|Desert Treasure (#77)|
|Release date||18 April 2005 (Update)|
|Quest series||Return of Zaros|
|Main developer(s)||James B|
|Graphics||Anthony A, Joe R, John S, Neil R|
|Quality assurance||Chris E, Martin I|
|Infobox • Talk page|
- 1 Official description
- 2 Overview
- 3 Asgarnia Smith
- 4 Four Diamonds of Azzanadra
- 5 Mirror, mirror
- 6 The blood diamond
- 7 The ice diamond
- 8 The smoke diamond
- 9 The shadow diamond
- 10 Jaldraocht Pyramid
- 11 Rewards
- 12 Achievements
- 13 Required for completing
- 14 Transcript
- 15 Update history
- 16 Trivia
- 17 References
Official description[edit | edit source]
Rumours abound throughout Varrock and Al Kharid that an archaeologist has discovered clues to a hoard of treasure hidden deep in the desert, south of Al Kharid.
Anybody prepared to offer him assistance in his treasure hunting could well find themselves benefitting from a very large reward indeed...
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||archaeologist in the Bedabin Camp.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Official length||Very Long|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat|
Asgarnia Smith[edit | edit source]
Walk, use a Bandit Camp Teleport, or take a carpet ride to the Bedabin Camp in the Kharidian Desert, and talk to the archaeologist, who can be found beside the magic carpet merchant. He tells you that he is the 'world famous' Asgarnia Smith, the discoverer of the Temple of Ikov and the Brimhaven Agility Arena. When you ask him for a quest, he tells you that he works for the Archaeological Society of Varrock and needs help in finding an ancient artefact. You are then tasked to speak to Terry Balando in the Exam Centre at the Varrock Dig Site for a translation. Go to Terry Balando and he will take the item and ask to wait a few moments. Speak to him again and he will have translated the item and give you a journal in return, now take this journal back to the archaeologist who will ask if you want to read it or not, select the 'Don't Read' option and he will take the journal to read for himself for a few moments now. Talk to him again and he will now ask for your help, while offering to split the treasure between himself and you, select the option to help him when prompted and he will now tell you to split up to search for clues.
Four Diamonds of Azzanadra[edit | edit source]
Asgarnia requests your help in locating this wealth, and agrees to split the treasure evenly. He wants you to dig around for information down at the Bandit Camp, while he searches for clues amongst the Bedabin nomads.
If you wear an item aligned to Saradomin or Zamorak, the bandits in the camp will attack you, which can deter you from proceeding. Even if you survive the onslaught, Eblis will refuse to talk to you, calling you a false prophet.
Go south to the bandit camp and buy a bandit's brew from the bar. Drink it and talk to the bartender again, asking him if he knows anything about the four 'diamonds'. Shocked by an outsider's knowledge of the desert, he tells you that there is indeed an old tale about the four Diamonds of Azzanadra, but you'll have to speak to someone more invested in the desert's history to learn about them.
Speak to Eblis, who can be found inside (or near) the eastern-most house, past the general store. Ask him why the bandits are so hostile towards outsiders and request to learn more about their history. He explains that a few generations ago, their god was banished and they were left to fend for themselves against the armies of Zamorak and Saradomin. They were attacked from all fronts and eventually lost their land, and were forced to take up home in the desert. Their hero, Azzanadra, was imprisoned and bound in a stone structure to the south of the camp, and they await for his return to cast vengeance upon those who stole what was theirs.
Ask him about the diamonds, and he'll tell you that they are the legacy left behind by Azzanadra, stolen by the warriors of Zamorak after he was imprisoned. You must subdue and kill these creatures - who have absorbed the power of the diamond into themselves - to retrieve them.
Mirror, mirror[edit | edit source]
Eblis is ready to help you in your endeavour, in the hopes that Azzanadra might be free again. He needs a few items from you to create special scrying glasses, using which he can sense the diamonds' power and provide a rough location of where each of them have been. Use the required items on Eblis and he'll tell you to meet him a short distance south-east, at the site of the Bandit camp lodestone.
