|Release||22 September 2014 (Update)|
|This needs destroying.|
|FAQ • doc|
Corrupted ore, also called Seren corruption, is an ore gained from mining Seren Stones in the Trahaearn Clan's district of Prifddinas. Mining the stones requires level 89 Mining. Corrupted ore has a 1.2x experience multiplier, which means players will get roughly 40% more experience per regular hit than they will from Light or Dark animica (Which have a 0.84x multiplier), although the lack of rockertunities or leveling bonuses means the actual improvement will be smaller.
Each corrupted ore gives 160 Smithing experience; 192 Smithing experience with the Voice of Seren active in the district. By default, it takes 4 ticks (2.4 seconds) to smelt one piece of Corrupted Ore, meaning a maximum of 1,500 corrupted ore can be used in one hour giving a base rate of 240,000 experience. If Voice of Seren is in effect in the Trahaearn District, this will increase to 288,000 experience an hour.
Experience gain can be further through the use of Smelting urns, which are worth an extra +20% experience (or +25% if an Urn enhancer is used). Players using urns should be prepared to go through quite a few due to the relatively low experience per urn compared to other skills. Even a Decorated smelting urn will be completely filled after smelting only 12.5 ore (Or 10.4 while Voice of Seren is in effect).
Players with 91 Prayer who have completed The Light Within can use the Superheat Form prayer to reduce the time to smelt one ore by one tick, allowing them to potentially smelt up to 2,000 ore an hour.
After smelting their first 100 corrupted ores, players can claim an experience lamp worth 50,000 Smithing experience by speaking with Lady Trahaearn. She is located just south of the Seren Stones.
Mining urns and Smelting urns do work with corrupted ore. With the release of the Mining & Smithing Rework, it is no longer possible to use Superheat Item on Corrupted Ores. Corrupted ore cannot be stored in the metal bank.
Mining[edit | edit source]
Smithing[edit | edit source]
|Experience (per bar)|
|Experience (per ore)|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Hefin Agility Course||1||Rare||N/A|
|Metamorphic geode||N/A||100–300||1/14[dr 1]|
|Treasure chest (Player-owned port)||N/A||26–249||Rare|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- Seren stones are largely unchanged and will remain the best AFK mining method. They still drop corrupted ore. As core ores are now more valuable, Seren stones may be less useful.
- Trahaearn hour causes random level 90 animica rocks to spawn on each world, requiring worlds to be searched for a good pattern. In addition all mining has a higher chance for double ore, and smelting corrupted ore gives more XP.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The examine text of corrupted ore is a reference to the examine text of most ores, which read: "This needs refining."
- It would take approximately 55,000 corrupted ore to reach level 99 Smithing from level 89, not including buffs from EXP-boosting items or consumables, or the Voice of Seren effect.