Alaea crablets can only be found on Uncharted Isles in the Arc region in groups of 5 crablets. Despite being a creature, the crystal deposit on the crablet's back acts as a mining resource, requiring level 97 Mining to be harvested. Mining the crablets produces alaea sea salt, sought after as an ingredient in shark soup. Salts may be sold to Salty Goods in the Waiko market for 5 chimes each.
When a player begins mining a crablet, it becomes a "Relaxed alaea crablet" and ceases movement until the deposit on its back has been depleted, indicated by a yellow bar. The crablet will remain relaxed until the player has mined a total of 40 alaea sea salt. After the bar has expired, the crablet will be depleted and the player will no longer be able to mine from it. If the player logs out or switches worlds, relaxed crablets will resume movement and will retain their resource depletion progress.
At level 99 Mining without boosts, a player can expect approximately 240,000 Mining experience per hour. Players can get up to 500,000 Mining experience per hour using the following items and boosts: legendary quarrymaster aura, crystal skillchompas, a level 20 Augmented Pickaxe of Earth and Song with Honed 6 and Furnace 4 perks, decorated mining urns with an urn enhancer, magic golem outfit while owning the golden mining suit, superior rock-crushing scrimshaw, arc contracts, ring of whispers, gargoyle (familiar), Tagga's corehammer, and supreme overload potions.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 1 July 2019 (Update):
- The Mining skillcape perk will no longer affect Arc crablets.
- patch 18 February 2019 (Update):
- Mining crablets no longer depletes stamina, so they can be mined AFK as before. Their hitpoints have been lowered so that a crablet is typically mined in a little under 5 minutes. The XP from mining crablets has been reduced to 300,000 Mining experience an hour to compensate.
- patch 5 September 2016 (Update):
- The golem outfit and quarrymaster aura now work correctly work with crablets.
Concept art for the crablets found on uncharted isles.
- Alaea crablets spawn around a pile of dead fish on Uncharted Isles. The "Dead fish" marks the minimap with a icon.
- Alaea crablets show up on the minimap as yellow dots. After they have been depleted, they disappear from the minimap.
- Relogging into the game after an alaea crablet has been depleted, but before the day resets makes it disappear.