The Nodon Front is the first of four fronts of the Elder God Wars Dungeon released on 26 July 2021. The front has no requirements to access; however, 92 Slayer is required to fight enemies in this part of the dungeon, and 90 Construction is required to turn the siege weapons against the enemy. It is also recommended to have at least level 80 in combat skills, as well as tier-80 equipment. Additionally, the completion of Sliske's Endgame, Desperate Measures and City of Senntisten, as well as their prerequisites, is recommended for a better understanding of the story, as the front is considered the next instalment in the ongoing Elder God Wars narrative. The Shard of Erebus and pontifex observation or pontifex shadow ring are useful in the dungeon.
The Nodon Front features the first assault on the cathedral in Senntisten, where united forces of young gods keep the eggs of the Elder Gods from hatching and destroying Gielinor in the process. The attack is led by Kerapac, the bound and his army of Nodon dragonkin, who have been enslaved by Jas and tasked with reclaiming the eggs. Kerapac is also the avatar of the the Needle, an Elder artefact which gives him control over time, and possesses the Staff of Armadyl.
Kerapac, the bound[edit | edit source]
Kerapac, the bound is a boss encounter within the Grand Colosseum of Senntisten. Kerapac can be fought in a team 1-3 players, with an emphasis on a solo fight. His health and drop rate does not scale with team size. The fight has both a normal and hard mode. The hard mode has four phases, as opposed to three in normal mode, and provides a harder fight but also has access to the normal unique drop table along with fragments for the Staff of Armadyl, a tier 95 two-handed magic weapon. Kerapac uses both Elder artefacts during the fight, bringing himself back with the all previous mechanics after each phase. Unlike in the previous God Wars dungeons, there is no kill count requirement to fight the boss.
Slayer and Construction[edit | edit source]
Players with 92 Slayer can fight several variants of the Nodon dragonkin using different combat styles: Guards (Melee), Hunters (Ranged), Artificers (Magic) and the more challenging Engineering variant. They will also be able to fight siege weapons, which can also be turned against the Dragonkin with 90 Construction. Additionally the five generals from God Wars Dungeon will aid in the defences of the Catheral, providing the player with temporary bonuses.
Map[edit | edit source]
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- Kerapac's wrist wraps, tier 85 Magic gloves which cause Combust to instantly deal 25% more damage if used 6 seconds after Dragon Breath
- Scripture of Jas, Jas themed god book with +5 bonus to Prayer, +8 bonus to all styles and Time Rift special ability which causes all ability damage to add up for 10 seconds and then deals 20% of that damage to the target. The book will be dropped by Kerapac, the bound only, while the pages can be dropped by the Nodon. The scripture cannot be illuminated.
- Greater Concentrated Blast ability codex, which upgrades Concentrated Blast to deal 70%-290% total ability damage over 1.8s in 3 hits (from 48%-246% over 2.4s) and gives 5% critical strike chance for the next ability after every channeled hit
- Pieces of the fractured Staff of Armadyl, the first tier 95 weapon, exclusive to hard mode. It will have special attack, Instability, dealing 50-200% weapon damage and causing each critical strike against the target in the next 30 seconds to fire an extra spell
- Upgrade kits to increase the damage of dwarf multicannon, kinetic cyclone and Oldak coil. Upgraded multicannon will also have new appearance
- Resonant anima, used to upgrade the pontifex shadow ring
- Dragonkin bones
Battlefield abilities[edit | edit source]
The following abilities can be activated using the Extra Action button:
|Kree'arra||Channel the Avianse kin and gain a 10% damage increase|
|Commander Zilyana||Call upon the light to shield yourself from 50% of incoming damage|
|Nex||Siphon life directly from your target to heal yourself (25% of the target's maximum health
over 6 hits)
|K'ril Tsutsaroth||Smash your target with a large attack of 75% of your current weapon's damage type|
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Development history[edit | edit source]
The release month of the first front of the Elder God Wars Dungeon was first revealed by Mod Warden during the RuneScape Mobile release stream on 16 June 2021, along with the information that next fronts will open in the following months. On 9 July a newspost revealed first details about the first front, including requirements and the date of the reveal trailer. On the same day a short teaser featuring Kerapac's voice and a view of Senntisten colosseum was posted on social media. On 16 July 2021, following a countdown, a reveal trailer was published, revealing the update's name and release date, as well as a narrative introduction. On the same day, an accompanying newspost was published, informing that more details as well as gameplay will be revealed in a Developer Diary on 20 July, as well as announcing behind the scenes Discord lore chat with Mod Jack and Mod Raven on 21 July, an update to the newspost with new information on 22 July, and launch stream with developers on the release day. The introduction video released on 20 July provided first look at gameplay and details regarding the boss fight, Slayer and siege weapons activities and rewards.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Cutscene[edit | edit source]
Development[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ a b Jagex. "Elder God Wars: Prepare For War." 9 July 2021. RuneScape News.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j Jagex. "Elder God Wars Dungeon: The Nodon Front." 16 July 2021. RuneScape News.
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k RuneScape. Elder God Wars Dungeon: An introduction to the Nodon Front | RuneScape. YouTube. 20 July 2021.*
- ^ Mod Hooli. Number of players and kill count requirement. Reddit. 20 July 2021. Mod Hooli: "1-3 for Kerapac, though solo is recommended. There are no killcount requirements to access the boss. We'll talk about this more on Monday's launch stream, but it's a mechanic the team decided not to bring to this GWD for a variety of reasons."
- ^ RuneScape Mobile Launch & Elder God Wars!. Twitch. 16 June 2021.*
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 9 July 2021. RuneScape: "The first battle of the Elder God Wars Dungeon is getting closer – and Time is not on your side. Get ready World Guardian. Ready to face Jas' powerful army of Dragonkin:"
- ^ RuneScape. Elder God Wars: The Nodon Front - Announcement Trailer| RuneScape. YouTube. 16 July 2021.*
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ramen's Twitter account. 19 July 2021. Mod Ramen: "Go and follow the bright and creative @JagexLuma! Had the pleasure of working with her on her first update, and the first of the Elder God War dungeon updates; The Nodon Front."
- ^ Jagex. Mod Ramen's Twitter account. 19 July 2021. Mod Ramen: "Also, our lovely art team, whose work will be unveiled to the world soon😬 @JagexBlkwitch @JagexWing @JagexSoffan @JagexAlex @JagexHaku"
|One of the Elder God Wars Dungeon fronts|