Mining[edit | edit source]
A geode is a rare item obtained sometimes when Mining which contains gems or other items. Mining geodes were released with the Mining and Smithing rework and replaced the chance of randomly obtaining a gem while mining. They are stackable with the same type of geode, bankable, and untradeable. By default a player has a 5% chance to get a geode each time they get a piece of ore when mining. Levelling benefits can increase this for core rocks, the base chance of 5% will be used for non-core rocks. The type of geode you get is based on the level requirement of the rock, for example regular coal yields sedimentary geodes, whilst concentrated coal yields igneous geodes due to their higher level requirement to mine them.
When an igneous geode is obtained, there is a base 1% chance that a metamorphic geode is obtained instead.
|Rock||Geode Type||Geode Chance|
|Concentrated Coal||Igneous||70||23[c 1]||-|
|Light animica; Dark animica||Igneous||90||93||-|
- ^ Concentrated coal deposits benefit from the same levelling benefits as regular coal rocks.
Geode chance modifiers[edit | edit source]
|Amulet of glory (c)||+1%|
|Luck enhancing items||+0.5/1/1.5/2% upgrade|
Sedimentary geodes[edit | edit source]
Igneous geodes[edit | edit source]
Metamorphic geodes[edit | edit source]
Woodcutting[edit | edit source]
Crystal geodes are gem encrusted rocks that can be found while cutting crystal trees, or when cutting trees or Ivy in Prifddinas when the Voice of Seren is active in the Crwys area, or from the Motherlode Maw.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- When mining you have a chance to gain geodes. Regular geodes contain gems, and metamorphic geodes always contain rare prizes.
- The collector's insignia now increases geode chance and increases the chance for double ore when mining sandstone.
- Luck enhancers (ring of wealth, etc) now increase the chance for geodes to upgrade to metamorphic geodes.