A pet is a non-combat NPC loyal to a player that generally requires a certain level in Summoning to own. Typically, a player must raise a pet to maturity by having it follow them. Many pets can also be fed and interacted with. Most pets do not serve a purpose other than decoration, however, some pets are used in quests and have other additional benefits.
A player may only have one pet, familiar, or NPC (e.g. Zanik, or the Zanaris choir) following them at one time. Players can manage pets while active through the familiar interface, by using food on them, by left-clicking, and with direct interaction by right-clicking.
Pets that exist as objects may be stored in the bank or inventory, and follow the player when dropped. Other pets are automatically stored in the Customisation interface and can be called to follow the player at any time. Players can store up to 30 pets in the menagerie of a player-owned house (with the highest-level pet houses). Unlike familiars, pets may be brought into Summoning-free zones.
- 1 Summoning-related pets
- 2 Caring for pets
- 3 Object pets
- 4 Interface pets
- 5 Solomon's General Store pets
- 6 Use and reception
- 7 Update history
- 8 Trivia
[edit | edit source]
Many pets require an appropriate Summoning level to be obtained, raised, and kept. With some exceptions, such as god birds for protection in the God Wars Dungeon, these pets have no real use other than decoration, or a way to show the player's killcount and/or Summoning level.
Caring for pets[edit | edit source]
When a pet is first obtained, it is in its lowest growth stage and grows as it follows the player, with the exception of several pets which only have one growth stage such as the broav.
A player can monitor a pet's growth and hunger in the Summoning menu. Younger pets become hungrier faster than their adult counterparts, but the frequency of feeding does not affect a pet's growth rate.
Unlike other pets, kittens must be stroked and fed regularly or they run away. Once they reach adult stage, they no longer need to be fed.
At 100% growth, the pet matures into its next form. Pets can have up to three growth stages. Legendary pets obtained from Solomon's General Store can be interacted with and can be fed different types of food that can also be obtained from the store, which speeds up their growth significantly.
Pets that hatch from eggs need to be incubated before they hatch, which requires them to be placed in an egg incubator found in the Pet shops in Taverley and Yanille. Players receive a chat box notification when the egg has hatched. Any pet hatched in an incubator remains there until the player chooses to retrieve it. Pet shop owners are also the only NPCs that sell specific food for pets.
A player may speak with a pet once they are 10 or more Summoning levels above the required Summoning level to obtain that pet. Communication with pets above the level of 90 is possible, with the exception of the baby dragon, which cannot be understood regardless of how high the player boosts their Summoning level. The monkey can be spoken to if the player wears the monkeyspeak amulet from Monkey Madness, and the TzRek-Jad is naturally capable of speech. Players with 99 summoning can communicate with a chameleon after using the cape's right click "boost" option to temporarily achieve level 100 summoning.
Pets that are stored in the 'Customisations' interface function differently from other pets. These are separated into five categories: Follower, Legendary, Companion, Boss, and Skilling. These do not need any feeding, although legendary pets can be given treats to make them grow more quickly.
Object pets[edit | edit source]
These pets exist as objects. When dropped, they follow the player. If a player dies while their pet is following them, it disappears and the player has to find a new one.
Summoning[edit | edit source]
These pets require a specific Summoning level to obtain, as well as other requirements.
Non-summoning[edit | edit source]
These pets do not have Summoning requirements and instead have other requirements.
| - -
|Normal Cat||Cooked and raw fish, or milk
(only needs to eat as a kitten)
|Gertrude, after completing Gertrude's Cat||6|
|- -||Hellcat||Created from a normal cat during or after Recipe for Disaster/Freeing Evil Dave by catching several Hellrats||1|
|- -||Purple Cat||Created from a normal cat by talking to Wendy after completing Swept Away & Purple Cat Miniquest|
|Clockwork cat||Nothing||Player-owned house Workshop||1|
|Pet fish||Fish food||Caught in Harry's Fishing Shop using a tiny net, with a fishbowl (containing water and seaweed) in the inventory||3|
|Pet rock||Nothing||Askeladden after The Fremennik Trials||1|
|Eek||2009 Hallowe'en event|
|San'tar spawnling||2013 Christmas event|
|Fire creature||Nothing||Char's training cave after The Firemaker's Curse (with level 91 Firemaking)||4|
|Baby Troll||Most tradeable items, plus some untradeable items, such as other pets (feeding this pet is optional and merely gives the pet a name change if fed)||Obtained from Corporal Keymans||1|
|Freezy||Nothing||Bought with 100 Co-op Slayer points||4|
Interface pets[edit | edit source]
These pets do not exist as objects. Instead, they are accessed through the 'Pets' tab in the Customisation interface.
