|Release date||14 August 2012 (Update)|
|Colour variations||Unknown edit|
|Examine||The magical, living essence of the floating island.|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The clan avatar is a members-only pet available for clans. They were first announced in the 2012 August Behind the Scenes. Avatars are made out of elemental forces, providing boosts, buffs and protection to clan members while summoned.
Avatar habitat[edit | edit source]
In order to use a clan avatar around the surface world, an avatar habitat must be built for them, which come in basic, medium, and grand forms. The resource requirements to build habitats are:
- Basic - Tier 1 citadel, 3000 timber
- Medium - Tier 4 citadel, 30,000 timber, 30,000 precious bars
- Grand - Tier 7 citadel, 30,000 timber, 30,000 precious bars, 30,000 rations
If the citadel becomes dilapidated, the avatars will become inaccessible.
Customisation[edit | edit source]
Avatars display their clan's logo and colours automatically, but the appearance of an avatar can be changed manually. Changing the appearance of an avatar doesn't cost anything and can be done at any time.
Each of the nine parts of an avatar may incorporate any of the four elements—earth, water, fire or air. Each avatar requires a head, as well as an upper and lower body, while the other parts are removable.
To customise an avatar, a clan member must first be granted the Customise Avatar permission in Clan Settings. They may then interact with the Avatar Control Stone in the citadel and customise it from there.
Summoning[edit | edit source]
Any clan member may summon an avatar by interacting with the Avatar Control Stone, selecting a buff, and then summoning the avatar from their pet interface via the Follower Pets tab if the buff is active.
Prior to an update on 30 July 2018, to summon a clan avatar, a clan member must have held a rank of Administrator or higher and must have been assigned the Avatar Warden job through Clan settings, under Clanmates. Clans could not have more than one avatar summoned in any game world, however multiple avatars were able to be summoned in their citadel.
Buffs[edit | edit source]
Buffs may be activated per clan member by interacting with the Avatar Control Stone and selecting Activate your weekly buff. Players can only have one weekly buff activated at a time, however they may change their active buff at any time.
|Skill Plot Bonus||50% more resources from skilling in the citadel; this does not increase the cap for the individual, but instead increases the rate of resources produced. Note that experience gained per action does not change, so after reaching your cap you will have received only half the experience.|
|Skilling Bonus||Between 3% and 6% more experience for skilling. This consists of a base 3% bonus, increasing by 1% per fealty level.|
Skilling bonus[edit | edit source]
The Avatar Skilling Buff stacks with the following:
- Bonus experience from Stealing Creation, Clan Citadels, Fallen stars, etc
- POH altars
- Enhanced yaktwee stick
- Valentine's Slam
- Refer-a-Friend bonus
The Avatar Skilling Buff does not work with the following:
- Players wielding a greegree
- Penguin points
- Experience lamps
- Quest rewards such as the experience earned from creating the first of each Illuminated god book
- Pyramid Plunder
Citadel Resource Gathering[edit | edit source]
The clan citadels were originally the flying fortresses of the aviansie, so Armadyl would have had his throne up there somewhere. Since the magic of the citadels is Armadyl's, it makes sense that the avatars are made by Armadyl too! Hope that makes sense.
Mod Osborne, RuneScape Forums
Clan avatars can also collect in the Citadel when summoned as a familiar. The resource gathered by these can be selected by a clan member with the rank sufficient to change this rank. To do this, if you have the rank interact with the Avatar Control Stone, select the Gather resources option and select the desired resource you wish the avatar to collect. Once set to gather, the Avatar will only continue to gather anywhere in the citadel except the Battlefield.
