|Also known as||PvM Hub; Garden of War (formerly)|
|Release date||27 January 2020 (Update)|
|Main music||Dare to Die|
|Teleportation||War's Retreat Teleport|
|Infobox • Talk page|
War's Retreat is a hub for PvM activities and is designed to provide amenities helpful for fighting bosses. To access the hub, players need to be at least combat level 60. Like the Max Guild, War's Retreat contains a bank, a campfire for raising the player's max life points, and an altar which restores a player's Prayer and Summoning points. The retreat can be accessed by touching War's Insignia found north of the Draynor Village lodestone next to Death's Hourglass and by entering the doorway found in the western part of Death's office.
The hub is accessible to free-to-play players. However, they cannot purchase the elder campfire upgrade, auras, and refreshers from War. They can attune boss portals to free-to-play bosses (namely the giant mole and the King Black Dragon).
Features[edit | edit source]
- War - One of the four riders of the apocalypse. He provides access to his reward shop, War's Wares. War also provides a decanting service, for both potions and flasks.
- A bank chest - Allows players to access the bank, and is considered an actual bank (for healing purposes).
- A campfire - A permanent fire that provides a bonfire boost. This campfire can be upgraded through War's Wares with Marks of War. It cannot be used as an actual bonfire or for cooking food.
- An altar of War - An area which will allow the player to restore their Prayer and Summoning points. This is unlocked through War's Wares, with 200 boss kills.
Portals[edit | edit source]
There are four boss portals located in the retreat:
- West boss portal, which may be attuned by the player to access a boss of their choosing. In order to tune the portal to the desired boss the player needs to have at least one kill from that boss.
- East boss portal - is unlocked through War's Wares, with 100 boss kills, and functions the same as the other boss portal.
- A Reaper portal, which is automatically attuned to whatever boss the player currently has assigned as a Soul Reaper assignment.
- A Fateful portal, which is automatically attuned to seasonal events, or the most recently released boss if the event is not active.
The portals may be reattuned for 100,000 coins, or 50,000 coins if the player has 100 kills of the boss they are attempting to tune the portal to. As these are boss portals, they do not have access to airut, tormented demons, glacors and Bork that the Max Guild portal offers.
Adrenaline[edit | edit source]
Next to the portals are two inert adrenaline crystals. They are unlocked at 1,000 boss kills. Players can siphon adrenaline from the crystals, gaining +25% adrenaline every 1.2 seconds (2 game ticks). The player stops siphoning them when they reach 100% adrenaline (110% if the Heightened Senses relic power is active) or if the player is carrying an adrenaline urn, when the urn reaches 1,000% stored adrenaline.
Dummy area[edit | edit source]
The dummy area allows players to attack training dummies to gain adrenaline and try out various DPS rotations. It contains 3 training dummy dispensers, and 3 training dummies. There is also a bank chest in the area.
Marks of War[edit | edit source]
Marks of War are a currency used in War's Wares that can be earned by killing bosses. A maximum of 1,000 Marks of War can be earned per hour. After defeating a boss, a one-hour timer begins counting down, during which a maximum of 1,000 Marks of War can be earned. An hour after the first boss was defeated, this timer resets regardless of the number of marks earned during that time, and Marks of War can be earned again. The timer and number of Marks of War earned during the current period can be checked by right-clicking War. More difficult bosses give more Marks of War; however, because of the aforementioned one-hour cap, defeating more powerful bosses does not necessarily result in gaining more Marks of War.
A maximum of 250,000 marks can be owned at once.
Marks per boss[edit | edit source]
|Boss||Combat level||Marks of War (Hard Mode)|
|The Ambassador||5,500||400 (500)|
|Barrows: Rise of the Six||650||100|
|Black stone dragon||2,500||400 (500)|
|Commander Zilyana||596||20 (25)|
|Crassian Leviathan||1,500||120 (150)|
|General Graardor||624||20 (25)|
|Giant mole||230||20 (25)|
|King Black Dragon||276||10|
|K'ril Tsutsaroth||650||20 (25)|
|Masuta the Ascended||1,000||240 (300)|
|Nex: Angel of Death||7,000||200|
|Queen Black Dragon||900||50|
|Raksha, the Shadow Colossus||6000||200|
|The Sanctum Guardian||850||120 (150)|
|Seiryu the Azure Serpent||10,000||400 (500)|
|Taraket the Necromancer||1,200||240 (300)|
|Telos, the Warden||2,000||160 - below 100% enrage |
200 - above 100% enrage
|Twin Furies||1,000||80 (125)|
|TzTok-Jad||702 - Fight Cave
780 - Fight Kiln
|500 - Fight Cave |
30 - Fight Kiln
|Verak Lith||1,450||240 (300)|
|Vindicta & Gorvek||1,000||80 (125)|
War's Wares[edit | edit source]
War's Wares is a reward shop offered by War.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- On the Warpath ( 0) – Gain combat level 60, unlocking the ability to train under War in his retreat. He will grant rewards to help you fight bosses.
