|Release||25 July 2016 (Update)|
|• A crab, native to the Wushanko Isles. It is covered in salt crystals.|
• A stunned crab, native to the Wushanko Isles. It is covered in salt crystals.
|talk • view|
Salty crablets can only be found on Uncharted Isles in the Arc region in groups of 6 crablets. Despite being a creature, the crystal deposit on the crablets back acts as a mining resource. Mining the deposit requires level 90 Mining, and yields sea salt, sought after as an ingredient in arc gumbo. The salts may also be sold to Salty Goods in the Waiko market for 4 chimes each.
When a player begins mining a crablet, it becomes "relaxed" and ceases movement until the deposit on its back has been depleted, indicated by a timer. A crablet will remain relaxed until 34 Sea salt has been obtained. These crablets will replenish and respawn when logging out or switching worlds.
Every three game ticks the player has a chance to harvest salt from the crablet's back. At level 99 Mining a player can expect approximately 200,000 Mining experience and 390 sea salt per hour.
|Sea salt (m)||1||Always||0||Not alchemisable|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- Mining Salty crablets for Sea salt will now correctly update the quick chat value.
- patch 1 July 2019 (Update):.
- The Mining skillcape perk will no longer affect Arc crablets.
- patch 18 February 2019 (Update):
- Mining crablets no longer depletes stamina, so they can be mined AFK as before. Their hitpoints have been lowered so that a crablet is typically mined in a little under 5 minutes. The XP from mining crablets has been reduced to compensate.
- patch 5 September 2016 (Update):
- The golem outfit and quarrymaster aura now work correctly work with crablets.
- patch 15 August 2016 (Update):
- Spam-clicking on salty crablets no longer causes them to deplete too quickly.
- When depleting a salty crablet of its sea salt, a filterable message says "You have removed all the salt crystals from this crablet."