This Week in RuneScape, you'll get a sneaky peek at The Nodon Front, the next stage of Elder God Wars. Meanwhile, things are getting Steam-y and, of course, we have the usual array of changes and fixes for you to peruse in the Patch Notes.
The Nodon Front: Reveal Trailer
Did you miss the big reveal last Friday? We've got you covered - you can catch up on the trailer for the Nodon Front, the first battle of the Elder God Wars, right here. Enjoy!
Hungry for more info? Then make your way to the Community tab, where you'll find all the details of our Developer Diary, which goes live tomorrow (July 20th). You'll learn everything you need to know about the Nodon Front, straight from the J-Mods who brought it to life!
In the meanwhile, have a read through this post where we've gone over the basics. Notably, you'll need 92 Slayer before you even think about taking on the Nodon - so get training now!
RuneScape on Steam on Mac!
Phew, what a mouthful that was. Here's the good news: Mac users will be able to play RuneScape on Steam from July 26th. Stay tuned for more information closer to the time.
Can you believe it's been over eight months since we launched on Steam? I think we're all due a nice cuppa. And by pure coincidence, that's actually the theme of our next round of DLC bundles!
Swing by the Steam page to get your hands on the Teatime DLC packs, which contain the Bistromancer Outfit and a fancy clockwork penguin pet named Brewster.
Here's what's in the packs:
Teatime Starter Pack
- 1 Month of Membership
- Bistromancer's Staff
- 15 Treasure Hunter Keys
Teatime Standard Pack
- 3 Months of Membership
- Bistromancer's Outfit
- 50 Treasure Hunter Keys
- RuneScape: The Orchestral Collection
Teatime Max Pack
- 12 Months of Membership
- Bistromancer's Staff
- Bistromancer's Outfit
- Brewster Pet
- 100 Bank Spaces
- 2 Cosmetic Tokens
- 75 Treasure Hunter Keys
- Extra Daily Treasure Hunter Keys
- RuneScape: The Orchestral Collection
The current round of DLC packages will be replaced by the Teatime collection on July 26th - although you'll still be able to purchase certain items using Premier Club Reward Tokens. We'll be adding the Teatime cosmetics to the list of available items in the near future.
On July 20th (that's tomorrow!) the Prime Gaming rewards will be switched up for the summer! You'll be able to redeem not one, but TWO great drops: 7 Days of RuneScape Membership and Clink, the crab pet, plus an Umbral Chest.
To redeem both drops, just link your RuneScape and Prime Gaming accounts, and get ready to claim them when they go live tomorrow! You'll have until August 24th to get your hands on 'em.
Find out more here.
- Reduced the sensitivity of the rotation of the mobile camera.
- This is an experimental feature, and we'd love to hear any feedback you have about it.
- Added an extra movement marker between Davendale's beach and forest to help new players find their way.
- Tapping out of Davendale's dialogue cutscenes will now skip to the end instead of restarting the cutscene.
- Players will now be reminded how to advance to the next page of dialogue when speaking to an NPC for the first time and during Davendale's first cutscene.
- Adjusted the minimum and maximum camera zoom values during the Davendale tutorial to prevent players from getting their camera stuck in unwanted angles. Values will return to normal upon arrival in Burthorpe.
- Villagers will no longer cheer during character creation if the Davendale tutorial was skipped.
- Adjusted the brightness of bloom effects inside the Warforge!
- Increased the area users can tap to send a message on the small chat layout.
- Updated the appearance of the 'Unable to retrieve poll data' error window, visible in the Community tab.
- The Quest List will no longer over-truncate the longer quest names on mobile.
- Tapping 'back' on either the Treasure Hunter or Marketplace interfaces should now correctly push you back towards 'Upgrades & Extras'.
- Fixed an issue that was blocking access to the Quick Action Bar and the Combat Settings on the HUD.
- Spam-tapping on newly-opened menu interfaces will no longer close them.
- Users' names and titles will now display correctly on the Home menu.
