods.
- ^ Hard mode
- ^ There's a 1% chance an elite clue scroll will be upgraded to a master clue scroll.
- ^ Has a base drop rate of 1/3,000 (normal mode) or 1/1,500 (hard mode), per loot pile, both with a threshold of 500.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Kerapac ( 0) – Defeat Kerapac. (X/1)
- Can't Touch This ( 10) – Complete a Kerapac encounter without getting hit by a lightning strike.
- Definitely Can't Touch This ( 10) – Complete a Kerapac encounter without getting hit by a lightning strike. Can only be completed in a hard mode instance.
- If I Could Turn Back Time... I Wouldn't ( 10) – Complete a Kerapac encounter without rewinding time.
- If I Could Turn Back Time... I Definitely Wouldn't ( 0) – Complete a Kerapac encounter without rewinding time. Can only be completed in a Hard Mode instance.
- The Ultimate Tank Test ( 0) – Complete a Kerapac encounter without ever jumping into a player echo's time thread. Can only be completed in a hard mode instance.
- Naughty Dragonkin ( 0) – Obtained a collection of unique drops from Kerapac.
- Time Flies I ( 5) – Defeat Kerapac. (X/5)
- Time Flies II ( 5) – Defeat Kerapac. (X/10)
- Time Flies III ( 5) – Defeat Kerapac. (X/25)
- Time Flies IV ( 5) – Defeat Kerapac. (X/50)
- Time Flies V ( 5) – Defeat Kerapac. (X/75)
- Time Flies VI ( 5) – Defeat Kerapac. (X/100)
- Attack of the Clones I ( 5) – Defeat Kerapac in hard mode. (X/5)
- Attack of the Clones II ( 5) – Defeat Kerapac in hard mode. (X/10)
- Attack of the Clones III ( 5) – Defeat Kerapac in hard mode. (X/25)
- Attack of the Clones IV ( 5) – Defeat Kerapac in hard mode. (X/50)
- Attack of the Clones V ( 5) – Defeat Kerapac in hard mode. (X/75)
- Attack of the Clones VI ( 5) – Defeat Kerapac in hard mode. (X/100)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 13 June 2022 (Update):
- The drop rates for the Chaos die reroll tokens have been increased. Normal mode Kerapac per pile drop rate: 10/3000. Hard mode Kerapac per pile drop rate: 10/1000
- update 6 June 2022 (Update):
- Chaos die reroll tokens have been added to the drop table upon completion of the Twilight of the Gods quest.
- patch 24 January 2022 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with incorrect difficulty information during the Kerapac encounter.
- Fixed an issue with the lightning attack dealing hard typeless damage instead of soft.
- patch 11 October 2021 (Update):
- Fixed an issue with the hitbox of Kerapac's Lightning Strike attack.
- patch 20 September 2021 (Update):
- A player that joins the battle during Kerapac's lightning attack can now see the attack animation.
- update 6 September 2021 (Update):
- Players can no longer obtain Kerapac's combat achievements by entering the boss arena during the middle of a fight.
- patch 31 August 2021 (Update):
- Reduced amount of charms given from 20 per pile to 5 per pile.
- Kerapac's time clones no longer target players that have left the boss fight.
- hotfix 16 August 2021 (Update):
- The change to Kerepac's time thread tear which removed the ability to stand under the boss to mitigate the attack has been reverted due to feedback.
- patch 9 August 2021 (Update):
- Using the Reaper portal while on a Kerapac task will now correctly teleport players to the colosseum gateway.
- hotfix 9 August 2021:
- Players can now walk under Kerapac again to skip the Shatter mechanic, as it was deemed too punishing for solo encounters and melee-using players.
- update 9 August 2021 (Update):
- Attack option on Kerapac removed upon defeating him to make looting easier.
- Clue scrolls should drop as intended if rolled on.
- Added a 1.2s cooldown timer on the Warp Time ability to prevent spam clicking to accelerate it.
- Added a check to prevent Kerapac's magic attack from damaging the player upon being defeated.
- Shatter mechanic fixed to prevent players from walking under Kerapac to prevent it from appearing.
- hotfix 9 August 2021 (Update):
- The damage from Kerapac's slam attack has been increased.
- The maximum number of players able to join an instance of 'Kerapac, the Bound' is now capped correctly.
- Poison no longer bypasses damage caps when Kerapac transitions through phases.
- The Warp Time ability from the Kerapac boss fight will no longer re-trigger upon leaving the instance.
- Kerapac will now attack straight away after transitioning into phase 4 on Hardmode.
- Kerapac can no longer be damaged during phase transitions.
- Ironmen will now reliably receive loot and XP from Kerapac.
- hotfix 28 July 2021:
- Players now deal 0 damage during Kerapac's phase transition, down from 5% damage.
- hotfix 26 July 2021:
- Increased the melee damage dealt from Jumping Slam to discourage players from tanking the attack to skip the Lightning Strike mechanic.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Kerapac is voiced by Kerry Shale.
- Kerry is also the name of Kerapac's boss pet.
- There was a bug on release where Kerapac's hard mode kills could not be found through the quick chat search bar. It was still available to quick chat but one would have to navigate to hard mode boss kills through the quick chat menu (key combo FHM1). Personal bests could not be quick-chatted. This was silently fixed with the 9 August 2021 update.[source needed]
- When quick-chatting the amount of times the player has defeated Kerapac, the term 'killed' is used, despite the fact that Jas prevents Kerapac from dying. This also applies to fellow Elder God War Dungeon bosses Croesus, the Arch-Glacor and TzKal-Zuk, who also do not die.
- Despite being a Dactyl Dragonkin Kerapac is considered part of a Nodon Dragonkin slayer assignment.
- Kerapac is the only Elder God Wars Dungeon boss that does not appear in the overworld, as his arena is part of an instance. While the arena can be accessed for Archaeology purposes, he does not appear in this variant either.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k Elder God Wars Dungeon: Drop Rates. 20 December 2021. (Archived from the original on 20 December 2021.)
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 28 July 2021. (Archived from the original on 28 July 2021.) RuneScape: "#RSHotfix: Players now deal 0 damage during Kerapac’s phase transition, down from 5% damage."
|One of the Elder God Wars Dungeon fronts|
- Stun-immune monsters
- Aggressive monsters
- P2P bestiary
- Weak to nothing
- Susceptible to hexhunter bow
- Monsters assigned by Laniakea
- Monsters assigned by Morvran
- Clue scroll dropping monsters
- Effigy dropping monsters
- Pages with unsourced statements
- Nodon Front
- Elder God Wars Dungeon
- Soul Reaper