- Aura Aura Aura! ( 30) – Unlock the mentioned auras from War's retreat store.
- Relight My Fire ( 30) – Unlock the mentioned bonfire upgrades to War's retreat.
- My Last Resort ( 0) – Unlock the mentioned amenities to War's retreat.
- Second Wind ( 30) – Unlock the ability to refresh the cooldown of adrenaline potions using the adrenaline crystals at War's Retreat.
- War. What Is It Good For? ( 0) – Buy all unlocks and upgrades from War's store.
- Fighting on Two Fronts ( 10) – Unlock the second portal at War's Retreat.
- On a Mission from War ( 15) – Unlock the Altar of War at War's Retreat.
- Tactical Retreat ( 5) – Unlock the War's Retreat teleport spell.
- Channeled Fury ( 30) – Unlock the adrenaline crystal at War's Retreat.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Future additions[edit | edit source]
There were multiple additions to War's Retreat that were originally planned, but not released with the initial update. These features may be added in a future update.
Grouping area[edit | edit source]
The grouping area was created to help players find groups to boss with. While in this area, icons would appear above the player's indicating if you are looking for a group or group for a particular boss, this would work based on the Grouping System. Upon completion of your group the icons above the players head would disappear, the icons would only appear if a player was in that area.
Achievement Garden[edit | edit source]
- The Achievement Garden contains pedestals that would display the player's boss/combat pets they've unlocked.
- Initially the pedestal would appear empty but upon unlocking a pet it would then appear on them, these would only be seen by the player. Upon examining the pet it will display your kill count for the respective boss.
- There were considerations for potentially trimming the pedestal if you've unlocked all boss pets in their respective area, for example a little God Wars Dungeon themed area around the God Wars Dungeon boss pets.
- Additionally there was a PvM related outfit stand which would display various outfits.
Seasonal hiscores[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- ninja 20 July 2020 (Update):
- A new completionist achievement 'Second Wind' has been added for unlocking the adrenaline cooldown refresh from War's Retreat. This achievement gives 30 Runescore.
- Some of the other achievements from War's Retreat have been shifted around and had various adjustments to their Runescore, but the total amount of Runescore obtained from all of these achievement remains the same.
- update 30 March 2020 (Update):
- The Max Guild portal's attunement is now completely independent and no longer checks against the attunements of the portals in War's Retreat.
- patch 10 February 2020 (Update):
- Adrenaline urns can now be filled via the Adrenaline crystals in War's Retreat.
- Boss Timers now vanish properly if the player flees the fight.
- A tooltip has been added to Marks of War currency.
- The entrance to War's Retreat in Draynor has been renamed to be more thematic.
- The unlock hint for the music track Dare to Die now mentions War's Retreat.
- Added some blocking to gravestones in War's Retreat to prevent player models clipping through in some situations.
- The PvM Hub Reaper portal now checks for all normal access requirements when pointed at a God Wars Dungeon boss.
- Added a message for people burning logs on War's Campfire.
- Boss portals can now be interacted with from a longer range.
- Teleporting to War's Retreat via the spellbook teleport will now clear active combat effects such as bleeds.
- The option on War for checking 'Mark of War' cooldown has been renamed to be more obvious.
- Entering Wars retreat now turns the camera.
- patch 3 February 2020 (Update):
- The War’s Retreat Reaper Portal now checks for all normal access requirements when pointed at a God Wars Dungeon boss.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Before release, its original name was "The Garden of War".
- War's Retreat was initially created during Epic Jam.
- As an Early Bird Bonus, Death awarded 50% extra Reaper points from 27 January to 10 February 2020 following the Retreat's release.
References[edit | edit source]