Juju mining potion
|Juju mining potion (1)|
|Release||24 November 2010 (Update)|
|Exchange||857 coins (info)|
|1 dose of juju mining potion.|
|FAQ • doc|
A juju mining potion is a reward from the Herblore Habitat activity. It requires level 74 Herblore to make (as well as level 80 Farming and level 80 Hunter). Making this potion grants 168 Herblore experience and requires a clean samaden and a draconic vine.
Each dose of potion lasts for six minutes. When a dose is consumed, each ore-receiving swing has a 10% chance to gain a bottled stone spirit of the type of ore mined. In practice, this means that while using a juju mining potion the player generates 10% more ore per hour if they do not already have a stack of stone spirits. This only applies to core rocks.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|Samaden potion (unf)||1||41,570||41,570|
Price per dose[edit | edit source]
|Item||GE price||Price per dose|
|Juju mining potion (1)||857||857|
|Juju mining potion (2)||3,279||1,640|
|Juju mining potion (3)||56,169||18,723|
|Juju mining potion (4)||76,378||19,095|
|Juju mining flask (6)||68,189||11,365|
Flask[edit | edit source]
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
To make Juju mining potions without fully understanding all of the complexities of Herblore Habitat, follow this guide.
The goal is to obtain Samaden seeds and Draconic vines for the potion. Draconic vines are only dropped by Draconic Jadinkos. For catching Draconic jadinkos you need Juju hunter potions. You have to make some Juju hunter potions first. Here you can find how to make a Juju hunter potion.
- Bring a hatchet and around 1,000 coins to Herblore Habitat.
- From Papa Mambo located in the northern section of the area, purchase some juju vials, a Red blossom seed and 3-4 Marasamaw plant traps. If your tool leprechaun or tool belt does not have a seed dibber and a spade, purchase these as well.
- Plant the Red blossom seed in the flower patch located in the centre section of the area. This will cause common jadinkos to spawn in the northern area.
- Trap common jadinkos with the Marasamaw plant traps until you have obtained Samaden seeds and Lergberry seeds. As these drops are random you may have to trap more than 500 of them, be prepared.
- Once obtained, plant the Samaden seed in the herb patch (a second herb patch is available to the east by crossing the large vine hanging over the water), the Lergberry seed in the bush patch, and construct a Dark pit in the construction spot. Adding some Juju hunter potion to the red vine flower will cause Draconic jadinkos to spawn in the northern area of the activity area. Trap these with your Marasamaw plant traps. Each one captured will give the player a Draconic vine. After about 10 minutes you get a message that your hunter potion is about to wear off. Add some Juju hunter potion to the red vine flower to catch Draconic jadinkos for another 10 minutes.
The Samaden herbs will grow in the normal amount of herb growth time (~80 minutes). The camps are accessed by climbing over a large vine that separates them from each other.
- Pick the Samaden weeds and use the cleaned Samaden weeds on a Juju vial of water. Add the Draconic vine to this mixture.
Spirits obtained[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High alch value|
|Copper stone spirit||1||1/10[d 1]||39||Not alchemisable|
|Tin stone spirit||1||1/10[d 1]||39||Not alchemisable|
|Iron stone spirit||1||1/10[d 1]||31||Not alchemisable|
|Coal stone spirit||1||1/10[d 1]||22||Not alchemisable|
|Silver stone spirit||1||1/10[d 1]||35||Not alchemisable|
|Mithril stone spirit||1||1/10[d 1]||26||Not alchemisable|
|Adamantite stone spirit||1||1/10[d 1]||44||Not alchemisable|
|Luminite stone spirit||1||1/10[d 1]||668||Not alchemisable|
|Gold stone spirit||1||1/10[d 1]||174||Not alchemisable|
|Runite stone spirit||1||1/10[d 1]||785||Not alchemisable|
|Orichalcite stone spirit (m)||1||1/10[d 1]||1,119||Not alchemisable|
|Drakolith stone spirit (m)||1||1/10[d 1]||1,394||Not alchemisable|
|Necrite stone spirit (m)||1||1/10[d 1]||525||Not alchemisable|
|Phasmatite stone spirit (m)||1||1/10[d 1]||571||Not alchemisable|
|Banite stone spirit (m)||1||1/10[d 1]||2,441||Not alchemisable|
|Light animica stone spirit (m)||1||1/10[d 1]||6,312||Not alchemisable|
|Dark animica stone spirit (m)||1||1/10[d 1]||3,977||Not alchemisable|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- The description of juju mining potion and perfect juju mining potion reflected an outdated design, and they have been updated to correctly match their current effect.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When Divination was released, on 20 August 2013, the effect of a juju mining potion was changed from banking the ores to giving additional experience and automatically smelting mined ores, due to the Divination item Signs of the Porter having the same effect as the old potion. This was reverted back to its original effect on 10 November 2014 with the release of the second batch of Prifddinas, and the smelting effect was added to the perfect juju mining potion instead. Both potions retained the +10% XP boost however.
- When the Mining and Smithing rework released on 7 January 2019, the effect of a juju mining potion was changed from a 10% chance to summon a stone spirit which would automatically bank your ores for 30 seconds, a chance to find an additional ore, and 10% bonus experience.
- Like all other juju potions, this potion was made tradeable in an update on 10 November 2014.
|Perfect juju potions|
|Witchdoctor camouflage gear|