Head to the small hill to find Eblis standing between six mystical mirrors. Look into each of the mirrors and you will see six locations across Gielinor. Two of them - the pyramid and the Bandit Camp - are not indicative of the diamonds' current location.
The other four locations show where you can find the diamonds - these are, Canifis, an icy location near Trollheim, a smokey well near Pollnivneach and a calm, serene area with benches and trees that is west of Fishing Guild and south of Baxtorian Falls.
You must now obtain each of the four diamonds - namely the Diamond of Ice, Blood, Shadow and Smoke - which are in the possession of strong guardians. This can be done in any order.
Avoid keeping any of the diamonds in your inventory for as long as possible, as there is a chance that you'll be attacked by a level 81 stranger. He is capable of hitting over 5000 life points per special attack.
The blood diamond[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: Good food (something along your constitution level works best), 2-3 prayer potions, a druid pouch or ouroboros pouch, magic combat supplies and/or a dwarf multicannon, and an emergency teleport (such as a teleport tablet). You must leave all weapons and armour in the bank until after your visit to Entrana.
Kryptonite[edit | edit source]
Travel to Canifis and enter the Hair of the Dog pub, where a cutscene ensues (if it doesn't play, just go ahead and talk to Malak) where Malak, a vampyre lord, demands a blood tithe from the tavern's owner. After some conversation, Malak recognises you as a stranger and asks of your business in these lands. Tell him that you are looking for the blood diamond, which piques his interest and he makes a proposal to you - he'll tell you the whereabouts of the diamond, but you must successfully kill its owner, who is currently another vampyre lord named Dessous.
When you agree to his deal, he points you towards Dessous' resting place, which is in the graveyard located south-east of Canifis. Malak also provides you with instructions on how to lure Dessous out and kill him.
You will first need to get a sacrificial offering pot from Ruantun, a vampyre in the Draynor Sewers. Make sure to speak about the offering pot, otherwise you will have to go back to Malak. Head to the Draynor Sewers, the entrances to which are located by Draynor Jail, and north of the Draynor marketplace. In the northern part of the sewers, talk to the vampyre named Ruantun and exchange the silver bar for an offering pot.
Next, you need to bless the pot with holy power to weaken Dessous. For this, you require the help of the High Priest of Entrana, so make sure you have banked all of your weapons and armour. Head over to Entrana and talk to the high priest, who happily obliges. If the pot is not blessed, you can still confront Dessous, but you cannot kill him.
Return to Canifis and speak to Malak. He will damage you for 50 life points, and fill the blessed pot with your blood. Crush the garlic to get some powder and add it to the pot of blood, along with the spice (Ardougne Spice Stall is a quick way to get both garlic and spice), to get a blessed pot (complete). The pot will still be named "blessed pot" but the examine text will be: "A blessed silver pot filled with blood, garlic and spices.". The sacrificial pot is now ready to lure Dessous out of his tomb.
The High Priest would be shocked if the pot is filled with blood, but will nevertheless bless it.
If you use the pot on Dessous' tomb, but escaped without killing him, you need to fill the empty blessed pot with blood, crushed garlic and spices again.
Dessous, the blood forager[edit | edit source]
Take the pot to the graveyard south-east of Canifis in the Mort Myre swamp; beware of ghasts on the way as they may rot your food on your way to Dessous, unless you are carrying a charged druid pouch or an ouroboros pouch. However, since you only need to run past them, it would be unlikely for them to rot more than a couple pieces of your food; the graveyard itself is ghast-free.
The maze-like swamp and the path in the area can be annoying. Starting from outside Canifis (on the outer side of the swamp moat, east of the bank), enlarge your minimap, then click the area immediately west of the hut with the Agility icon (you should see two Hunter icons), then click the south-eastern Hunter icon. Then, click the spot directly south of that icon, across the swamp lake - your character will need to take a long automatic detour to the southwest. When you get there, you can click on the graveyard on the minimap. Once you arrive at the graveyard, prepare yourself for combat and pour the blood on the tomb to summon Dessous.
- Dessous is a level 84 enemy with 25,000 life points. He can attack with melee, ranged or magic.
