Golden mining suit
|Golden mining suit|
|Release||16 May 2011 (Update)|
|Head||Golden mining helmet|
|Body||Golden mining top|
|Legs||Golden mining trousers|
|Hands||Golden mining gloves|
|Feet||Golden mining boots|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Golden mining suit is an experience-boosting set obtained from the Liquid Gold Nymph, located in the Lava Flow Mine. You must have completed the quest King of the Dwarves to mine in the lava flow mine. It provides a small boost to experience received when mining - a total of 6% when the full set is equipped.
If the player has worn Varrock armour, the effects of it will stack with the bonus of the mining suit as long as the player has all of the suit equipped. As such, the player will gain 6% more experience as well as a chance to receive an extra ore. Either the mining top, Magic golem outfit or Varrock armour can be worn to get these benefits. In other words, bonus experience still stacks up even if the set is in the bank. However, if replacing the golden top with the Varrock armour, you will not gain the set bonus and thus gain 5% more experience instead of 6%.
If a full set is owned and stored in bank or Armour case of a POH while a complete Magic golem outfit is worn, the bonus will be in effect.
The suit can be stored in the armour case of the player-owned house.
Parts[edit | edit source]
The full set consists of the Golden mining helmet, Golden mining top, Golden mining trousers, Golden mining gloves and Golden mining boots. Wearing this set gives a 6% boost to any Mining experience the player gains. The Liquid Gold Nymph spawns each time the player fills their mining progress bar and the parts are received in the order shown below, from top to bottom. After the Golden mining top is received, the Liquid Gold Nymph will either offer the player some Mining experience or gild a pickaxe in the player's inventory. Use the pickaxe that you wish to gild on the Nymph to gild your pickaxe.
|Golden mining boots||1%|
|Golden mining gloves||1%|
|Golden mining helmet||1%|
|Golden mining trousers||1%|
|Golden mining top||1%|
|Note that this table shows the parts in their given order.|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 16 November 2020 (Update):
- The Golden Mining Suit will now correctly apply its doubled ore chance effect.
- ninja 18 June 2018 (Update):
- Destroying a piece of golden mining outfit will now offer the option to destroy the rest of the outfit similar to other skilling outfits.
- hotfix 14 February 2018:
- Players can no longer claim golden mining outfit pieces from Diango without previously owning them.
- patch 12 February 2018 (Update):
- patch 23 June 2014 (Update):
- The gold mining outfit can now be correctly protected on death outside of the Wilderness.
- patch 11 December 2013 (Update):
- Varrock armour will now give the correct amount of bonus XP while wearing the golden mining suit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The concept art of the golden mining suit appears to have spurs, while the suit in the game does not.
- The golden mining suit resembles the gear used by Spanish conquistadores, which may be a reference to their famous lust for gold.
- The bonus from the golden mining suit applies whilst skilling in the clan citadel.
- Upon death in the Wilderness, the golden mining suit will always be lost.
- The whole mining suit weighs 48 kg (around 106 pounds), which is reasonable as gold has a high density in real life.
- The suit received, as with all the other experience-boosting sets existing at that point, an increase to the boost it provided, from 2.5% to 5%. This update occurred on 26 September 2012, but went official on 28 September alongside the 4 new experience-boosting sets. As the suit consists of five parts, the boost has since been increased to 6%.
- Multiple pieces used to be obtainable from the Liquid Gold Nymph using the drop trick. This is no longer the case, as now attempting to drop a piece of the outfit only brings up the interface to destroy the item.