Boss pets[edit | edit source]
Boss pets are generally pets obtained by fighting or achievements that have to do with bosses. Most are drops that unlock the pet, but some, such as the mega ducklings and the Barrows bobbleheads are acquired differently.
Skilling pets[edit | edit source]
|Dojo Mojo||Dojo Mojo pet||Agility|
|Baby Yaga's House||Baby Yaga's House pet||Construction|
Quest and reward pets[edit | edit source]
|Tiny Lucien||Mahjarrat Memories miniquest||60 Divination|
|Tiny Hazeel||Dishonour among Thieves|
|Tiny Zemouregal||Bought after Dimension of Disaster from Aris' Reward Shop||5 silver pennies|
|Tiny Kharshai||Children of Mah quest|
|Tiny Sliske||Sliske's Endgame quest|
|Tiny Death||Auto unlocked after completing 200 reaper assignments|
|Kipple Nano||Heart of Stone quest|
|Crispy the Cabbage||Gower Quest|
|Tim||Talk to Tim|
|Crunchy||Talk to Crunchy|
|Rowena||Broken Home challenge 2|
|Mini-Blink||Rewards trader||95 Dungeoneering, 500,000 Dungeoneering Tokens, defeated Blink once|
|Hope Nibbler||Rewards trader||101 Dungeoneering, 1,000,000 Dungeoneering Tokens, defeated Hope Devourer once|
|Frosty||Rewards trader||99 Summoning, 85 Dungeoneering, 250,000 Dungeoneering Tokens, entered Asgarnian Ice Dungeon resource dungeon once|
|Eddy||Rare drop from the Powerful Edimmu||115 Dungoneering and 90 slayer|
|Penny||Obtained by combining Dark soul, Dark mind and Dark body||Access to shadow creatures in the Amlodd clan district of Prifddinas|
|Goebie||Collect 2,500 Goebie Reputation|
|Sayln the Shark||Tier 5 Prawn Perk from the Prawnbroker||63 Construction|
|Cornellius||Earn 500 training points through the boss assistance system|
|Rover the red dragon||Post quest reward after collecting the first four lamps from Philipe Carnillean after the quest Carnillean Rising||200 QP; Carnillean Rising|
|Spot the black dragon||Post quest reward after collecting the first eight lamps from Philipe Carnillean after the quest Carnillean Rising||400 QP; Carnillean Rising|
|Spirit dragon||Purchase from Boni||25,000 chimes, and 15 taijitu|
|Idol crabletine||Purchase an Idol crabletine token from Boni||2,500 chimes, 3 taijitu, and 2 Golden idols per token|
|Iago||Iago is a pet from The Arc. It can be obtained from Odd Billy on Cyclosis, once the player has found all the birds in the Arc Journal|
|Revenant Pet||Unlocked from Revenant Spirits, obtained by killing revenants.|
|Abyssal hound||Shattered Worlds|
|Aniwisp||Shattered Worlds reward store||900,000 shattered anima|
|Animist||2,700,000 shattered anima|
|Animagu||6,700,000 shattered anima|
|Animawhal||12,700,000 shattered anima|
|Animaroo||23,700,000 shattered anima|
|Animaptor||41,700,000 shattered anima|
|Animasaur||70,700,000 shattered anima|
|Animasaurus||117,700,000 shattered anima|
|Animasaurus rex||175,700,000 shattered anima|
|Squeck||Slimy egg obtainable when fishing in the ports district of Menaphos||Access to Menaphos|
|Jewelled Scarab||Reward for finding all the Jewels of the Elid for the Menaphos journal||Access to Menaphos|
|Magic carpet||A reward for completing the Golden Path Challenge and variants are also rewards for meeting a threshold for district-specific reputation||Access to Menaphos|
|Ishhara||Inspecting a Corrupted egg very rarely found around Menaphos and Sophanem||Access to Menaphos|
|Squidge||Social Slayer reward store||Bought with 50 Co-op Slayer points|
|Runtstable||Social Slayer reward store||Bought with 200 Co-op Slayer points|
|-||Cresbot||Dropped by Automatons as a very rare drop after The World Wakes||The World Wakes|
|Baby Soulgazer||Unlocked via using the Soulgazer's charm on the portal inside the Stalker dungeon||99 Dishonour among Thieves|
|Phoenix eggling (cute)||Unlocked by choosing 'clap' or 'kick' (for the respective eggling) with the shaking Large egg, a possible drop from Phoenix Lair Distractions and Diversions||72 , 51 , In Pyre Need|
|Phoenix eggling (mean)|
|Diddykin||Lucky dragonkin coin|
|Clover||Unlocked by using a mossy rock on the headless moss golem in the The Lost Grove||None|
|Vinny||Possible drop after completing the Wisps of the Grove Distractions and Diversion in The Lost Grove||None|
|Blue||Treasure Trails Reward Shop||Bought with 2,500 Treasure Trail points|
|Effy||Possible drop from opening dragonkin lamps after Rebuilding Edgeville||Ritual of the Mahjarrat, Rebuilding Edgeville|