- It is now possible to save different font sizes for the Chat window on PC and mobile.
- The Group Invitation window now has an 'x' button to close it.
- The Achievement banner will no longer appear if the Chat window is open.
- Graphically updated the Seren Crystal, Dark Crystal, Iorwerth Warrior and Iorwerth Elite Warrior cosmetic outfits.
- You will now receive a warning message when attempting to use a Dwarven Tool in resource mode on a divine location while the 'Shared Knowledge' buff is active. Previously, the buffs would wipe each other out and players would lose both benefits while still consuming tool charges.
- The Membership Upgrade button has been removed from the PC version of the game.
- Slaying cows in the paddock will now contribute to the Burthorpe Path task Til the Cows Come Home'.
- Made graphical fixes to the Cadarn and Hefin Ranger Outfits.
- Special Attack energy will no longer be decreased by 5% when leaving combat while in Legacy Combat mode.
- Players will now receive the correct cosmetic tokens when skilling at The Beach. All incorrect tokens will be swapped out upon login.
- The Minimap will no longer refresh at every stage of Tutorial Island.
- Exiting to the lobby within a Clan Citadel will no longer log players out.
- Summoning Focus components can now be traded individually.
- Pets will no longer randomly disappear after teleporting from The Shadow Reef.
- Agoroth will now appear on schedule after killing all four tentacles during his boss fight.
- The Gnomeball referee has had a stern talking to about stealing players' personal Gnomeballs and will now correctly return them after they leave the pitch.
- Players are now able to equip weapons after teleporting from the Gnomeball field.
- The set effect for Linza the Disgraced's Equipment will now trigger correctly.
- Using Quickchat phrases in Clan Chat will no longer cause crashes.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect chat phrased were being sent in non-local Chat windows.
- Getting a new Slayer Task from Sumona will no longer cause unexpected logouts.
- Hotfixed: Inactive stackable Scrimshaws can no longer be combined with active ones for free additional time.
- The 'Cease' ability no longer causes the player character to forget their main target, which was causing unintended effects.
- The 'Cease' ability buff is now correctly removed after attacking again.
- The 'Last Selected Achievement' feature will now account for in-focus Meta Achievements, and will keep them expanded.
- Fixed a graphical issue with the Softpunk Hairstyle.
Tuesday July 20th | 16:00 Game Time | The Nodon Front Developer Diary
Excited for Elder God Wars? Then you won't want to miss this short video all about the first stage of this epic saga, featuring never-before-seen footage and commentary from the J-Mods themselves.
Wednesday July 21st | 16:00 Game Time | Lore Stream
Our J-Mods are trying out Discord's Stages feature! Head to the Official Discord to see this special livestream where they'll be talking about the lore behind Elder God Wars. Best of all, you'll be able to ask questions live from the audience - so don't miss out!
Ever wondered how far you could get on just one Bond? Well, Laser Shark has a new series dedicated to finding out! You can watch episode one of 14 Days, A RuneScape Experiment below.
Oh hey, it's Commander Zilyana - but something looks a little different here, doesn't it? Artist Nina Ray has peeked into an alternate dimension to bring us this lavishly detailed portrait of Zilyana, corrupted by the forces of evil. And we LOVE IT, despite the evil-ness. Or perhaps because of it! OK, who's next?
Pink Skirts Event
In this week's featured Pink Skirts event, MadClikr, Tuzzy Jake and the Lil Tuzzies Clan will be taking on Vindicta! You can join them this Friday, July 23rd, from 13:00 - 14:00 Game Time on World 85 at the Heart of Gielinor Zaros Lobby. Best of luck!
If you'd like to get the drop on forthcoming Pink Skirts events, there's a full calendar on their page!
This week's Shout-Out goes to the Elite Dungeon Teams Discord! This is a non-toxic, learner-friendly Discord dedicated to helping players find teams to run the Elite Dungeons with. You'll also find achievement guides, boss strategies, and loads of other useful info.
- The RuneScape Team