Superior rock-crushing scrimshaw
For other variants of this item, see non-superior.
|Superior rock-crushing scrimshaw|
|Release||11 December 2012 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|Backpack||Wear, Check charges|
|Equipped||Activate/Deactivate, Check charges|
|+3% critical chance when mining. Lasts 4 hours|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
The scrimshaw can be activated on and off for a total of 4 hours after which it degrades to dust. When activated, it increases critical hit chance while mining by 3%.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|4,000 XP||-||3 (1.8s)||-|
|Must be performed at the Scrimshaw Crafter|
|Must have unlocked the relevant eastern scroll|
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- ninja 17 December 2013 (Update):
- A new activation animation has been added for scrimshaws.
- Players can now combine semi-used scrimshaws.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Previously when a player was using both the rock-crushing scrimshaw and Juju mining potions, the effect of the scrimshaw would always take priority. This has since been fixed.
- It does not appear to destroy corrupted ore, meaning there is no effect while mining Seren stones.
- Prior to the Mining & Smithing rework, the scrimshaw had the following effect:
- When equipped, it offers a 20% chance to crush the ore (losing it in the process) in exchange for increased Mining experience. This bonus experience stacks with the Golden Mining Suit. The crushed ore appears to give 38% bonus experience, which means 20% chance to give 38% bonus experience. This works out at about 7.6% bonus experience.