|Clan Avatar||Summoned as a follower after interacting with the Avatar Control Stone in a Clan Citadel|
|Perdita||Merethiel||Claimed after having accumulated 1,000 total killcount at Solak|
|Blightbound lasher||Purple mushroom|
|Micah||Obtained by completing the Chill Out, Bro! achievement and then buying it from the Dragonkin Laboratory Reward Shop for 250,000 dungeoneering tokens||81 Magic|
|Trevor||Obtained from the Farmers' Market at the Manor Farm for 10,000 beans after completing the Ever So Clever achievement|
|Balloon goat||Possible reward from popping party balloons in the Party Room||None|
|Lorehound||Obtained from May's Quest Caravan||25 Quest Points|
|Tetch||Obtained by completing the Crawfish Boil achievement and then buying it from the Elite Dungeon Reward Shop for 250,000 dungeoneering tokens|
|Sasha||Herby Werby Reward Store||300 Potent herbs|
|Lil Miss Gloop||Obtained by completing the Once Upon a Slime quest.|
|Nipper demon||Parasitic orb, a rare drop from Ripper Demons||96 Slayer|
Holiday and event pets[edit | edit source]
|Corgi||2012 Diamond Jubilee; Find Minnie Coop's six missing corgis.|
|Sparkles||Wizards' Tower basement during 2011 Christmas Event|
|Mackers||2011 Thanksgiving event|
|Buddy||Opening Christmas presents and Big Christmas presents during the 2014 Christmas Event|
|White royal rhino||2014 Rhino Awareness event|
|Black royal rhino|
|Cheeky Monkey||Completed all of the 2014 Runescape Road Trip tasks|
|Piggles||Buy any 2014 Premier Club|
|Commander Porkins||Buy 2014 Silver or Gold Premier Club|
|Jadinko||2015 Easter event|
|Fluffie||Completed all of the 2015 RuneScape Road Trip tasks|
|Tiny White Knight||Unlocked from a supply cache during the 2015 Invasion of Falador|
|Tiny Black Knight||Unlocked from a supply cache during the 2015 Invasion of Falador|
|Lava hawk||Buy 2015 Gold Premier Club|
|Kirin||Buy any 2015 Premier Club using PayPal|
|Pumpkincrow||2015 Hallowe'en event and promotion||1,000 Candy corn|
|Kharidian cat||2015 Hallowe'en event||10,000 Noumenon favour|
|Jaguar cub||2015 Big Cats Sanctuary event||9 points|
|Tiger cub||9 points|
|Lion cub||1 bond|
|Snow leopard cub||5 bonds|
|RuneFest dragonling||Attend RuneFest 2015|
|Sockroth||Completed 20 Meg's cases during the 2016 Mega May event|
|Postie Pete (pet)||Buy 2016 Gold premier Premier Club|
|Crystal peacock||Redeemed a membership card in August 2016 or were a Premier Club member|
|Incy||Obtained by buying a 2,400 or 5,400 RuneCoin package during October 2016|
|Roooots||2016 Attack of the Zombie Sprouts event||Unlock both sets of wings (decaying and inflorescent)|
|Dr Spider MD||2016 Hallowe'en event||500 grey matter and finding 8 mechanical spider legs|
|Stringy||2016 Christmas event|
|Chronicle, Book of legends||Answered 14 questions from the Gorajo hoardstalker during the 2016 beta of Chronicle: RuneScape Legends or now obtainable by entering the Legends' Guild|
|RuneFest Foo Lion||Could be obtained from Diango or Ianto by entering the redeem code RFLiveStream2016 during Runefest 2016|
|RuneFest Honourable Foo Lion||Was given to atendees of RuneFest 2016|
|Sandra||Unlocked from a starfish follower pet token|
|Winston||Unlocked from a prize token|
|Phoebe||Unlocked from a Phoebe pet token|
|Gillbert||Unlocked from a Gillbert pet token|
|Gus||Unlocked from a pufferfish follower pet token|
|Coraline||Unlocked from a seahorse follower pet token|
|Scurvy||Reward after turning in 10,000 Phantom doubloons during the Deathbeard's Demise event|
|Gnorm||Reward after turning in 10,000 clockwork pieces to Eira during the Going Like Clockwork event|
|Devotion sprite||Reward after turning in 10,000 Fabric scraps during the 2017 Valentine's event|
|Shaun||Given out to the top 1,000 players who qualified for the Dimension of the Damned finale.|
|Rudolph Reborn||Completing the 2017 Christmas event|
|Tony||Unlocked from snowman pet token|
|Zoltan||Unlocked from a Zoltan pet token|
|Angelic Inari||Reward after turning in 10,000 Charity tokens during the Gielinorian Giving event|
|Sandy||Unlocked from a sandcastle companion pet token|
|Octo||Unlocked from an octopus companion pet token|
|Tinger||Unlocked from an Wolpertinger companion pet token|
|Keggy||Unlocked from an Keg companion pet token|
|Eggos||Unlocked from an Easter egg follower pet token|
