Corrupted ore, also called Seren corruption, is an ore gained from mining Seren Stones in the Trahaearn Clan's district of Prifddinas. Mining the stones requires level 89 Mining. Obtaining ore awards 296.7 Mining experience, or 356 experience if the Voice of Seren is active in the Trahaearn district.
With level 89 Smithing, corrupted ores can be used at furnaces, awarding Smithing experience. Players are able to use temporary skill boosts to dispose of corrupted ores at furnaces.
Each corrupted ore gives 160 Smithing experience; 192 Smithing experience with the Voice of Seren active in the district. 1,500 corrupted ore can be used in one hour, equating to 240,000 experience an hour; increasing to 288,000 experience an hour with the Voice of Seren effect, and 345,600 experience an hour using urns with Voice of Seren. After smelting their first 100 corrupted ores, players can claim an experience lamp worth 50,000 Smithing experience by speaking with Lady Trahaearn. She is located just south of the Seren Stones.
Mining urns and Smelting urns do work with corrupted ore. With the release of the Mining & Smithing Rework, it is no longer possible to use Superheat Item on Corrupted Ores. Corrupted ore cannot be stored in the metal bank.
Smelting corrupted ore with the augmented crystal hammer or hammer-tron equipped gives 11.7 item experience.
[view] • [talk]
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
The update history project
is a work-in-progress - not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- Seren stones are largely unchanged and will remain the best AFK mining method. They still drop corrupted ore. As core ores are now more valuable, Seren stones may be less useful.
- Trahaearn hour causes random level 90 animica rocks to spawn on each world, requiring worlds to be searched for a good pattern. In addition all mining has a higher chance for double ore, and smelting corrupted ore gives more XP.
- The examine text of corrupted ore is a reference to the examine text of most ores, which read: "This needs refining."
- It would take approximately 55,000 corrupted ore to reach level 99 Smithing from level 89, not including buffs from EXP-boosting items or consumables, or the Voice of Seren effect.