The official world for RC Running & ZMI Altar
is world 36 (P2P
Death runes are used in great amounts by mages that cast Ancient Magicks, as they are needed to cast the different varieties of the rush and burst combat spells. Death runes are also needed to cast the level 85 spell Teleport Block, the only free-to-play spell which requires death runes. Members can create death runes using the Runecrafting skill at level 65 at the Death altar in the Temple of Light after completing the quest Mourning's End Part II.
Crafting them gives 10 experience per essence (or 0.2 experience per essence in Daemonheim, 20 at the Ourania Runecrafting Altar, 25 through the Abyss and 35 through the Abyss with a Demonic skull).
These are the most powerful rune stocked in any store in free-to-play.
Adult cats can be exchanged for 100 death runes with a Civilian in West Ardougne or 200 death runes while possessing the Ardougne cloak 1 or better (Works even if it is still in the bank).
250 Death runes (along with 750 Air runes) can also be obtained from any Slayer Master for 35 Slayer points after completing the Smoking Kills quest.
Crafting multiple death runes[edit | edit source]
- For more information about Runecrafting multiples, see crafting multiple runes.
All players can cast these spells.
Only members can cast these spells:
This is an auto-generated list (update now
), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here
Showing 100 out of 165 sources.
- ^ a b c d e There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- The most death runes required for a spell are 15, for the Animate Dead spell.
- The picture on a death rune shows a skull & X, which is most likely meant to imitate the jolly roger or more commonly known as the skull & crossbones.
- Death was rolling a death rune with his fingers in 2009 Hallowe'en event. This may be a reference to Pirates of the Caribbean, when Jack did this with one of the cursed Aztec gold coins while in skeletal form.
- Prior to the Evolution of Combat update, death runes were used in Blast spells, Surge spells, Blitz spells and Barrage spells. The removal of their usage in these spells caused a dramatic fall in their Grand Exchange price.
- Although Death runes have no use in Dungeoneering for free players following the Evolution of Combat, they can still be runecrafted and can even be found in the starting room.
- In the German version of RuneScape, they're called "afterlife runes".