Drakolith is a resource that can be obtained through mining drakolith rocks, requiring level 60 Mining, in various places around RuneScape.
Drakolith is required to craft orikalkum bars. As players increase their Mining level and use higher tier pickaxes, they are able to mine drakolith at quicker rates.
Drakolith, like other mining resources, can be stored in an ore box. 100 drakolith can be stored in a orikalkum ore box or higher. This capacity can be increased by 20 at level 66 Mining and a further 20 with the completion of the Everything Is Oresome achievement.
During the Second Age, dragons saw deliberate use in warfare under the control of Zarosian ilujanka. This large-scale use of dragonfire ended up altering nearby rocks, a process that would eventually be noticed by dwarves. After the discovery of the mineral, which was given the name drakolith, the dwarves learned to produce something akin to dragonfire from it. While the resulting flames were colder than those produced by burning luminite, the rare material found some use as it was the only known way of smelting orichalcite. Orikalkum would not see much use, partially due to the scarcity of both the metal itself and the drakolith needed to work it, and partially due to the metal's red colour being considered an ill omen by the Saradominists who knew how to make it.
|Mining level|| 60||Critical hit chance|
|Stone spirit|| Drakolith||Rockertunity multiplier|
|Rock stats|| 68||-|
|Durability||1400||Double ore chance|
|Base ore||1||Geode chance|
|Varrock armour double chance||10%||15%|
|25.9 XP||-||4 (2.4s) / 0 (0s) [recipe 1]||4,286|
| Divination level||65|
| Members only|
- ^ When creating a single item
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 4 May 2021 (Update):
- New transmutations added to game with Divination skill updates.
- ^ Design - Both - Metals, written by Mod Jack, RuneScape. "During the Second Age, many Ilujanka had fought for the Zarosian empire during its incredible expansion. These small lizardmen were powerful warriors because of their ability to control and ride fire breathing dragons. The dwarves, always extremely attentive to mineralogical matters, noticed that the fire the dragons breathed would subtley alter any rock it blasted, seeming to trap the essence of the dragonfire within."
- ^ Design - Both - Metals, written by Mod Jack, RuneScape. "The dwarves learned to coax the fire back out of the stone. The resulting flame was less powerful than luminite, but unmistakably tinged with the essence of dragonfire. They called the material drakolith."
- ^ Design - Both - Metals, written by Mod Jack, RuneScape. "Despite being less hot than luminite, experiments showed that the drakolith flame was able to draw the metal forth from orichalcite ore (which did not react to being smelted in the astonishing heat of luminite)."
- ^ Design - Both - Metals, written by Mod Jack, RuneScape. "Two factors prevented its widespread distribution amongst the Saradominists: firstly, they only found vanishingly small quantities of both the orichalcite ore and the drakolith catalyst. Secondly, they considered the metal's deep red colour to be ill omened, preferring the bright blue of runite."