|Release date||14 August 2012 (Update)|
|Examine||The magical, living essence of the floating island.|
|NPC ID||25645, 25646|
|Links||MRID MRND25645 MRND25646|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The clan avatar is a members-only pet available for clans. They were first announced in the 2012 August Behind the Scenes news post. Avatars are made out of elemental forces. They used to provide buffs but this feature was replaced by the Avatar control stone.
Avatar habitat[edit | edit source]
In order to use a clan avatar around the surface world, an avatar habitat must be built for them, which come in basic, medium, and grand forms. The resource requirements to build habitats are:
- Basic - Tier 1 citadel, 3000 timber
- Medium - Tier 4 citadel, 30,000 timber and 30,000 precious bars
- Grand - Tier 7 citadel, 30,000 timber, 30,000 precious bars, and 30,000 rations
If the citadel becomes dilapidated, the avatars will become inaccessible.
Customisation[edit | edit source]
Avatars display their clan's logo and colours automatically, but the appearance of an avatar can be changed manually. Changing the appearance of an avatar doesn't cost anything and can be done at any time.
Each of the nine parts of an avatar may incorporate any of the four elements—earth, water, fire or air. Each avatar requires a head, as well as an upper and lower body, while the other parts are removable.
To customise an avatar, a clan member must first be granted the "Customise Avatar" permission in Clan Settings. They may then interact with the Avatar Control Stone in the citadel and customise it from there.
Summoning[edit | edit source]
Any clan member may summon the avatar from their pet interface via the Follower Pets tab, after having selected a buff from the Avatar Control Stone.
Buffs[edit | edit source]
Buffs may be activated per clan member by interacting with the Avatar Control Stone and selecting "Activate your weekly buff". Players can only have one weekly buff activated at a time; however, they can change their active buff at any time. After the update on 30 July 2018, players no longer need to have the clan avatar summoned to gain buffs, and instead can activate the buff via the avatar control stone.
|Skill Plot resource bonus||Increases the resources gathered from skill plots by 50% in the citadel; this does not increase the individual resource cap, but instead increases the rate of resources produced. Note that experience gained per action does not change, so players will have received only two-thirds the experience after reaching their cap.|
|Experience boost||Increases the experience gained by 3%, increasing by 1% per fealty level, up to a maximum of 6%. The boost works anywhere in the game and is not limited to the citadel.|
Experience boost[edit | edit source]
The Avatar experience boost stacks with the following:
- Bonus experience from Stealing Creation, Clan Citadels, Fallen stars, etc
- POH altars
- Enhanced yaktwee stick
- Valentine's Slam
- Refer-a-Friend bonus
The Avatar experience boost does not work with the following:
- Players wielding a greegree
- Penguin points
- Experience lamps
- Quest rewards such as the experience earned from creating the first of each Illuminated god book
- Pyramid Plunder
Citadel resource gathering[edit | edit source]
The clan citadels were originally the flying fortresses of the aviansie, so Armadyl would have had his throne up there somewhere. Since the magic of the citadels is Armadyl's, it makes sense that the avatars are made by Armadyl too! Hope that makes sense.
Mod Osborne, RuneScape Forums
Clan avatars can also collect resources in the citadel when summoned as a familiar. The resource they gather can be selected by clan members who have the "add a buff to the Clan Avatar" permission. To select or change which resource is gathered, interact with the Avatar Control Stone, select the "Gather resources" option and select the desired resource. Once set to gather, summoned avatars will continue to gather anywhere in the citadel, with the exception of the battlefield.
When summoned in the citadel, an avatar will collect resources every 20 to 30 seconds. The amount of resources gathered each time depends on the storehouse tier (e.g. a tier 7 storehouse will have 15 clan resources added each time). The resource cap of avatars depends on the avatar habitat tier as well as the storehouse tier, and is shared across all avatars.