- He can teleport next to you if you try to run from him. If you go too far he will disappear and you will need to fill the pot with blood, garlic and spice again.
- Dessous is weak against air spells, and can be defeated quickly if you are using them to fight him. You may also use melee, ranged or a dwarf multicannon to kill Dessous, but they may require more resources than using magic. If he's too strong for you, you can always teleport out and come back to try again, but you will need to fill the pot with the three ingredients again.
- If you use protection prayers against Dessous' attacks, he will change his style of attack.
- If Dessous revives with full health when you kill him, it means that the sacrificial pot hasn't been blessed by the High Priest on Entrana. You must get it blessed before fighting him again.
After the fight, go back to Malak and give him the blessed pot for the blood diamond. Make sure to bank the blood diamond immediately in the Canifis bank to prevent the stranger from appearing and attacking you.
The ice diamond[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: 4 or more regular or super restore potions, a few prayer potions (depending on your combat level), lots of good food or Saradomin brews if using super restore potions, runes for casting your best fire spell (using magic is highly recommended), an emergency teleportation method, and the Surefooted/Greater Surefooted aura.
This is by far the hardest part of the quest. The icy area in this part of the quest reduces every stat level by 1 every few seconds, while also dealing 200 life points of damage; adrenaline and run energy are also periodically reduced by 10% (making Rejuvenate impossible to use). You will not be able to run unless you use the surefooted aura, or have bathed in the salt-water spring in Oo'glog beforehand. Using the Surge ability also considerably reduces time spent in the cold. Bringing a familiar will make Kamil lose interest in you, and he'll stop fighting and walk away, before reappearing with full health.
Under these conditions, you will have to kill 5 level 89 enemies, withstand attacks from aggressive, high-level wolves, have a boss fight, and risk repeatedly falling on an ice path. However, you can make multiple trips if necessary.
Braving the snow[edit | edit source]
Travel to Trollheim. From there, head up the north-western-most of the forks north of Trollheim, and onto a path leading towards the Ice Path. At the end of this path, you'll find an ice gate and a troll child crying beside it.
Talk to the child and give him a cake. He calms down and tells you that his parents have been captured and frozen by a 'bad man' because they 'stole' his diamond, even though they had only merely found it lying around. Promise the kid that you'll save his parents, but that you'll need the diamond in return.
After he agrees, enter the ice gate and you'll notice a cave to the south-east, blocked by ice. To access the cave, you must remove five chunks of ice. This can be done by killing the ice trolls nearby, and can be verified by the message: "A chunk of ice falls away from the cave entrance..." in your chat box.
Fire spells do considerably high damage to the ice trolls, and is thus recommended to use. As your stats are constantly falling in this environment, you must drink restore potions when your magic falls below the required level. It is also advised to Protect from Melee against the trolls.
Once you have killed five trolls, the cave at the back will be unblocked. Continue through the cave. If required, leave to restore your stats or restock on items.
The area through the cave has level 95 wolves, so Protect from Melee is highly recommended. The path is long and winding, so running when you can is highly advised, as it will save time and prevent you from dying or temporarily losing many levels.
Kamil, warrior of the cold[edit | edit source]
At the end of the path, you'll face against Kamil , who is level 84 and has 21,000 life points. He is a lot more deadly than his combat level suggests due to his special attack, which has an effect similar to Ice Barrage.
- Even if you have a high combat level, it is critical to bring lots of food and potions. It is also advised to switch on auto-retaliate and pray Protect from Melee when fighting Kamil.
- It is highly recommended to use magic against him, but you may also use other combat styles, albeit with less effective results. Only fire spells affect Kamil, and all other spells do splash damage on him.
- Even when using magic, he has a very high evasion. Make sure to have a high accuracy (1500+) or you will barely hit him at all.
- Dwarf multicannon can be used against him, but is rather inaccurate.
- Through the first half of the fight, he freezes you frequently, which will also stun you. Make use of both Freedom and Anticipation as necessary, as being stunned while at low health can prove fatal.