|Parcel Pete (pet)||obtained from opening a Huge parcel during the Parcels from the Hedge event.|
|Scoop||Unlocked by handing in 4,000 charity tokens during the Mental Health Awareness Week event|
|Percy||Unlocked by handing in 10,000 charity tokens during the Mental Health Awareness Week event|
|Foo||Unlocked handing in 12,600 zodiac talismans to Yinteng during the Zodiac Festival promotion|
|Crusty||Unlocked from a Crusty companion pet token|
|Arthur||Unlocked from an Arthur companion pet token|
|Umbral Crassian||Given to members of Twitch Prime as part of an offer between 26 July to 19 September 2018|
|Jacky||Obtained from the first golden Premier Club chest, located at the Grand Exchange||17 Farming, 20 Construction|
|Björn||Available with Game Card promotions and the Premier Club reward token|
|Tiny War||Obtained from the second golden Premier Club chest, located at the Grand Exchange|
|Lil Gloop||Reward from the Slime is of the Essence promotion|
|Valkyrie Bobblehead||Obtained by handing in 17,000 Valkyrie feathers to Eir during the 2019 Winter event|
|Mysterious Egg||Reward for completing the temporary Guilded Eggstravaganza quest or a rare drop from the Dragonkin Laboratory|
|Mysterious Chicken||Unlocked by entering the Varrock Dig Site while owning the Mysterious Egg pet|
|Mordaut Jr.||Obtained by handing in 17,000 Boat materials to Mr. Mordaut during the Breaking the Storm event|
|Umbral Akh||Given to members of Twitch Prime as part of an offer between 16 July to 19 August 2019|
|Snack yak||Obtained by handing in or using 15,000 Skill Off tokens during the Summer Skill Off event|
|T-bone||Buy 2020 Gold premier Premier Club|
|Abyssal Prowler||Obtained by completing 15 tasks during the Yak Track event|
|Witch's Doll||Obtained by completing 25 tasks during the Yak Track event|
|Spooky Raven||Obtained by completing 35 tasks during the Yak Track event|
|Zak||Obtained by completing 50 tasks during the Yak Track event|
|Mini Morn||Obtained by submitting or handing in 15,000 Chill Off tokens at the Winter Chill Off event.|
|Yaktrick Evenmoore||Obtained by completing 10 tasks during the Zodi-yak Track event|
|Dioscuri Sentinel||Obtained by completing 20 tasks during the Zodi-yak Track event|
|Twilight Pegasus||Obtained by completing 35 tasks during the Zodi-yak Track event|
|Cosmic Billy||Obtained by completing 50 tasks during the Zodi-yak Track event|
|Sheldon||Obtained by handing in 5,000 pilfered easter eggs to Easter Bunny during the 2020 Easter event|
|Moorrissey (pet)||Obtained by completing tier 10 of the premium Yak to the Shadows event|
|Zarosian Vigil||Obtained by completing tier 20 of the free Yak to the Shadows|
|Mollik the Great||Obtained by completing tier 45 of the premium Yak to the Shadows|
|Moorrissey (Armoured)||Obtained by completing tier 50 of the premium Yak to the Shadows|
|Robin||Obtained by completing 5 tasks during The Knight Before Christmas|
Treasure Hunter promotions and exclusive pets[edit | edit source]
|Sq'irks the parrot||Treasure Hunter|
|Hype train||Treasure Hunter|
|Pirate sheep||Treasure Hunter/Promotions (Talk Like A Pirate Day 2014)||3,000 doubloons|
|Saradomin Banner||Turn in credits for the Saradomin faction during the 2015 Astromancer outfit promotion||750 Astromancer credits|
|Zamorak Banner||Turn in credits for the Zamorak faction during the 2015 Astromancer outfit promotion||750 Astromancer credits|
|Armadyl Banner||Turn in credits for the Armadyl faction during the 2015 Astromancer outfit promotion||750 Astromancer credits|
|Godless Banner||Turn in credits for the Godless faction during the 2015 Astromancer outfit promotion||750 Astromancer credits|
|Helps||Valentine's Day Treasure Hunter promotion 2016||1,000 Valentine's petals|
|Pet of Seasons||Pet of Seasons (Treasure hunter)||Win token or combine all 4 season pets (spring, summer, autumn, winter)|
|Mimic||Treasure Hunter and rare drop from the Giant Mimic|
|Twitching orb||Unlocked by watching a LootScape-enabled livestream on for the first time|
|Treborn||Unlocked by talking with either Diango or Ianto about recalling memories, and entering the code '0800488449' from 8 to 22 January 2017|
|Howie||Treasure Hunter Tribal Trials promotion||Use tribal pet token|
|Tomb gorilla||Treasure Hunter Boneyard promotion||Use Tomb gorilla pet token|
