|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|A heap of ashes.|
|Exchange||130 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Ashes, called fyreneght by some scientists, appear when a fire burns out, by picking the White lily or as the end result of smouldering Fever grass, Lavender, or Tansymum. Fire spirits can also provide noted Ashes as a potential reward from bonfire-training.
Burning lines of cheap logs, (such as maple logs at 244 coins) is an effective way of obtaining large amounts of ashes. If players own a cat, hunting hellrats rewards them with ashes for each kill, which can potentially be even faster than log burning.
Members-only uses[edit | edit source]
- They are used in the Shades of Mort'ton and Desert Treasure quests.
- They are used to make Serum 207.
- They are used with a Fruit blast to make a Dirty blast for the first part of the Recipe for Disaster quest.
- They are used as food for the Phoenix eggling and the Abyssal minion.
- Used with the Phoenix familiar's scroll, Rise from the ashes, to activate its special move. (To use the special move, the ashes must be on the ground.)
- Could also be used during the Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf quest. (item from Rowdy dwarf)
Free-to-play uses[edit | edit source]
- They can be crushed with a Pestle and mortar to make a Ground ashes, awarding the player with 1 Herblore experience (if the level cap hasn't been reached), used to dust the character's hands. This helps when throwing a shotput in the Warriors' Guild for better grip.
Products[edit | edit source]
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Default disassembly items|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 4 January 2012 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to grind fishing bait or ashes on a free world.