- When fighting, make sure to stand next to him so that he attacks with melee more often than ice magic. If not, then Kamil will consistently cast his freezing spell up to several times per minute, dealing 50 damage with every hit and repeatedly stunning you. Even if you're capable of sustaining all of the damage, you will only have a few chances every minute to be able to attack him or heal unless you use Freedom to clear the stun.
After Kamil has been defeated, turn off all prayers and use food sparingly — there will be no more fighting for this diamond, so you will only have to worry about the constant 200 life point damage from the cold and the potential 200 life point damage from falling on the upcoming ice path. You may also use the super restore potion and two chocolate cakes that he drops to get yourself back up.
Thawing the thieves[edit | edit source]
If you are low on health, talking to the frozen trolls and leaving the menu open can temporarily stop the auto-damage and allow you to heal. Also, you may teleport out and heal after you've defeated Kamil; you will not have to fight him again.
Once Kamil is dead, follow the winding Ice Path around a small mountain. At the end of the path is an icy ledge; put on your spiked boots and start climbing up the ledge. You may frequently fall and take 200 damage. Super restore potions may help here, since higher Agility seems to decrease the fall frequency. However, with the surefooted aura you can run the whole course fall-free.
Follow the path all the way to the top until you see another gate and a bridge. On the other side, the troll child's parents are encased in ice. Run across the bridge and smash the ice encasings (1,000 health each) to release the troll mother and troll father.
After freeing the troll parents, they will take you back outside the gate and their son will give you the ice diamond. Teleport out and quickly bank the diamond. Be sure to restore any fallen stats to regular levels before continuing the quest.
The smoke diamond[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: Runes for casting your best water spell (using magic is highly recommended) or ice arrows if using ranged, run-energy restoration methods (3+ super energy potions, explorer's ring 3/4, a spirit terrorbird, or the salt-water spring in Oo'glog), weight-reducing gear like spottier cape and boots of lightness, runes for teleport to house or a modified house teleport tablet if your house is in Pollnivneach, coins for carpet rides a slayer ring or alternatively at 99 Slayer a Slayer cape.
Lights, heat, fire![edit | edit source]
Head to Pollnivneach any way you like and go around the hill from the south side until you reach a well, the entrance to the Smoke Dungeon. Make sure you have a facemask, or some similar kind of face protection, equipped and climb down into the well (if you do not wear any protective headgear in the dungeon, you will be inflicted with 200 life point damage every 12 seconds until you are down to 10 life points).
Note: If you have completed Smoking Kills, it is recommended to enter from the well that is inside Pollnivneach, and you will end up right next to a torch, allowing you to get to the chest quicker after lighting the torches.
At the centre of the dungeon is a large cavern that houses a chest, which when attempted to open, says "Light the path to claim the key." In each of the four corners of the dungeon are torches that you need to light to open the chest. However, each torch will only light up for 5 minutes before burning out. Plan your route through the dungeon first, and then run and light all the torches, sipping energy potions or using a spirit terrorbird to restore run-energy. If you have access to the salt-water spring at Oo'glog (after As a First Resort quest), it is strongly recommended to make use of it as you will be doing a lot of running during this part. You do not need any equipment yet, as you have a chance to restock before facing Fareed.
When all four torches are lit, run to the centre of the dungeon and open the burnt chest to obtain a warm key, using the ice gloves. If you walk, the first lamp will burn out by the time you reach the chest. Once you have the key, restock and go back to fight Fareed.
Fareed, guardian of the smoke[edit | edit source]
With the warm key, stroll to the east part of the dungeon and use it on the gate to awaken Fareed.
Fareed is level 84 and has 20,000 life points. If you die after entering Fareed's lair, you will lose your key, although if Fareed kills you or you leave the fight via the gate, you do not need to relight the torches or obtain another key.
- Ice gloves are needed to wield a weapon against Fareed; however, off-hand weapons can be used against Fareed.
- Fareed is weak to water spells and immune to other elemental magic. Although normal arrows shot at him turn into ashes, you can still use ranged abilities.
- It is possible to kill Fareed without using ice gloves. You can do this by equipping an off-hand magic weapon, such as a magic book or orb, and only casting spells against him. This is recommended to be performed in Legacy mode as you cannot use offensive abilities without a main-hand weapon; moreover, auto-attack damage is greatly boosted while in Legacy mode. However, you can still use abilities like Reflect against him in EoC mode. Dwarf multicannon can be used against him as well.
