Salty crabletines are young crablets, and despite being a creature, the crystal deposit on their back acts as a mining resource. Mining the deposit requires level 90 Mining, and yields sea salt; an ingredient required in making arc gumbo. Ten salty crabletines can be found on the north-west shore of Cyclosis and seven can be found on eastern Aminishi.
When clicking on a crablet to mine, they will become stationary. Salty crabletines may be mined randomly between 4-5.5 minutes before exhausting the salt crystals on their back. Each crablet has a unique timer, which does not stop even if the player stops mining a crablet, or begins to mine another. The following message is shown when their salt crystals have depleted: "The salt crystals on the nearby crablet have disappeared."
Mining salty crabletines gives approximately 78,000 Mining experience and 705 chimes an hour at level 99 Mining. Using a golden mining suit, magic golem outfit and a pickaxe with the Honed 5 and Furnace 3 perks gives around 108,000 experience and 867 chimes an hour.
Mining boosts such as the Quarrymaster aura, Golem outfits, and Invention Perks do affect the number of salts mined from the crablet; the effects of the Perfect juju mining potion and normal Juju mining potion will not activate from mining the crablet however.
|Sea salt (m)||1||Always||0||Not alchemisable|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 1 July 2019 (Update):.
- The Mining skillcape perk will no longer affect Arc crablets.
- patch 18 February 2019 (Update):
- Mining crablets no longer depletes stamina, so they can be mined AFK as before. Their hitpoints have been lowered so that a crablet is typically mined in a little under 5 minutes. The XP from mining crablets has been reduced to compensate.
- patch 5 September 2016 (Update):
- The golem outfit and quarrymaster aura now work correctly work with crablets.