This article is about the ability. For the attack unique to dragons, see Dragonfire
||20 November 2012 (Update)
||10.2 seconds (17 ticks)
|Breathe a mighty cloud of fire.
- 37%-188% ability damage.
- Damage up to 4 enemies between you and the primary target, and adjacent to the primary target.
- Disable protection prayers in PvP.
|Infobox • Talk page
Dragon Breath is a basic Magic ability. When activated the player hits the primary target and up to 4 targets in a 3x3 square centred on the target for 37.6-188% ability damage. If used at a distance, other monsters or players in between may be hit as well. If two or more enemies are hit by the line of sight, it may not hit the main target (what makes the difference appears to be the distance of the targets; if the primary and secondary targets are both close or both far away, the main target would be hit; if the secondary targets are close but the main target is far, the latter won't be hit). The damage is not affected by a target's use of a dragonfire protection.
Dragon Breath combines the functionalities of Cleave (188% damage in a frontal cone) and Smash/Snipe/Havoc (prayer disable, with higher damage than Smash or Havoc and does not require Snipe's channelling).
Dragon Breath grants an additional 2% adrenaline if it deals damage to 2 or more targets.
While wearing the Dragon Rider amulet, this ability's damage will be increased by 10%, and it will have a 10% chance to burn the opponent with a shortened version of Combust that does 10% of Dragon Breath's maximum damage three times. This shortened version of Combust does not double in damage if the target moves from its spot.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 29 March 2021 (Update):
- Dragonbreath will now prioritise your main target before performing the usual AoE.
- patch 6 July 2020 (Update):
- The Dragon Breath ability will now animate correctly even when the Asphyxiate animation is appearing.
- patch 29 September 2014 (Update):
- The Dragon Breath ability will no longer hit targets in-between the players target multiple times.
- patch 12 March 2013 (Update):
- An animation issue when performing the Dragon Breath ability with an unsheathed staff equipped has been fixed.
- In PvP Dragon Breath was used at a distance and generates adrenaline but does no damage. Against NPCs, Dragon Breath could only be used adjacent to the target. This was changed in March 2014.
- Dragon Breath used to hit 300% active spell damage before a hidden update that severely weakened most abilities.
- Previously, when this ability hit an enemy target and did not miss, it provided 10% adrenaline. This was changed to match all other basic abilities and provide 8% adrenaline on 9 May 2016.