Prifddinas gem rocks are rocks containing gems, found within the Trahaern district in Prifddinas. They can be mined by players with a Mining level of 75 or higher.
The gem rocks in Prifddinas previously gave a chance to receive an uncut onyx when mined. However, a hotfix update on 11 March 2019 removed onyxes from the rock's drop table due to the large number of onyxes entering the game via these rocks. As a result of this change, Rare gem rocks give more experience and money despite having slightly higher durability and requiring a lower mining level.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- hotfix 11 March 2019 (Update):
- Uncut Onyxes are no longer obtainable from mining Prifddinas Gem Rocks.
- 18 February 2019:
- Trahaearn gem rock now drops sapphires less often.
- hotfix 12 February 2019:
- Onyxes are now around 4 times rarer from Prifddinas gem rocks.
- patch 11 February 2019 (Update):
- The hitpoints of gem rocks have been reduced from 10,000 to 1,150.
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- Prospecting a Trahaearn gem rock now correctly shows a level requirement of 75 instead of 20.
- Prior to the Mining and Smithing rework, Trahaearn gem rocks existed as generic gem rocks.
- Prior to the rework, these gem rocks also gave spirit gems.
- Out of the 5 types of gem rocks that may yield uncut emeralds, this is the only type that has emeralds visibly encrusted on the surface.
- ^ a b Shaunyowns. Hotfix - Gem Rocks & Uncut Onyxes. 11 March 2019. (Archived from the original on 11 March 2019.) "Today, we released a hotfix to remove the ability to mine Uncut Onyxes from Gem Rocks. The reason for this that the amount of Onyxes in-game has increased by almost double since the Mining and Smithing rework and that it was an unsustainable amount of Onyxes being produced from Mining."
- ^ Jagex. RuneScape's Twitter account. 12 Feb 2019. (Archived from the original on 12 Feb 2019.) RuneScape: "Onyx are now around 4 times rarer from Prifddinas gem rocks, as they appeared to be coming into game a bit too often."