|Forsaken graahk||Treasure Hunter Boneyard promotion||Use Forsaken graahk pet token|
|Skeletal bear||Treasure Hunter Boneyard promotion||Use Skeletal bear pet token|
|Joseph||Treasure Hunter Rainbow's End promotion||Use Rainbow pet token|
|Phoenix mimic||Treasure Hunter Phoenix Lamps promotion||Use Phoenix mimic token|
|Agama||PC Gamer Club promotion in August 2019|
|Felix||Treasure Hunter Catwalk promotion||Opening Treasure Hunter or by using any of his outfit tokens|
|Steel panther||Mobile founder's pack|
|Merry||Advent Calendar (2019)||Open 15 doors on the day they become available|
Solomon's General Store pets[edit | edit source]
Summoning your pet[edit | edit source]
All Solomon's General Store pets are accessed and customized through the pet interface. This interface can be accessed via two ways: by right-clicking the summoning icon on the action bar and selecting "pet interface," or by opening the customisations interface and selecting the "pets" tab. Pets can also be summoned without entering the pet interface by right-clicking the summoning icon on the action bar and selecting "summon pet."
Renaming your pet[edit | edit source]
All Solomon's General Store pets can be renamed via the pet interface. Currently, the legendary and companion pets can be renamed to one of the following names:
|Available pet names|
|Mr Punchy||Mr Stampy||Ms Punchy||Ms Stampy||Nemea|
Recolouring your pet[edit | edit source]
Most legendary pets and some companion pets have the option to be recoloured on certain parts of their model.
Companion pets[edit | edit source]
Companion pets may have 16 colour variations and no growth stages. Most companion pets have a unique emote that can be performed by interacting with it by right-clicking the Summoning icon on the action bar (near the minimap in legacy interfaces). Companion pets are also able to override familiars.
|Golden chinchompa||Solomon's General Store||Free:|
|Biscuit||Part of the Nautilus Pack|
|Shadow Fairy Drake||Free:|
Legendary pets[edit | edit source]
|Bloodpouncer||Available with Game Card promotions, the Gold premier club in 2013 and the Premier Club reward token||N/A|
|Skypouncer||Solomon's General Store||Free:|
|Rory the Reindeer||Free:|
|Prime colossus||Twitch Prime promotion in April 2017||N/A|
|Fire Lycan||PC Gamer Club promotion in September 2017||N/A|
|Water lycan||Paid RunePass||N/A|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Legendary pets have several unique abilities, described below. Pets in the baby stage can have one active ability, adolescent pets can have two, and adult pets can have three. Abilities can be switched out at any time unless that ability is on cooldown. Active abilites are switched via the pet interface by clicking on the "Abilities" button at the bottom right corner.
Life Saver, Slayer Finisher, Repair Item and Fertiliser are not available for Ironman accounts.
|Forage||The pet can randomly forage items when they are summoned. This can also be triggered actively. The foraged item is always one of the following:|
|Banking||The pet is able to take an item to your bank; they can take one item every 10 minutes, and a stack of noted items are banked all at once. The pet's ability to bank does not work beyond level 1 Wilderness. If one just crosses the Wilderness wall (and the Wilderness level display does not actually appear; thus can be considered "Wilderness level 0") and does not walk north, then the pet's banking ability still can be used.|
|Scavenge||The pet is able to scavenge dropped items from the moment it is obtained. To access the scavenge feature, 'Interact' with the pet and select 'Convenience', then select 'Scavenge'. When scavenge is selected, a menu interface will appear; the pet will automatically collect charms, but is able to pick up other items too. You can make the pet scavenge: Gold, Runes & Talismans, Herbs & Seeds, Weapons, Armour, Metal Bars & Ore, Bones & Ashes, Raw & Cooked food and Miscellaneous.
The pet will only pick up one item from a slain enemy; if an enemy drops two or more items, the pet will only pick up one. The pet will not always pick up items after a kill. There is a chance that the item picked up by the pet will appear in your bank rather than being in your inventory. This ability has a cooldown of 10 seconds.
