Salty crablets can only be found on Uncharted Isles in the Arc region in groups of 6 crablets. Despite being a creature, the crystal deposit on the crablets back acts as a mining resource. Mining the deposit requires level 90 Mining, and yields sea salt, sought after as an ingredient in arc gumbo. The sea salt may also be sold for 4 chimes each to Yin Yan at the Salty Goods shop in the Waiko market.
When a player begins mining a crablet, it becomes "relaxed" and ceases movement until the deposit on its back has been depleted, indicated by a timer. A crablet will remain relaxed until 34 sea salt has been obtained. These crablets will replenish their deposits when relogging or hopping worlds.
Players have a chance to harvest salt from the crablet's back on average every four swings (less with critical swings). At level 99 Mining a player can expect approximately 80,000-90,000 Mining experience and around 350 sea salt per hour.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- Mining Salty crablets for Sea salt will now correctly update the quick chat value.
- patch 1 July 2019 (Update):
- The Mining skillcape perk will no longer affect Arc crablets.
- patch 18 February 2019 (Update):
- Mining crablets no longer depletes stamina, so they can be mined AFK as before. Their hitpoints have been lowered so that a crablet is typically mined in a little under 5 minutes. The XP from mining crablets has been reduced to compensate.
- patch 5 September 2016 (Update):
- The golem outfit and quarrymaster aura now work correctly work with crablets.
- patch 15 August 2016 (Update):
- Spam-clicking on salty crablets no longer causes them to deplete too quickly.
- When depleting a salty crablet of its sea salt, a filterable message says "You have removed all the salt crystals from this crablet."