This article is about the island. For the moai, see Waiko moai
Waiko is an island in The Arc region of the Wushanko Isles. It is the central hub of The Arc, and has many shops and merchants on it that players may sell resources they gather around The Arc to for chimes. It is also described as thriving with slave trade. Eastern and western ships, crews and merchants can be found here.
The Waiko fishing district.
The mountainous jungle of Waiko.
Bamboo Market 101 is a shop run by Zhuka (bamboo merchant), where players may buy and sell bamboo and driftwood for chimes.
Fish Oil Sales is a shop run by Salmon Max (fish merchant), where players may buy and sell native fish products for chimes.
The Ports Reward Shop is a shop run by Boni. It sells Player-owned ports resources and trade goods. The shop can be found in the north east corner of the market area.
Salty Goods is a shop run by Yi Yan (salt merchant), where players may buy and sell items mined from crablets for chimes.
Tang Chufang is a shop run by Tang (food merchant), where players may buy and sell food products native to The Arc for chimes.
The Waiko Grill provides a 5% chance of cooking duplicate Arc food, such as shark soup. Duplicate food is banked automatically, this stacks with Modified sous chef's toque.
Torts R Us is a shop run by 'Reggie' (tortoise shell merchant), where players may buy and sell tortle products for chimes.
The Waiko Reward Shop is a shop run by Boni that sells unlocks and upgrades pertaining to activities in The Arc, various reward items, customisations for the player's own island, and experience lamps. It is located in the north east corner of the market area.
- In A Helping Hand the player sends a ship when they learn the adventurer in their port has provided you with the opportunity to seek more bamboo and chimes by exploring the Island of Waiko.
- In A Friend Indeed the player sends a ship to befriend the personal chef of Waiko's Khan.
- In Howdy Pilgrims the player sends a ship to escort a group of Guthix worshippers on a pilgrimage to a site of magical significance on Waiko.
- In Supply and Demand the player sends a ship to trade with a rich merchant from Waiko for bamboo.
- In To the Rescue the player sends a ship to intercede in a fight between pirates from Mos Le'Harmless and eastern traders from Waiko.
- In Light and Sturdy the player sends a ship when they learn the Architect is willing to show your crew where her town gets some of its bamboo.
- In A Joint Acquisition the player sends a ship when they learn the Missionary and Occultist have felt a magical disturbance near Waiko. This magical energy can be used to uncover a source of bamboo.
- In A Barmaids' Tip the player sends a ship when they learn that the Barmaid has heard some interesting gossip concerning Waiko and a shipment of bamboo.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 11 March 2019 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to view the Waiko cutscene while in certain areas.
- patch 31 October 2016 (Update):
- A contract board near Sojobo on Waiko now visually displays whether or not you've disabled Uncharted Isle contracts. The board where you choose your skill for combat contracts has been made graphically distinct.
- patch 17 October 2016 (Update):
- A bakami will no longer spawn within an unreachable spot on Waiko.
- The chickens on Waiko have been replaced with pekin that drop appropriately poultry-esque Arc resources.
- Some additional rocks formerly on Waiko have been removed.