To deactivate scavenge, 'interact' with your pet, select 'convenience' and select 'Heel'.
|Life Saver||Your pet will save you from death, as per a ring of life. This does not work in PvP areas and has a two-hour cooldown (logged-in time).|
|Slayer Finisher||Your pet will automatically finish off Slayer monsters that usually require an item, saving you an inventory slot.|
|Item Repair||Once per hour, you can use a repairable degrading item on your pet to repair it immediately. This works – and costs – the same as using the POH armour stand.|
|Beast of Burden||Using a Beast of Burden familiar pouch on the pet allows it to act as a version of that familiar with 10,600 life points and the same time limit. Using multiple pouches on the pet lets you extend the time for up to two hours. Unlike most Beasts of Burden, legendary pets do not use Summoning points. This ability cannot be used in the Wilderness.|
|High Level Alchemy||Once per 10 minutes, use an item on your pet to convert it to coins, as per the High Alchemy spell. This requires 55 Magic, but does not need runes and gives no experience.|
|Fertiliser||Every hour (of logged in time), the pet can be interacted to spawn pet droppings. It can be picked up for six buckets of compost or supercompost if the player is on a member's world. It also has a 1 in 10,000 chance of spawning Mod Daze's homework or Mod Dolan's rubber duck.|
Pet growth[edit | edit source]
All legendary pets have three stages of growth - baby, adolescent, and adult. 900 pet points are required for a legendary pet to reach the adolescent state, and a further 1500 points for it to reach the adult stage. A pet will take approximately 15 hours to reach the adolescent stage and an additional 25 hours to reach the adult stage.
This time can be halved by "playing" with your pet by making it do one of its two emotes. It appears that while the pet is with you, it generates its own pet points up to a cap of 30 points. When this cap is reached, simply making the pet do an emote will allow you to retrieve the generated points, making it possible to raise the pet in half the time. The legendary pets generate their own points that you obtain through doing their emotes. The rate is around a point a minute meaning if you do an emote every 5 minutes, you will get roughly 5 points each time on average. However, the rate at which the pet points are generated is unpredictable; your pet could generate 2 pet points in one minute or no points after several minutes. Also, if you do one pet emote per day, you will get only 30 pet points since you have reached the cap of 30.
Companion and Follower pets do not grow, nor can they be fed.
Emotes[edit | edit source]
Each pet from the store has individual emotes. See their individual pages for details.
Overriding[edit | edit source]
Legendary pets are able to override familiars.
Use and reception[edit | edit source]
When pets were first released, many players complained that pets still required food even when fully grown, unlike the cats, which required no feeding once a kitten had grown up. This was explained as stress on the server as having a pet or familiar out all the time would inevitably slow them down. This is also the reason why timers are implemented and no familiars are visible in high player density areas such as the Grand Exchange. Pets being high maintenance was too much bother to some players that would likely have the ability to own the higher level pets and wouldn't consider keeping them out other than for passive activities. This was especially true for pets with non-stackable food of which is currently the majority. Familiars however filled the gap that many thought pets would take, as skill/combat aids and beasts of burden, leaving pets largely ignored for lack of any ability.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 23 November 2020 (Update):
- patch 28 September 2020 (Update):
- Familiar overrides are now reapplied when the player leaves the Duel Arena.
- hotfix 7 September 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where legendary pet abilities would never come off cooldown if the player logged out or hopped worlds.
- patch 1 September 2020 (Update):
- patch 13 July 2020 (Update):
- The game will now recognise that your pet is summoned when you change its tier.
- patch 20 January 2020 (Update):
- Modernized the look of the banking perk interface on legendary pets.
- patch 9 December 2019 (Update):
- patch 21 October 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that allowed legendary pets to unlock a players inventory.
- patch 14 October 2019 (Update):
- Fixed a bug where pets within the POH Pet House where not displayed correctly
- patch 22 July 2019 (Update):
- Players can now 'use' items on legendary pets, that have been transformed into beasts of burden, to deposit their items in to the beast of burden's inventory.
- patch 25 March 2019 (Update):
- The Legendary Pet scavenge ability will now prioritise the most valuable single item in a stack of loot.
- Updated Revenant Pet's unlock description on pet interface.
- patch 11 March 2019 (Update):
- 'Override Familiars' checkbox choice on the pet interface is now remembered correctly on close and reopen.
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue when dismissing an inventory based follower pet on a F2P world could cause players to disconnect.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Attempting to quickly recolour a previewed pet now works as expected.
- patch 7 January 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue which disconnected the player from the game when trying to summon a pet which is no longer owned.
