Boss portal (Max Guild)
|Undirected combat portal|
|Release||22 September 2014 (Update)|
|doc • Talk page|
The boss portal in the max guild is a portal that can be attuned to any boss. This portal is found on the south-east balcony inside the guild tower. The destination of the portal can be altered for a fixed fee of 50,000 coins. Completing Morvran's challenge allows the player to retune their portal once for free.
Locations[edit | edit source]
|Monster||Location||Hostile on arrival?|
|Bork||Next to the portal to Bork inside the Chaos Tunnels, inside the dagannoth room||Yes - aggressive dagannoth will attack on arrival|
|Glacors||Inside the Glacor Cave - exactly as if travelling to DKQ||No, nearby glacors are not aggressive|
|Tormented demons||In the centre of the Ancient Guthix Temple, just before the door of Guthix (near the stone table on this map)||No|
|Airut||Tip of the peninsula to the west of Phoenix Lair||No, nearby airut are not aggressive|
|Giant Mole||Next to the entrance to the mole's lair in Falador park||No|
|Barrows||Next to the Rise of the Six well||No|
|Dagannoth Kings||Next to the final ladder to the kings||No - nearby dagannoth, wallasalki and giant rock crabs are prevented from attacking by a barrier of rocks|
|Corporeal Beast||Next to the final archway to the beast||No|
|King Black Dragon||Choice of destination on use:
Edgeville teleport stone: directly adjacent to the teleport stone just north of Edgeville Monastery
Wilderness lever: directly adjacent to the lever inside the Lava Maze Dungeon
|Edgeville teleport stone: No
Wilderness lever: Yes - aggressive poison spiders will attack on arrival, and this area is part of the Wilderness, so players can also attack
|Queen Black Dragon||Nearby to the Summoning portal inside the Grotworm Lair||No, nearby mature grotworms are not aggressive|
|Kalphite Queen||In the final stretch of the Kalphite Hive, a short distance from the entrance to the Queen's lair||No, nearby kalphite guardians are not close enough to attack on arrival|
|Kalphite King||Next to the entrance to the Kalphite King's Lair inside the Exiled Kalphite Hive||No|
|Commander Zilyana||Outside the lobby before Zilyana's room in Saradomin's Encampment||Yes, if not wearing Saradomin and Zamorak god protection|
|General Graardor||Outside the lobby before Graardor's room in Bandos' Stronghold||Yes, if not wearing Bandos and Zamorak god protection|
|Kree'arra||Outside the lobby before Kree'arra's room in Armadyl's Eyrie||Yes, if not wearing Armadyl and Zamorak god protection|
|K'ril Tsutsaroth||Outside the lobby before K'ril's room in Zamorak's Fortress
Prayer will be drained to 0 when entering the portal to this area (the same way as entering the area normally)
|Yes, if not wearing Zamorak god protection|
|Nex||Down the stairs inside the frozen door, just inside the Ancient Prison, inside the safe area before the frozen doorway to the monsters. Or alternatively, if the ancient ceremonial robes are worn, you'll be teleported outside the main door to Nex.
Using this portal requires a frozen key and will drain a charge on use
|Legiones||Outside the door to the Legio corresponding to the key you have the most of in your inventory
Outside Sextus' door if carrying no keys
If carrying equal numbers of multiple types of keys, the arrival point is inconsistent (there is no rule for which door will be arrived at), but it will always be one of the corresponding doors
|No, nearby Ascension creatures are not aggressive|
|Araxxor and Araxxi||Next to the webbed entrance inside the Araxyte Hive||No|
|Vorago||Outside the Borehole||No|
|Gregorovic||Outside the lobby before Gregorovic's room in Sliske's Necropolis||Yes, if not wearing a Sliske insignia or a Shard of Mah|
|Helwyr||Outside the lobby before Helwyr's room in Seren's Encampment||Yes, if not wearing a Seren insignia or a Shard of Mah|
|The Twin Furies||Outside the lobby before the Twin Furies' room in Zamorak's Rampart||Yes, if not wearing a Zamorak insignia or a Shard of Mah|
|Vindicta & Gorvek||Outside the lobby before Vindicta's room in Zaros's Bastion||Yes, if not wearing a Zaros insignia or a Shard of Mah|
|Telos, the Warden||Next to Soothsayer Sybil outside the entrance or inside the door||No|
|The Magister||Next to the entrance to The Magister's room in Sophanem Slayer Dungeon||No|
|Solak||Next to Merethiel in The Lost Grove||No|
|Temple of Aminishi||In front of the entrance to the temple||No|
|Dragonkin Laboratory||In front of the entrance to the Laboratory||No|
|The Shadow Reef||In front of the entrance to the Shadow Reef||No|
|Liberation of Mazcab||In front of the entrance to the Liberation of Mazcab||No|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 25 March 2019 (Update):
- With the addition of Tormented Demons to the Sixth-Age circuit, the Max Guild portal teleport to Tormented Demons now places the player closer to them, while still respecting their boundary of aggression.
- patch 8 January 2018 (Update):
- The aggressive monster warning from the max guild boss portal teleport to Dagannoth Kings has been removed.
- patch 23 October 2017 (Update):
- The Max Guild boss portal has been updated to show all options on one page.
- A 'Set arrival' option has been added to various bosses for the Max Guild boss portal.
- A 'Don't ask me again' option has been added when prompted about the 100k coin charge for re-tuning the Max Guild boss portal.
- patch 14 August 2017 (Update):
- An option has been added to teleport inside of the door to Telos when using the Max Guild's bossing portal.
- The Nex bossing portal will now teleport players outside of the main door if Ancient Ceremonial is equipped.
- patch 15 August 2016 (Update):
- Adjusted the Helwyr teleport from the Max Guild portal to ensure that it no longer places you on the wrong side of the barrier.
- patch 3 August 2015 (Update):
- Completing Morvran's special challenge now earns a free retune of a Max Guild portal.
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- Some typos on the Max Guild's combat portal retuning interface have been fixed.
- ninja 5 May 2015 (Update):
- The skilling and PvM portals in the Prifddinas max guild are now easier to navigate.
- patch 12 January 2015 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to retune a PvM portal to its current destination.
- patch 27 October 2014 (Update):
- Players can no longer smuggle a dwarven multicannon into the Chaos Tunnels via the Bork-attuned PvM portal in the Max Guild.
- patch 29 September 2014 (Update):
- The Max Guild Nex portal now places the player in a more suitable location.
- The Max Guild Araxxor portal now correctly replaces the webbed entrance.
- The Max Guild God Wars portal now correctly resets the player's kill count upon entry.
- The Max Guild Runespan portal no longer allows familiars to be taken in.
- The Max Guild glacor portal will now set the Stone of Jas effect upon entry.
- A typo on the Max Guild's Araxxi portal has been corrected.