Crystallise is a Seren spell unlocked by The Light Within. It is a skilling spell that locks a skilling node to increase experience at the cost of preventing resource yield. While Woodcutting, Fishing and Hunting experience gain is increased by 50%, this can be further increased to 87.5% by activating the Light Form prayer. While Mining the experience gain is increased by 20%; this can be further increased to 40% by activating the Light Form prayer.
The bonus does stack with bonus experience and experience-boosting equipment, but not with the Furnace perk from Invention. It can be used with Mining, Woodcutting, and Fishing spots, or full Hunter box traps.
The crystallised resource will last 30 seconds from the time the spell is cast, not from when you engage with the resource. This means that the spell will wear off whether you engage with the resource in those 30 seconds or not. If another player is using the same resource node, it will deplete as normal, but the Crystallise spell's effect and timer will "pause" until the node refills. If a Fishing spot moves, the spell will move with it.
Once the spell has worn off you will collect one of the resource as you would if you had not cast the spell. This does not apply when mining.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- When mining, crystallise now only works on core mining rocks. It prevents ore from dropping, and adds 20% additional mining XP as long as the player is not AFK.
- Light form doubles the effect of crystallise while mining from 20% to 40%.
- patch 11 January 2016 (Update):
- Crystallise will now correctly consume double ores gained via the Varrock armour effect.