"Daeyalt" redirects here. For the rocks that Daeyalt ore is mined from, see Daeyalt rocks
Slaves are mining Daeyalt ore in the mine
The daeyalt ore refinery underneath Castle Drakan.
Daeyalt ore is a rare ore created from the Stone of Jas. It can only be mined by players with a Mining level of 20 during and after The Darkness of Hallowvale quest, gaining approximately 17.6 experience. It cannot be smelted into a bar. According to those working the Meiyerditch mine, the ore mined in Meiyerditch is taken to a massive underground refinery; however, the nature and purpose of this process is unknown.
During River of Blood, it is revealed that Daeyalt ore is used during the process of vampyrisation, serving as a catalyst for easing changes between states. Later, refined daeyalt is used as one of the ingredients used in making a serum to cure human-born vampyres.
Daeyalt ore is found only in the Meiyerditch mine in north-western Meiyerditch in the Sanguinesti region.
If players are sent to the mine by the Vyrewatch, they must mine 15 ores and place them in the mine cart, then ask to be released from the mine.
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 11 January 2021 (Update):
- You may now interact with a furnace with daeyalt in your Backpack without receiving a message saying, "You're not sure what sort of effect you would get by putting this into the furnace."
- patch 3 May 2016 (Update):
- Players can no longer acquire another refined daeyalt ore from the refinery after the quest River of Blood, as there is no use for it.
- patch 9 November 2015 (Update):
- Players can now mine daeyalt ore with a full inventory containing a stack of daeyalt ore.
- ninja 20 July 2015 (Update):
- Daeyalt ores are now stackable.
- If you use the ore on a furnace it shows the message: "You're not sure what sort of effect you would get by putting this into the furnace." Trying to cast superheat item on it will display: "You're not sure what effect this would have."
- Daeyalt was mentioned by Thurgo in a Postbag from the Hedge. The dwarf stated that the ore had "some magical hoobery-joobery on it" and that "those vampire types are after the hoobery-joobery."