|Release||7 February 2012 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|It can be used to make robust glass.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Red sandstone is the product of mining red sandstone rocks with Mining level 81. It can be made into robust glass by using the robust glass machine. To use the machine in Oo'glog, the As a First Resort quest needs to be completed; alternatively, if a player has access to Prifddinas, the Ithell Clan district houses a robust glass machine which can be used, however the same requirement still applies. Extra red sandstone can also be obtained from double ore chances granted by some items.
Mining the sandstone yields 70 experience per success. 50 red sandstone can be obtained from the Oo'glog red sandstone daily. The Oo'glog red sandstone is located north of the northern wall of the city, east of the Oo'glog lodestone. An additional 25 can be obtained daily from the Sophanem red sandstone, east of Sophanem and north of the Camel Warriors island, after completion of the elite Desert achievements. The daily limit will reset on login, after 00:00 (UTC). There is no limit to the amount of robust glass that can be created per day.
1200 red sandstone is required to create a blessed flask. Without bonuses, this takes 24 days without the Sophanem red sandstone unlocked or 16 days with it unlocked.
Mining[edit | edit source]
|Source||Red sandstone (rock)|
Location[edit | edit source]
|Red Sandstone Locations|
|Location||Maps||Sandstone per day|
|Oo'glog red sandstone
North of Oo'glog
|Sophanem red sandstone
East of Sophanem
(requires elite Desert achievements)
Total available daily:
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Red sandstone (rock)||81||1||Always||N/A|
Bonuses[edit | edit source]
Resourceful aura[edit | edit source]
The resourceful aura has a 10% chance to give an additional red sandstone which does not contribute towards the daily limit.
Collector's insignia[edit | edit source]
A charged collector's insignia has a 10% chance for to give an additional red sandstone which does not contribute towards the daily limit. An uncharged insignia has a 5% chance.
Shooting Star D&D[edit | edit source]
Shooting Stars distraction and diversion rewards the player with a 25% chance to give an additional red sandstone.
Honed perk[edit | edit source]
The Invention perk honed gives a higher chance of mining an additional red sandstone. The honed tier 6 perk has a 12% chance. The chance increases to 13.2% with a level 20 augmented pickaxe.
Fortune perk[edit | edit source]
The Invention perk fortune gives a chance of generating and banking an additional piece of red sandstone when mining. The fortune tier 3 perk has a 1.5% chance, increasing to 1.65% with a level 20 augmented pickaxe.
Waterfiend familiar[edit | edit source]
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
|Blessed molten glass||N/A|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 18 February 2019 (Update):
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Red sandstone will no longer be marked as complete for the 'I Love DailyScape' achievement if the player does not have access to the rock.
- ninja 23 October 2017 (Update):
- Red sandstone is now unaffected by the furnace perk when mining with an augmented pickaxe.
5 September 2012:
- The Oo'glog rock was moved a few squares south.
- patch 21 August 2012 (Update):
- Anagogic orts and Strange rocks are now given more reliably when mining Bane ore and Red sandstone.
- patch 28 February 2012 (Update):
- A spelling mistake has been corrected when a player reaches their daily red sandstone limit.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- According to Rutmir Arnhold, the walls of Oo'glog are composed of red sandstone, but the ogresses won't let anyone mine them for obvious reasons.
- Red sandstone alludes to the parallels Oo'glog has with the Australian outback, a remote, rural area in which the topsoil is red.
- On the day of release, red sandstone was tradeable. This was changed by an update to prevent an excessive influx and a decrease in prices for flasks.
- Unlike the animation for mining concentrated ore, which continues as if no ore was mined until the player's inventory is full or the deposit is emptied, the animation for red sandstone restarts after each successful attempt.