The amount or resources that avatars have gathered can be viewed in the clan log, accessed by right clicking the clan information button.
|Storehouse tier||Habitat tier|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Originally, the avatar occupied the follower slot. They could be summoned from the avatar habitat by an avatar warden, a clan job restricted to administrators. The buffs only activated when the avatar was summoned and required the player being on the same world as the warden with the avatar, and required a weekly payment of 300 anagogic orts. Additionally, avatars were larger and could be clicked on by members not associated with the appropriate clan. Additionally, there were seven buffs available - Skill Plot Bonus, Skilling Bonus, Heal Over Time, Familiar Faces, Auto Ort, Random Resurrection, and Protector.
Familiar Faces doubles the familiar's timer when summoned in range of the avatar. Entering the area of effect with a summoned familiar, or summoning a creature within the area of effect, doubled the time for which they could be active. The effect was lost if you left the area of effect.
Skill Plot Bonus originally only boosted resource collection by 10% and Skilling Boost gave 3% bonus experience to clan members on the same world, doubling to 6% for those within range of the avatar.
The option to recall avatars was also added. This allowed clan members of the appropriate rank to remove avatars from wardens, such as if they had logged out without first dismissing the avatar.
On 30 June 2018, the avatar was converted to an interface follower. Additionally anagogic orts and several underused buffs were removed, and the Skilling Boost perk changed to depend on a clan member's contribution to the citadel - 3% base experience boost, with an additional 1% boost per fealty.
Historical interfaces and effects[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- The Clan avatar buff will once again show buff percentage on the icon.
- The Clan avatar buff icon will no longer disappear after logging out.
- update 19 November 2018 (Update):
- When right click examining a clan avatar, show that clan's information to the player in an interface.
- Allow clan avatars to contribute more clan resources every 20 - 30 seconds, for example a Tier 7 Storehouse will now have 15 clan resources added each time whereas previously it was 5.
- Fixed the clan avatar customise permission tooltip.
- Clan avatars can now be dismissed on the first attempt via the Pets interface.
- patch 6 August 2018 (Update):
- Ironmen will now get a 50% skill plot boost when attuning to the stone in their Clan Citadel.
- Checking your Clan Log will now show the progress of your Clan Avatar's gathering.
- A clan system broadcast will be sent when you hit 100% of resources your Avatar has gathered to show the Clan's Avatar gathering progress.
- Ironmen can now gather resources for your Clan using their Avatar.
- update 30 July 2018 (Update):
- The Skill Plot Bonus buff now produces 50% more resources.
- Players can now summon their own personal clan avatar.
- patch 30 July 2018 (Update):
- The Avatar Warden Job title is no longer required to summon an avatar
- You can now activate your weekly buff at your Avatar Control Stone located near your Avatar Habitat, once activated you can choose between a base XP boost of 3% which can increase up to an additional 3% XP if your Fealty is rank 1, 2 or 3 OR a Skill Plot Bonus which increases the clan resources gained from that Skill Plot by 50%, whichever buff you choose lasts a week and can be switched out and/or renewed at any time (Note: you do not need an Avatar out to benefit from either of these bonuses), however if you wish you'll be able summon the Avatar as a pet via the Follower Pets tab if your buff is active.
- The buff icon for a Clan XP boost now only shows one icon and the total % of additional XP you're getting.
- Clans with a Avatar Habitat are no longer capped to three Avatars, each player can now have one each if they wish, the Clan Avatar is now accessible via the Pets > Follower Pets window (Note: You need a Avatar Habitat active, as well as activating your weekly boost to see this).
- You no longer need to pay for Clan Buffs, as a result you will no longer be able to collect Anagogic Orts, you can still check them out in your Currency Pouch.
- The Avatar Gather resources action can now be accessed via the Avatar Control Stone at your Avatar Habitat.
- You can now customise your avatar options via the Avatar Control Stone located near your Avatar Habitat, once you've confirmed your Avatar changes you'll be informed that your Clan will receive your changes shortly.
- Clan admins can customise the clan's avatars' appearance at the control stone.
- Avatars will gather while summoned as pets in the Citadel, gathering the currently set resource, up to a weekly maximum shared by the clan which scales based on the Habitat tier.
- If you store the Clan Avatar in your Menagerie it'll have a special appearance for the time it's there.
