Golden Bamboo (tree)
|Release date||25 July 2016 (Update)|
|level||Cannot be grown|
|Examine||A source of high quality bamboo.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Golden Bamboo stalks can be found while exploring Uncharted Isles within The Arc. Chopping the golden bamboo stalks requires at least level 96 Woodcutting harvesting golden bamboo on success, awarding 655.5 Woodcutting experience.
A golden bamboo plant will yield 100 golden bamboos before depleting, leaving a bamboo stump in its place. A filterable message will also notify the player upon depletion of the golden bamboo plant: "The bamboo plant has been exhausted for today".
Experience rates[edit | edit source]
At level 99 Woodcutting, the expected experience rate for chopping golden bamboo is equivalent to approximately 130,000 Woodcutting experience and 1,000 chimes an hour if the golden bamboo is bundled and sold.
Using the following items and buffs will grant up to around 275,000-300,000 woodcutting experience per hour at level 99 Woodcutting:
- Nature's sentinel outfit including the Lumberjack clothing
- Augmented crystal hatchet with the Honed 5 and Furnace 3 perks
- Supreme lumberjack aura
- Decorated woodcutting urn with an Urn enhancer
- Perfect juju woodcutting potion
- Superior log-splitting scrimshaw
- Clan xp boost 6 %
- Wise perk 3
Boosts[edit | edit source]
- Woodcutting boosts such as the Lumberjack aura and Invention perks will affect the rates golden bamboo are obtained at.
- Players under the effect of a perfect juju woodcutting potion will have a chance to harvest double the bamboo on successful harvests.
- A Dwarven chainaxe's double resource mode allows players to harvest two golden bamboos on successful harvests, sacrificing any experience gained.
- Superior and inferior log-splitting scrimshaws will consume golden bamboo in exchange for increased experience rates, counting as part of the 100 bamboo obtained when the effect is activated.
If boosts are used to harvest additional golden bamboos the player will not able to obtain more than a total of 100 golden bamboo from each plant. Instead, golden bamboo will be obtained from the plant quicker, and increasing experience rates if experience is gained. However, if an effect activates on the very last harvest of the golden bamboo plant, the player will gain the additional golden bamboo.
Loot[edit | edit source]
|Item||Quantity||Rarity||GE price||High Alch|
|Golden bamboo (m)||1||Always||0||Not alchemisable|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 18 February 2019 (Update):
- Changed a message to inform players they have chopped some bamboo rather than logs.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When a player is near a golden bamboo stalk their minimap will become marked with a icon.