- update 26 November 2018 (Update):
- Pets you no longer own will now be removed from the summon cycle when you add a new pet to it.
- ninja 17 September 2018 (Update):
- You can now add your pets to a cycle of up to 10 that can be summoned on rotation by using the checkbox on the Pets interface.
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- The Pet interface now defaults to the correct type of pet when opened with a pet summoned.
- ninja 23 July 2018 (Update):
- patch 16 April 2018 (Update):
- patch 9 April 2018 (Update):
- Removed the ability to use a legendary familiar with an infused BoB pouch inside the barrows area.
- Legendary pet information is no longer visible for other types of pets when reopening the pets interface.
- ninja 3 April 2018 (Update):
- patch 4 September 2017 (Update):
- The legendary pet life-saving ability will no longer activate in practice mode boss instances.
- coldfix 3 July 2017 (Update):
- An issue with the familiar action bar not displaying when using Beast of Burden on Legendary pets has been fixed.
- patch 19 June 2017 (Update):
- Pets received in Menaphos will now function correctly on free-to-play worlds.
- patch 23 January 2017 (Update):
- Legendary pets can no longer automatically pick up the Hellfire bow.
- patch 12 December 2016 (Update):
- Follower pets will no longer show food bonuses in the pet interface, as only Legendary pets can eat food.
- patch 21 November 2016 (Update):
- Legendary pets will no longer occasionally delete items they are trying to pick up.
- patch 17 October 2016 (Update):
- Barrows bottleheads now belong in the Pets interface. Access them from the Boss Pets filter on the Customisations interface.
- patch 13 June 2016 (Update):
- patch 16 May 2016 (Update):
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- Item levels and perks will show correctly on augmented items in the pet banking interface.
- patch 8 February 2016 (Update):
- Legendary pet overrides should now correctly reapply after leaving the Duel Arena.
- patch 16 November 2015 (Update):
- patch 2 November 2015 (Update):
- The ferocious ring and legendary pet's Life Saver ability will no longer be used at the same time if the players health drops below 10%.
- patch 5 October 2015 (Update):
- patch 28 September 2015 (Update):
- Using an item - if you have Repair Item and Beast of Burden on your legendary pet - will now have all the expected functionality.
- patch 14 September 2015 (Update):
- Players may now freely summon pets inside the Clan Wars portals.
- The flow of using a legendary pet's beast of burden ability to make it less of a chore.
- Legendary pets using the beast of burden ability now have a static life point pool of 10,600. As such, they can be killed in PvM situations such as Araxxor and Araxxi. They will also abide by the following rules:
- patch 24 August 2015 (Update):
- Players can now reliably dismiss pets that were already summoned upon logging in.
- Pets can now be picked up from the Dismiss menu when familiar options are hidden.
- The Pet Growth XP pop-up display can no longer be clicked.
- Legendary familiars will no longer disappear when interacted with while the Beast of Burden passive ability is active.
- patch 10 August 2015 (Update):
- The Beast of Burden ability timer no longer remains on screen when dismissing a legendary pet.
- Follower pets can no longer use High-Level Alchemy.
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- The animations played on pets overriding nihil familiars have been corrected.
- patch 13 July 2015 (Update):
- Legendary pets with the Beast of Burden ability can once again be used for Make-X purposes.
- patch 29 June 2015 (Update):
- patch 15 June 2015 (Update):
- Players will no longer be told that they don't have any summoning materials when trying to create pouches with a legendary Beast of Burden pet summoned.
- patch 8 June 2015 (Update):
- patch 26 May 2015 (Update):
- Players can no longer deposit or withdraw items from legendary pets that have the Beast of Burden ability activated while in PvP areas.
- patch 18 May 2015 (Update):
- An issue where the legendary pet scavenge ability would delete items if the pet could not find it's owner has been fixed.
- It is no longer possible to store divination memories in a legendary pet's BoB inventory without first using a nightmare muspah pouch on it.
- The 'Toggle All' button of the Legendary pet scavenger options interface now works correctly.
- Pack pigs now use the correct summoning duration for their tier when used on a legendary pet.
- Players can now renew a familiar's timer by sacrificing a pouch at any time, as long as the familiar's timer is not at its maximum.
- Renewing a familiar's timer will now heal its life points.
- patch 11 May 2015 (Update):
- The legendary pet Scavenge ability will now remember your selections after logging out.
- patch 5 May 2015 (Update):
- Added a warning message when trying to extend a legendary pet's Beast of Burden ability regarding the 2 hour cap, and stopped players using up pouches when the timer can increase no further.
- The Legendary pet forage ability no longer states that it is an passive ability, as it is an activated ability.
