|Release date||14 March 2016 (Update)|
|Has a 5% chance per rank of consuming a gathered resource for an extra 100% XP. When mining has a 5% chance per rank to generate no progress, but give double xp.
This perk has an increased chance to activate on level 20 items.
|Infobox • Talk page|
Furnace is an Invention perk that has a chance to consume a gathered resource for double the normal experience; when mining, it generates no progress in exchange for the doubled experience. It can be created in tool gizmos.
The Furnace perk doesn't work on skilling plots that don't produce any resources to consume, e.g. crystal tree and chopping Ivy. However, the perk does work with the shark outfit, even when it is set to consume caught fish. Furnace will not stack with the effects of Crystallise, and will take precedence over the spell.
Resources that are not affected by furnace perk:
The extra experience received from furnace will stack with bonus experience. The perk effectively grants 5% extra experience per rank. Items consumed by the perk also grant double equipment experience.
Items consumed by the perk do not count towards a Daily challenge.
|Rank||Chance (level 20)|
Sources[edit | edit source]
|Material||Rarity||Perk ranks with X materials|
Suggested gizmos[edit | edit source]
|Gizmo layout||Possible perks|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 2 March 2020 (Update):.
- The Furnace perk will no longer trigger once the player’s charges have run out.
- patch 4 February 2019 (Update):
- No longer works when mining with an augmented tool (and relevant perk) equipped that isn't a pickaxe.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- There is now a message when your furnace perk activates while mining.