- Pray Protect from Melee when fighting.
Once you have killed Fareed, the smoke diamond will automatically appear in your inventory or be dropped on the ground. Teleport out and bank the diamond.
The shadow diamond[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: A few antipoisons (preferably super or better; an antipoison-totem will not prevent you from being poisoned by the chest). Do not bring any Saradomin or Zamorak aligned items, as it will make it very difficult to pick-lock the chest. Bandit camp teleports may be helpful.
Ring of visibility[edit | edit source]
Travel west of the Fishing Guild to where there are several moss giants - just to the north of them, there is a fenced-in area near Baxtorian Falls, where you'll find Rasolo. Talk to him about a diamond and he will tell you about the location of the shadow diamond - in a dungeon which can only be accessed by the use of a ring of visibility, and protected by a guardian named Damis.
Boosts will not work for this part; if you do not have at least level 53 Thieving, you will receive the same failure message over and over.
Take some food, antipoisons and as many lockpicks or hair clips as you can carry, to the Bandit Camp. In the southern-most tent is a secure chest; there are three locks which you must get through, any of which will reset the lock on a failed attempt. Click the confirmation and you will start picklocking the chest. Repeat until you manage to open it and get a gilded cross.
- You may pickpocket nearby bandits for obtaining more lockpicks and antipoisons. This cannot be done if you are wearing anything aligned to Saradomin or Zamorak, as this will make them aggressive and prevent you from pickpocketing them.
- Each failure will break a lockpick and deal 20-30 life points of damage. The hitsplat is always green, but you may not be poisoned each time; if you do get poisoned, you will be dealt with about 120-250 poison damage every few seconds.
- To save trips, you can also bring noted lockpicks. When the unnoted ones are used up, sell the noted ones to the general store and re-buy them un-noted.
Once you have the gilded cross, return to Rasolo and exchange it for the ring of visibility. If you lose the ring, Rasolo can provide you with more.
Wear the ring and head a bit east to discover a ladder in the fenced picnic area. This is the entrance to the Shadow Dungeon.
Damis, lord of the shadow[edit | edit source]
If you take off your ring of visibility at any time while in the cave, you will have to leave the cave and re-enter to fight Damis.
Climb down the ladder and follow the directions shown by the shaded, yellow region in the map above to reach Damis' lair. When you reach the centre of the large, eastern-most cavern, Damis will appear. Note that it seems that he only appears if you approach the centre from the south-western entrance. If you enter from the south-west, but then run up the edge of the chamber without going to the centre, then going to the centre may not summon him. You must go back to the south-west entrance and go straight to the centre.
Damis is a level 84 enemy with 20,000 life points, and only uses melee to attack you.
- He has two forms, both of which have the same combat level and life points - his first form is a basic fight against a melee combatant, whereas his second form will drain 20 Prayer points every 0.6 seconds while in combat. If you die after defeating his first form, you will only need to fight the second form when you come back.
- The black area in the north-eastern corner contains safespots, primarily a stalagmite at the end of the path. If safespotting there, Damis might disappear into the shadows and you will have to leave and come back to the dungeon to fight him, or alternatively, you can log into another world to make him re-appear.
- If you're fighting him in the open, avoid using multi-target abilities like Chain, as it will provoke the giant skeletons and shadow hounds in the area. A dwarf multicannon can be be used against him, but it is inadvisable for the same reason, and the safespot area is too small for the cannon.
- Earth spells are most effective against Damis - use your best earth spell coupled with frequent use of stunning abilities such as Impact. It is recommended to use the safespot to prevent Damis from burning your Prayer points at melee range.
- Due to his prayer drain ability and high defence in his second form, meleeing Damis is not recommended, unless you are utilising the safespot to use a halberd against him.
Once Damis is defeated, pick up the shadow diamond, teleport out and bank the diamond.