- A buff icon has been added which shows when your Skill plot bonus is active.
- The following clan avatar buffs have been removed:
- Heal Over Time
- Familiar Faces
- Auto Ort
- Random Resurrection
- patch 9 July 2018 (Update):
- Temporarily increased the resource buff that a clan avatar attuned with the Skill Plot Bonus gives (previously 10%, now 100%) in advance of the Avatar rework.
- patch 8 January 2018 (Update):
- Players will no longer repeatedly see the message: 'You cannot fight other people's followers here' when using AOE abilities with a clan avatar nearby.
- patch 2 October 2017 (Update):
- Clan avatars are now treated as a familiar in PvP combat. This means that abilities such as aftershock (and other AOE abilities) won't skull players.
- patch 10 April 2017 (Update):
- A clan avatar player XP boost icon and world XP boost icon were added to the buff bar.
- patch 25 April 2016 (Update):
- Clan avatars will no longer disappear when leaving a player-owned house.
- ninja 4 April 2016 (Update):
- Clan avatars are now summoned for up to 23 hours to match the maximum login session length, unless dismissed manually.
- patch 8 February 2016 (Update):
- A runestone has been added to the Avatar habitat that allows clan members with correct permissions to recall avatars back to citadel. Wherever the avatar is it will be de-summoned and will immediately return to the citadel.
- patch 15 December 2014 (Update):
- Clan avatars are now smaller, and the right click options are now hidden for players not in the relevant clan except in PvP situations.
- patch 18 August 2014 (Update):
- The clan avatar options are now accessible again from the summoning icon when in Legacy Mode.
- patch 7 April 2014 (Update):
- Clan avatars will no longer disappear when teleporting from a Player-Owned House.
- patch 24 March 2014 (Update):
- Clan avatars will no longer disappear when teleporting from a Player-Owned House.
- patch 20 August 2013 (Update):
- The Dwarf multicannon no longer targets clan avatars in areas it shouldn't.
- patch 28 January 2013 (Update):
- Clan Avatar buff icons from recently dismissed avatars will no longer appear in the Choose Buff interface for the next summon.
- patch 14 January 2013 (Update):
- Fixed an issue when selecting Call Pet whilst having a clan avatar out.
- patch 11 December 2012 (Update):
- The Dwarf Multicannon no longer targets Clan Avatars in areas it shouldn't.
- patch 9 October 2012 (Update):
- Clan Avatars will no longer disappear in north-east Falador, and other areas used in Court Cases.
- patch 28 August 2012 (Update):
- Clan Avatar XP boosts with XP boosting gear equipped now works more consistently.
- patch 21 August 2012 (Update):
- The Clan Avatar 3% buff is now reapplied more consistently when it returns from being hidden.
- The Clan Avatar handbooks have been added to player's bookcases in their Player Owned House.
- Some Clan Avatar-related quickchat messages have been added.
- The Clan Avatar expiry timer (where Avatar Wardens log out without dismissing the Clan Avatar first) has been reduced from 24 to 6 hours.
- patch 13 June 2012 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to make a non-aggressive follower attack other players.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When trying to bring the clan avatar into the Tears of Guthix minigame, Juna, the guardian, says "I will not allow that creation of Armadyl into this cave".
- Ironman accounts can not benefit from the buffs of a clan avatar. Attempting to do so will result in the clan messages "The Avatar ignores you as you are in Ironman Mode".
- When trying to bring the clan avatar into the Fish Flingers Competition, the Fisherman will say "Umm, sorry, but you can't take that, erm, floaty thing with you..."
- When trying to bring the clan avatar into The Crucible, a game message will state "Your clan avatar is repelled by the dark entrance and refuses to enter. You'll need to dismiss it."
- Clan avatars couldn't be attacked by clan members. Only non-clan members can attack it. When it died, it simply respawned back in the citadel.
- Clan avatars can collect resources from skill plots that have not been built yet, but the skill plot has to be in the upgrades queue for the avatar to collect the resources from that skill plot.
|Buildings and features|
|Customisation and costs|