Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Release||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|On death||Always kept outside dangerous area|
|Some hard dry clay.|
|Exchange||1,529 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
Clay (sometimes called hard clay to distinguish it from soft clay) is a material that players can obtain with level 1 Mining.
If a player uses water on clay, soft clay is created, awarding the player with 1 Crafting experience. As of 15 February 2011, players no longer need a container for the water, meaning soft clay can be made directly at a water source. This is used to make pottery in Crafting, Urns, furniture in Construction, and Magic tablets.
If players use a bracelet of clay while mining, soft clay is mined instead of clay for 28 uses per bracelet. Soft clay can be directly mined in the Ithell clay mine; mining a soft clay rock with the bracelet will simultaneously mine two soft clay for every charge.
Mining[edit | edit source]
Mine locations[edit | edit source]
|Crafting Guild (mine)||3||40|
|Elemental Workshop mine||4||Elemental Workshop I (partial completion)|
|Gunnarsgrunn south mine||3||N/A|
|Lumbridge south-east mine||2||N/A|
|Menaphos worker district mine||4||The Jack of Spades|
|Uzer Hunter mine||3||N/A|
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Exiled kalphite worker||75||1||Common|
|Goblin Raids Goblin raids||N/A||1||4/10|
|Icefiend Ice Mountain||35||1 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Imp God Wars Dungeon||1||Very rare|
|Level 2 grid||1||1||Common|
|Level 3 grid||1||1||Common|
|Mutated zygomite||58; 65||1||Uncommon|
Products[edit | edit source]
This is an auto-generated list (update now), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here.
|Raw mud pie|
| Soft clay|
(Using bowl of water)
| Soft clay|
(Using bucket of water)
| Soft clay|
(Using jug of water)
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to the Mining & Smithing rework, clay was the fastest respawning rock as it respawned in just one game tick.
- Players can get 200,000,000 experience by mining exactly 40,000,000 clay without bonus experience, generating a profit of 61,160,000,000 at the current Grand Exchange mid price.
- Training Mining with clay from level 1 to 99 would require a total of 2,606,887 pieces of clay be mined, which would turn a profit of 3,985,930,223 coins (at the current market price). It takes about 1 minute to mine 28 clay using a rune pickaxe and about 1 minute to bank and return so this means about 840 clay per hour, for a total of 3,104 hours of work.
- After the update that allows players to soften clay directly with a water source, including wells, players could still use some water-filled containers to do so. A bucket of water, jug of water and bowl of water may be used to soften clay, but not vials of water, waterskins or watering cans. The ones that can be used in this way have an "empty" option but not those that are not, except for vials, which could be emptied but not used to soften clay.
- If the player uses a suitable filled container on dry clay while being within two squares of a water source, they would automatically refill the container and the player could soften all clay in one go, although it is simpler and faster to use the clay on the water source.