Jaldraocht Pyramid[edit | edit source]
Items recommended: Weight-reducing equipment, explorer's ring 3 or 4, a few prayer potions, super antipoison (or some strange fruits), 4+ super energy potions, or a dip in the Oo'glog salt-water spring, or surefooted/greater surefooted aura and emergency teleports for lower levelled players.
Iftah Ya Simsim[edit | edit source]
Return to Eblis at the Bandit Camp lodestone with the four diamonds in your inventory. He explains that the Zamorakian and Saradominist siphoned Azzanadra's life force and stored it in these diamonds, holding him in the stone structure to the south. By placing the diamonds in the pillars surrounding this structure, you can release the concealment spells and proceed to free Azzanadra.
Go to the Jaldraocht Pyramid south-east of Eblis, and place a diamond in each of the four obelisks at the pyramid corners; each obelisk can absorb only a specific diamond. You should be able to determine the diamond from the appearance of the obelisk, but trial-and-error works too.
When all four obelisks are activated, the concealment spell breaks and the pyramid doors will unlock. Climb up the stairs and enter the pyramid.
Tomb raider[edit | edit source]
The pyramid houses a lot of dangerous monsters, such as the level 86 scarab swarms occasionally boiling out of the floor, and level 77 mummies roaming about and spontaneously popping out of sarcophagi. All monsters use melee and the scarab swarms can also poison you. The room containing the altar on level 4, however, is safe.
- Every time a scarab swarm appears or a mummy pops out of a sarcophagus, you will automatically stop and will not be able to move until the animation has finished. It is possible to avoid a scarab swarm by making sure it is behind a mummy.
- There are randomly activated traps that will send you back to the entrance of the pyramid if you stand still for too long, hence it is recommended to avoid stopping. If you do get caught by a trap, you will be taken outside to the south side of the pyramid but with no damage inflicted. Wearing armour that reduces weight will help prevent the traps from going off, and even allow you to complete the pyramid in a single run.
- It is useful to eat strange fruits while inside the pyramid, due to the fact that it recovers 60% run energy and cures any kind of poison you may have gotten while inside the pyramid.
The levels in the pyramid are numbered in the order that you encounter them in the quest. The shaded gray path marks the route.
- Enter the pyramid from its top. The southern entrance to level 4 can only be used after the quest has been completed.
- Level 1
- Run from the entrance ladder to the level 2 ladder. This level is the smallest in the area, with the fewest mummies. If possible, flash your prayer and save your run energy.
- Level 2
- Run from the level 2 ladder to the level 3 ladder. This level has a few more mummies roaming about and also contains traps. Be sure to look out for them.
- Level 3
- Run from the level 3 ladder to the level 4 ladder. This level is fairly large in area, presenting more of a challenge to players traversing it. A significant number of mummies are roaming about, and there is a vast amount of traps.
- Level 4
- Run from the level 3 ladder to the altar room. This level is quite large in area, with a lot of mummies roaming about everywhere except in the altar room, which is separated by a door.
- It is possible for a scarab swarm to appear inside the altar room, but this only happens if it was coming up as you were entering the room. If this is the case, simply kill it or trap it between the door and an obstacle in the room.
Azzanadra[edit | edit source]
If Azzanadra is not present in the room, use the altar and he should appear.
Speak to Azzanadra, who has lost track of time and believes that the God Wars are still going on, enquiring about the fate of the ancient civilisations like Paddewwa, Lassar and Annakarl. He is also surprised to notice that he cannot hear Zaros in his mind any more.
Finally coming to peace with reality, he rewards you with the Ancient Magicks of Zaros, as gratitude for releasing him.
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 3 quest points
- 20,000 experience
- Ability to use Ancient Magicks. You can now also pray either at the pyramid altar or the elven grimoire in Prifddinas (after completing Plague's End) and change between the standard and Ancient Magicks spellbooks. You can also enter the altar room by accessing the back-door of the pyramid. Be warned that changing spellbooks at the altar will drain your prayer to 0.
- Ring of visibility (can be re-obtained from Rasolo for free)
- Access to the Smoke Dungeon via the well entrance.
- Access to the Zarosian gravestone (also requires The Giant Dwarf).
