Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Release||11 July 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||4 coins|
|Low alch||3 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside dangerous area|
|A potato seed - plant in an allotment. Used in Farming (1).|
|Exchange||358 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
Potato seeds are the first seeds able to be grown in Farming. They can be used to grow potatoes by planting three seeds together in an allotment patch.
There are quite a bit of places you can run across these seeds, some being;
- Randomly while picking potatoes from a field
- Pickpocketing master farmers or farmers
- Purchasing or stealing them from Olivia's seed stall in Draynor Village
- Purchasing them from Head Farmer Jones
- Occasionally receiving them as a reward when running favours for the Wise Old Man
You can purchase up to 500 potato seeds every 4 hours on the Grand Exchange.
A nearby gardener will ask for 2 buckets of compost per allotment patch to watch over your growing potatoes. Planting marigolds or white lilies will also prevent nearby potato plants from becoming diseased.
Farming[edit | edit source]
|1||Allotment patch, Potato patch||Potato plant||Potato|
|Item||Seed per plant [?]||Price per seed||Price per plant|
|N/A||8 XP||N/A||9 XP per action|
|Protection of disease (any of the following options) [?]|
|2 × Compost[f 1]||418|
|Marigold on neighbouring Flower Patch||377|
|White lily on neighbouring Flower Patch||N/A|
|Cycles||Cycle length||Total time||Regrowth per item|
|4||10 minutes||40 minutes|
|Harvest lives [?]||Yield per harvest||Growth potion||Rapid Growth|
|Raw potato||3 - 56||1,195||3,585 - 66,920|
|Produce with harvest potion|
|Sweet potato||3 - 56||1,684||5,052 - 94,304|
- ^ 1 with master farmer outfit.
Growth stages[edit | edit source]
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
Store locations[edit | edit source]
This is an auto-generated list (update now). For a full list, see here. For help, see the FAQ.
|Coeden's Seed Store||Prifddinas||8||Coins||10|
|Draynor Seed Market||Draynor Village||8||Coins||10|
|Head Farmer Jones's Farming Shop||Taverley||8||Coins||10|
|Head Farmer Jones's Farming Shop||? (edit)||Free sample||-||3|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||98.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Potatoes are usually grown from tubers, not seeds; it is possible that the incorrect term was used by Jagex for simplicity and consistency in naming.
- Grand Exchange items
- Items that can be disassembled
- Items that are always kept outside the Wilderness on death
- Stackable items
- Tradeable items
- Items dropped by monster
- Items that disassemble into Organic parts
- Items that disassemble into Living components
- Disassemble category/seeds
- Sample item