Idol crablets are a type of crablet found in the Arc. Despite being a creature, the crablet acts as a mining resource, allowing players to mine free the golden idol on its back; doing so requires level 98 Mining and grants 5,250 Mining experience. Rarely, one will spawn as an additional crablet in a group of six salty or alaea crablets on an Uncharted Isle. This can happen when returning to your claimed Uncharted Isle or logging in while on an island with a crablet colony.
Mining two golden idols from idol crablets is required to purchase the idol crabletine token from the Waiko Reward Shop, costing two golden idols, 2,500 chimes, and 3 Taijitu.
Note: Boosting mining levels will not allow a player to mine these crablets.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 5 September 2016 (Update):
- The golem outfit and quarrymaster aura now work correctly work with crablets.
- Idol crablets can be considered the rarest mining resource in the game due to their spawning mechanics.
- Idol crablets currently have the highest Mining level requirements in RuneScape, apart from Dungeoneering skill doors.
- Claiming an island with an Idol crablet on it will not respawn the crablet when you revisit your island as they spawn randomly with an alaea/Salty crablet colony, though they may spawn again eventually when revisited.
- Mining an idol crablet prompts a timer above it like other crablets, and it remains even after the idol is taken.