Crystallise is a Seren spell unlocked by The Light Within. It is a skilling spell that locks a skilling node to increase experience at the cost of preventing resource yield. While Woodcutting and Fishing, experience gain is increased by 50%, this can be further increased to 87.5% by activating the Light Form prayer. While Mining the experience gain is increased by 20%, or 40% with Light Form. While Hunting, experience is increased by 10% (20% with Light Form), and the box trap will automatically reset.
The bonus does stack with bonus experience and experience-boosting equipment, but not with the Furnace perk from Invention. It can be used with Mining, Woodcutting, and Fishing spots, or empty Hunter box traps.
The crystallised resource will last 30 seconds from the time the spell is cast, not from when you engage with the resource. This means that the spell will wear off whether you engage with the resource in those 30 seconds or not. If another player is using the same resource node, it will deplete as normal, but the Crystallise spell's effect and timer will "pause" until the node refills. If a Fishing spot moves, the spell will move with it.
Once the spell has worn off you will collect one of the resource as you would if you had not cast the spell. This does not apply when mining.
Crystallise will only be active when used on empty box traps, when catching the following creatures:
It cannot be used on:
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 1 September 2020 (Update):
- Using the Dwarven Fish Extractor on a crystallised Fishing spot no longer requires bait.
- update 8 July 2019 (Update):
- Changes described in Hunter Modernisation Blog implemented:
- Crystallise can now only be used on empty box traps (lasting 30 seconds)
- Crystallise will automatically reset the trap after a creature enters
- Reduced the Crystallise experience increase while Hunting to 10% (or 20% with Light Form)
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- When mining, crystallise now only works on core mining rocks. It prevents ore from dropping, and adds 20% additional mining XP as long as the player is not AFK.
- Light form doubles the effect of crystallise while mining from 20% to 40%.
- ninja 5 February 2018 (Update):
- The Crystallise spell can now be re-cast on the same target before it expires. Players can still only have one Crystallise target active at a time.
- patch 5 June 2017 (Update):
- Crystallise timer bar now displays the correct time remaining if the resource is consumed by another player
- patch 13 March 2017 (Update):
- A timer bar has been added when using Crystalise to show the duration of the spell.
- patch 11 January 2016 (Update):
- Crystallise will now correctly consume double ores gained via the Varrock armour effect.
- patch 1 September 2015 (Update):
- Crystallise can no longer be cast on box traps in any of Mieliki's hunter portals.