- The Bandit Camp lodestone is now automatically unlocked upon completion.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
- Music unlocked
- Bone Dry (Smoke Dungeon)
- Frostbite (Ice Path)
- Path of Peril (Shadow Dungeon)
- Sarcophagus (level 4 of the Jaldraocht Pyramid)
- Scarab (inside the Jaldraocht Pyramid)
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Desert Treasure ( 0) – Complete this Master quest.
- Buying Up Ancient Artefacts ( 10) – Buy an ancient staff after the 'Desert Treasure' quest.
- Varrock achievements
- Morytania achievements
- Desert achievements
- Hard - Ice-Cold Killer ( 15) – Freeze an enemy in the desert using Ice Burst.
- Staff on Stryke ( 25) – Kill a Desert strykewyrm wearing a full slayer helmet and wielding an ancient staff.
- A, B, Cithara ( 25) – Play the Holy Cithara while standing in the Citharede Abbey.
- Sun Shade ( 25) – Plant the dominion marker in the desert, with all its achievements complete, including killing Sunfreet.
- Damis, Fareed, Kamil and Dessous need to be killed in the Dominion Tower.
- Tirannwn achievements
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Desert Treasure is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- Do No Evil
- Hopespear's Will
- Recipe for Disaster
- Recipe for Disaster: Defeating the Culinaromancer
- The Curse of Zaros
- The Temple at Senntisten
- Wandering Ga'al
- 'Phite Club
- Children of Mah
- Full completion of Curse of the Black Stone
- Desperate Measures
- Full completion of Desperate Times
- Dishonour among Thieves
- Fate of the Gods
- Full completion of Heart of Stone
- Kindred Spirits
- Koschei's Troubles
- Mahjarrat Memories
- Full completion of Missing, Presumed Death
- Full completion of Nadir
- Nomad's Elegy
- One of a Kind
- Our Man in the North
- Rebuilding Edgeville
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- Sins of the Father
- Sliske's Endgame
- Tales of Nomad
- The General's Shadow
- The Light Within
- The Mighty Fall
- Full completion of The World Wakes
You need to obtain a ring of visibility for:
- Hopespear's Will
- The General's Shadow
- Obtaining the Holy Cithara
- Finding the ghost penguin in Penguin Hide and Seek (after Some Like It Cold)
- Finding TzHaar-Ga'al-Kot
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 2 March 2020 (Update):
- Player is now informed that mummies can only be harmed by fire when attacking them at the end of Desert Treasure.
- patch 4 March 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where accepting the quest skipped a couple of initial quest states.
- patch 9 May 2016 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where Fareed could spawn more than once during the Desert Treasure quest.
- ninja 14 September 2015 (Update):
- The following quest fights have been rebalanced:
- Desert Treasure:
- Dessous now has 25,000 life points (up from 3,000).
- Dessous now has a max hit of 864 (up from 240).
- Dessous will now occasionally use his ranged attack in his standard attack rotation.
- Kamil now has 21,000 life points (up from 3,150).
- Kamil now has a max hit of 907 (up from 252).
- Kamil now has a cooldown on his ice attack, and Freedom may now be used to escape.
- Damis (both forms) now has 20,000 life points (up from 3,100).
- Damis (both forms) now has a max hit of 892 (up from 248).
- Fareed now has 20,000 life points (up from 3,000).
- Fareed now has a max hit of 864 (up from 240).
- Desert Treasure:
- The following quest fights have been rebalanced:
- patch 15 June 2015 (Update):
- Corrected Rasalo's chat in Desert Treasure that still referred to the Shadow diamond as the Rock diamond.
- patch 20 March 2012 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name Eblis is derived from the Arabic word Iblīs "إبليس", which is the name of the major Satan (Devil, Shaitan or Setan) شيطان in Islam.
- 'Asgarnia Smith' is a reference to Indiana Jones, as both are archaeologists, and both have a first name after a location, and a common last name.
- This quest was originally divided into four parts, with each one involving a single crystal as a separate quest.
References[edit | edit source]
|Mysteries of the Mahjarrat|
|Rise of Lucien|
|Return of Zaros|
|Lores and Histories|