Raw wobbegong is a fish that may be caught and found washed ashore on Uncharted Isles. Wobbegongs require level 96 Fishing to catch, giving 682.5 experience each.
Raw wobbegongs may be cooked two at a time to produce wobbegong oil, requiring level 96 Cooking, and granting 240 Cooking experience if successful. Burning wobbegongs while making oil produces burnt wobbegongs. It is highly recommended to cook the wobbegong at the grill in Waiko to prevent burning during cooking and to have a chance to receive an additonal wobbegong oil.
Raw wobbegongs may be sold to the Fish Oil Sales shop in Waiko for 3 chimes each.
A wobbegong fishing spot will yield 100 raw wobbegongs before depleting for the day. When a wobbegong fishing spot is depleted, a filterable message reads: The fishing spot has been exhausted for today. The wobbegongs are wobbegone.
Players can expect to gain an experience rate equivalent to 137,000 Fishing experience and 1,200 chimes an hour without the aid of experience boosting sets or equipment. Using a fishing outfit, fury shark outfit with 7% catch boost, shark's tooth necklace, crystal fishing rod with Honed 5 and Furnace 3 perks and perfect juju fishing potion grants 214,000 experience and 1,640 chimes an hour.
[view] • [talk]
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
[view] • [talk]
||10 × Raw sillago
||10 × Raw wobbegong
- ^ Assumes highest sell-to-store value
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- ninja 7 August 2017 (Update):
- update 27 February 2017 (Update):
- The shoreline wobbegong fishing spot is once again visible when using the Java client. Wobbegongs out in the sea remain unchanged.
- update 25 July 2016 (Update):
There are rare sharks swimming in the shallow sea.
- Wobbegongs in the real world are bottom dwelling sharks, as opposed to their in-game model, which resembles a mackerel shark. The examine text refers to the barbels on the sides of the wobbegong's head.
- Wobbegongs, along with tarpons, seerfish, and sillagos are the first fish to be visible in fishing spots prior to being caught.
- Wobbegongs can be spotted near the dock on Whale's Maw (simply labelled as "Sharks"), but cannot be caught. Their examine text is "Doo doo duh dee doo (Wobbegong). Doo doo duh dee doo (Wobbegong).", a reference to the song "Mah Nà Mah Nà".
- When fishing for wobbegongs, the player is shown using a standard fishing rod and animation, regardless of currently equipped fishing equipment or any selected animation overrides.
- There used to be a glitch where a player could catch an infinite amount of wobbegongs from one spot, this was achievable by using the consume option on the shark outfit. A player wouldn't receive items, but they would still be able to gain experience. This was fixed in the second Arc batch.