It is unknown at what rate resources are collect when summoned in the citadel and it is unknown how the avatar cap is calculated at this time however the amount that avatars have gathered can be viewed in the clan log viewed by those with the needed rank by right clicking the clan information button.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Originally, the avatar occupied the follower slot. They could be summoned from the avatar habitat by an avatar warden, a clan job restricted to administrators. The buffs only activated when the avatar was summoned and required the player being on the same world as the warden with the avatar, and required a weekly payment of 300 anagogic orts. Additionally, avatars were larger and could be clicked on by members not associated with the appropriate clan. Additionally, there were seven buffs available - Skill Plot Bonus, Skilling Bonus, Heal Over Time, Familiar Faces, Auto Ort, Random Resurrection, and Protector.
Familiar Faces doubles the familiar's timer when summoned in range of the avatar. Entering the area of effect with a summoned familiar, or summoning a creature within the area of effect, doubled the time for which they could be active. The effect was lost if you left the area of effect.
Skill Plot Bonus originally only boosted resource collection by 10% and Skilling Boost gave 3% bonus experience to clan members on the same world, doubling to 6% for those within range of the avatar.
The option to recall avatars was also added. This allowed clan members of the appropriate rank to remove avatars from wardens, such as if they had logged out without first dismissing the avatar.
On 30 June 2018, the avatar was converted to an interface follower. Additionally anagogic orts and several underused buffs were removed, and the Skilling Boost perk changed to depend on a clan member's contribution to the citadel - 3% base experience boost, with an additional 1% boost per fealty.
Originally clan avatars can also collect in the Citadel. To do this interact with the Avatar Control Stone and then select the Gather resources option. They collect whichever resource is assigned to it, at one ninetieth of resource cap per 45 seconds (i.e., [1/90] * resource limit). There is a resource cap, the same amount as clan members for the clan's Citadel (e.g. 2000 for Tier 5 storehouse, 2350 for Tier 6, and so on). Once set to gather, the Avatar will continue to gather anywhere in the citadel except the Battlefield.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- update 19 November 2018 (Update):
- When right click examining a clan avatar, show that clan's information to the player in an interface.
- Allow clan avatars to contribute more clan resources every 20 - 30 seconds, for example a Tier 7 Storehouse will now have 15 clan resources added each time whereas previously it was 5.
- patch 19 November 2018 (Update):
- Fixed the clan avatar customise permission tooltip.
- Clan avatars can now be dismissed on the first attempt via the Pets interface.
- update 30 July 2018 (Update):
- The Skill Plot Bonus buff now produces 50% more resources.
- Players can now summon their own personal clan avatar.
- patch 9 July 2018 (Update):
- Temporarily increased the resource buff that a clan avatar attuned with the Skill Plot Bonus gives (previously 10%, now 100%) in advance of the Avatar rework.
- patch 8 January 2018 (Update):
- Players will no longer repeatedly see the message: 'You cannot fight other people's followers here' when using AOE abilities with a clan avatar nearby.
- patch 10 April 2017 (Update):
- A clan avatar player XP boost icon and world XP boost icon were added to the buff bar.
- patch 8 February 2016 (Update):
- A runestone has been added to the Avatar habitat that allows clan members with correct permissions to recall avatars back to citadel. Wherever the avatar is it will be de-summoned and will immediately return to the citadel.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When trying to bring the clan avatar into the Tears of Guthix minigame, Juna, the guardian, says "I will not allow that creation of Armadyl into this cave".
- Ironman accounts can not benefit from the buffs of a clan avatar. Attempting to do so will result in the clan messages "The Avatar ignores you as you are in Ironman Mode".
- When trying to bring the clan avatar into the Fish Flingers Competition, the Fisherman will say "Umm, sorry, but you can't take that, erm, floaty thing with you..."
- When trying to bring the clan avatar into The Crucible, a game message will state "Your clan avatar is repelled by the dark entrance and refuses to enter. You'll need to dismiss it."
- Clan avatars couldn't be attacked by clan members. Only non-clan members can attack it. When it died, it simply respawned back in the citadel.
- Clan avatars can collect resources from skill plots that have not been built yet, but the skill plot has to be in the upgrades queue for the avatar to collect the resources from that skill plot.
|Buildings and features|
|Customisation and costs|