- Improved the Legendary pet diet. Consequently, the Legendary pet fertiliser ability will now trigger less often.
- Right-click options on pets are now more consistently disabled when leaving instances, cutscenes and logging in.
- Legendary pets will no longer get stuck when trying to pick up a drop.
- Fixed a typo with the legendary pet repair ability.
- Prevented all pets from entering the Lumbridge crater.
- patch 7 April 2015 (Update):
- patch 16 March 2015 (Update):
- Improved the warning message for dismissing a rare pet (such as the Cresbot) so it is clearer that dismissing them sets the pet free.
- patch 9 March 2015 (Update):
- Legendary pets will now only scavenge for items dropped by NPCs killed by their owner, or items dropped by their owner.
- Legendary pets will now only return items if their owner is within range of them.
- patch 16 February 2015 (Update):
- Logging into a free world will now automatically dismiss members-only pets.
- patch 2 February 2015 (Update):
- Players can no longer rename their golden chinchompa to 'Default Name'.
- It is no longer possible to repeatedly call a pet.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Players using familiar scroll abilities with a pet override active will no longer stretch out of proportion.
- Players are no longer able to use Legendary Pet abilities to access their inventory while marooned on the island during Hunt for Red Raktuber.
- patch 27 October 2014 (Update):
- Pets will now return when sent to the bank at the same time as a butler.
- patch 20 October 2014 (Update):
- The icons for pet hunger and growth percentage are now the correct way around.
- Text in the legendary pet banking interface will no longer go off the edge of the interface.
- patch 26 August 2014 (Update):
- A fix has been applied to stop players from being able to cause client disconnects via their pets.
- patch 18 August 2014 (Update):
- patch 3 March 2014 (Update):
- The Clan noticeboard has been updated with several new event places and sub types.
- patch 24 February 2014 (Update):
- Companion pets are now prevented from being placed in the backpack in some circumstances.
- patch 4 February 2014 (Update):
- The title of the chatbox displayed when attempting to drop pets on a free world is now more readable.
- patch 7 January 2014 (Update):
- The warning seen when attempting to dismiss certain rare pets has been clarified.
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- patch 9 July 2013 (Update):
- Pets no longer disappear if you log out and log in while standing in the Grand Exchange.
- patch 5 February 2013 (Update):
- The new pets have been given some extra training on keeping up with their masters.
- patch 14 January 2013 (Update):
- Fixed an issue when selecting Call Pet whilst having a Clan Avatar out.
- patch 3 January 2013 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that caused players to be able to pick up their pets when they shouldn't have been able to.
- update 19 December 2012 (Update):
- Most pets no longer run away as a result of hunger, the exception being pet cats.
- patch 13 June 2012 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to make a non-aggressive follower attack other players.
- patch 21 February 2012 (Update):
- patch 28 September 2011 (Update):
- Players will no longer disconnect if their pet becomes really hungry whilst in a non-human form, such as a penguin suit.
- patch 14 December 2010 (Update):
- Pet chameleons now remember their colour more often when being called.
- patch 5 July 2010 (Update):
- Removed an unnecessary error message from the familiar/follower/pet code.
- patch 11 January 2010 (Update):
- The lunar dream world no longer interferes with pets and their growth status.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Initially, players could have mature god birds of differing gods. God bird ownership was initially limited to one bird for a time, but with the introduction of the menagerie, it became possible to own all three God birds at once.
- Zamorak hawks and Saradomin owls prevent warriors from said allegiances attacking you while in the God Wars Dungeon. This can be extremely useful for players who do not wish to be forced to wear a particular armour showing allegiance to said groups.
- Eek, the reward for completing the 2009 Hallowe'en Event, could be considered the first pet allowed to non-members. However, because Eek won't follow you, she could be considered similar to a pet rock or pet fish. Eek can also be put into the menagerie, where the player has the option to 'Interact' with her, resulting in the same dialogue.
- Eek also became the first F2P pet in OSRS as well, after the release of the 2018 Halloween event.
- Players originally had a limit on the number of pets they could own. This started with 2 pets of different types at level 1 Summoning, along with 2 more for every ten levels starting at level 11. However, the limit on different types of pets was removed on 16 January 2012.
- Prior to the introduction of Summoning, the only pets in Gielinor were cats, fish and pet rocks.
- On 5 December 2016, a bug allowed multiple pets to be summonable. A hotfix made right-clicking pets without owners to be deleted.
- The pet name "Nuke" may be a reference to the pet cat in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker.
- When attempting to rename or recolour an interface pet while the options are locked for them the messages "This pet can not be renamed." and "This pet cannot be recoloured" will respectively be shown in the chatbox. These messages can only be seen through exploiting a bug in the Customisations interface.