|Release||7 January 2019 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|A rare hollow rock with something inside.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Metamorphic geodes are occasionally received from members rocks: orichalcite, drakolith, necrite, phasmatite, concentrated coal, banite, light animica, and dark animica rocks. There is a 1% chance the player gets this type of geode instead of an igneous geode. The chance is increased up to 3% if the player is wearing a luck enhancer. The metamorphic geode always contains a random strange or golden rock the player has yet to earn, and another item from the possible rewards table below, with an equal chance of each.
Although a strange or golden rock is a guaranteed drop, there are some cases where a rock may not be rewarded, such as if the player already has all potential rocks in their bank or statue collection bag, or the player has toggled off the option to receive them.
Mechanics[edit | edit source]
When a metamorphic geode is opened, it yields one of the rewards below and is destroyed. The "open-all" option can be used by right-clicking the geode, and this automatically opens all types of geodes in the player's backpack, one every two ticks. Multiple geodes can be opened each tick by pressing the open option manually.
Possible rewards[edit | edit source]
100% drops[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Strange rock (m)||1||Always||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Golden rock (m)||1||Always||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
Main drops[edit | edit source]
The average monetary value of each metamorphic geode is estimated at 256,627 coins.
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE Price||High Alch|
|Starved ancient effigy (m)||1||1/14||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|First Age coin (m)||1||1/14||1,000,000||1,000,000|
|Anima crystal (m)||1||1/14||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Sealed clue scroll (elite) (m)||1||99/1400[d 1]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Sealed clue scroll (master) (m)||1||1/1400[d 1]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 1 (m)||1||1/14[d 2]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 2 (m)||1||1/14[d 2]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Crystal triskelion fragment 3 (m)||1||1/14[d 2]||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Banite stone spirit (m)||25–75||1/14||8,450-25,350||Not alchemisable|
|Light animica stone spirit (m)||10–30||1/14||11,860-35,580||Not alchemisable|
|Dark animica stone spirit (m)||10–30||1/14||11,180-33,540||Not alchemisable|
|Corrupted ore (m)||100–300||1/14||Not sold||Not alchemisable|
|Concentrated alloy bar (m)||1–10 (noted)||1/14||45,668-456,680||Not alchemisable|
|Enriched alloy bar (m)||1||1/14||230,895||Not alchemisable|
|Hydrix bolt tips (m)||25–50||1/14||301,550-603,100||150,000-300,000|
|Onyx dust (m)||5–15||9/140[d 3]||58,760-176,280||54,000-162,000|
|Uncut onyx (m)||1||1/140[d 3]||1,337,818||1,080,000|
|Dragon full helm (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||1,676,261||90,000|
|Dragon helm (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||58,762||60,000|
|Dragon chainbody (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||147,889||150,000|
|Dragon platelegs (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||163,504||162,000|
|Dragon plateskirt (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||164,941||162,000|
|Dragon boots (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||11,935||12,000|
|Dragon kiteshield (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||346,067||330,000|
|Dragon sq shield (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||940,984||300,000|
|Dragon 2h sword (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||135,746||132,000|
|Dragon hasta (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||28,329||30,000|
|Dragon halberd (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||219,048||195,000|
|Dragon spear (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||35,903||37,440|
|Dragon battleaxe (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||120,890||120,000|
|Off-hand dragon battleaxe (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||118,190||120,000|
|Dragon claw (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||116,413||40,500|
|Off-hand dragon claw (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||200,503||40,500|
|Dragon longsword (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||57,725||60,000|
|Off-hand dragon longsword (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||57,674||60,000|
|Dragon mace (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||28,861||30,000|
|Off-hand dragon mace (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||28,282||30,000|
|Dragon scimitar (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||60,594||60,000|
|Off-hand dragon scimitar (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||62,499||60,000|
|Dragon warhammer (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||130,787||120,000|
|Off-hand dragon warhammer (m)||1||1/336[d 4]||28,674||30,000|
- ^ a b The chance of a clue scroll is 1/14. There is a 1% chance of receiving a master clue scroll instead of an elite clue scroll
- ^ Triskelion fragments are dropped in sequencial order based on pieces currently owned
- ^ a b The total chance of getting any type of onyx drop is 1/14. A second roll then decides whether you get onyx dust (9/10) or a whole uncut onyx (1/10).
- ^ a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x The total chance of getting any piece of dragon equipment is 1/14. A second equal-chance roll then decides which specific piece of dragon equipment you get, at a 1/24 rate for any specific piece.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Banite rock||80||1||Varies[dr 1]||N/A|
|Concentrated coal deposit||70||1||Varies[dr 1]||N/A|
|Dark animica rock||90||1||Varies[dr 1]||N/A|
|Drakolith rock||60||1||Varies[dr 1]||N/A|
|Light animica rock||90||1||Varies[dr 1]||N/A|
|Necrite rock||70||1||Varies[dr 1]||N/A|
|Orichalcite rock||60||1||Varies[dr 1]||N/A|
|Phasmatite rock||70||1||Varies[dr 1]||N/A|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 18 February 2019 (Update):
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- On release, a player who had obtained all rocks of one type (either strange or golden) but not all of the other type had the chance to not receive a rock from their geode.  This was fixed in the 21 January 2019 patch.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Mod Shauny. Lotd + Metamorphic Geode. Reddit. 10 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 13 January 2019.) "LOTD boosts your chance to receive a meta geode if a geode drops"
- ^ a b c Jagex. Mod Breezy's Twitter account. 11 November 2018. (Archived from the original on 11 November 2018.) Mod Breezy: "... you're also guaranteed one strange or golden rock that you don't yet have!"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Breezy's Twitter account. 24 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 24 January 2019.) Mod Breezy: "All equal chances" In response to the question: "For wiki citation, is this correct dragon equip from metamorphic geodes: Battleaxe, Claws, Hasta, Longsword, Mace, Scimitar, Warhammer, 2h, Halberd, Spear, Full/Med helm, Chainbody, Kite/Sq shield, Platelegs/skirt, Boots? Also, all equal chances or not?"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Jack's Twitter account. 16 January 2019. (Archived from the original on 16 January 2019.) Mod Jack: "Yes I'm going to bug this." In response to the question: "Can you please verify if metamorphic geodes are intended to be 100% guaranteed rocks as long as player needs at least 1 strange or golden? Seems like there is a bug where a player who already has all strange or all golden will not always receive a rock of needed type."