Legendary pets are interface pets that differ from companion and follower pets for their abilities that can help the player in many different ways.
List of legendary pets[edit | edit source]
|Bloodpouncer||Available with Game Card promotions, the Gold premier club in 2013 and the Premier reward token||N/A|
|Skypouncer||Removed from Solomon's General Store in 2017.|
|Dragon Wolf||Solomon's General Store|
|Rory the Reindeer|
|Prime colossus||Twitch Prime promotion in April 2017||N/A|
|Fire Lycan||PC Gamer Club promotion in September 2017, now Marketplace for 50K Oddments||N/A|
|Water lycan||Paid RunePass, now Marketplace for 50K Oddments||N/A|
|Luma||Fresh Start Worlds Reward Shop||N/A|
Abilities[edit | edit source]
Legendary pets have several unique abilities, described below. Pets in the baby stage can have one active ability, adolescent pets can have two, and adult pets can have three. Abilities can be switched out at any time unless that ability is on cooldown. Active abilities are switched via the pet interface by clicking on the "Abilities" button at the bottom right corner.
Life Saver, Slayer Finisher, Repair Item and Fertiliser are not available for Ironman accounts.
|Forage||The pet can randomly forage items when they are summoned. This can also be triggered actively. The foraged item is always one of the following:|
|Banking||The pet is able to take an item to your bank; they can take one item every 10 minutes, and a stack of noted items are banked all at once. The pet's ability to bank does not work beyond level 1 Wilderness. If one just crosses the Wilderness wall (and the Wilderness level display does not actually appear; thus can be considered "Wilderness level 0") and does not walk north, then the pet's banking ability still can be used.|
|Scavenge||The pet is able to scavenge dropped items from the moment it is obtained. To access the scavenge feature, 'Interact' with the pet and select 'Convenience', then select 'Scavenge'. When scavenge is selected, a menu interface will appear; the pet will automatically collect charms, but is able to pick up other items too. You can make the pet scavenge: Gold, Runes & Talismans, Herbs & Seeds, Weapons, Armour, Metal Bars & Ore, Bones & Ashes, Raw & Cooked food and Miscellaneous.
The pet will only pick up one item from a slain enemy; if an enemy drops two or more items, the pet will only pick up one. The pet will not always pick up items after a kill. There is a chance that the item picked up by the pet will appear in your bank rather than being in your inventory. This ability has a cooldown of 10 seconds.
To deactivate scavenge, 'interact' with your pet, select 'convenience' and select 'Heel'.
|Life Saver||Your pet will save you from death, as per a ring of life. This does not work in PvP areas and has a two-hour cooldown (logged-in time).|
|Slayer Finisher||Your pet will automatically finish off Slayer monsters that usually require an item, saving you a right-click action and/or an inventory slot.|
|Item Repair||Once per hour, you can use a repairable degrading item on your pet to repair it immediately. This works – and costs – the same as using the POH armour stand.|
|Beast of Burden||Using a Beast of Burden familiar pouch on the pet allows it to act as a version of that familiar in terms of time limit and storage capacity. The pet will always have 45,000 life points, regardless of which pouch is used. Using multiple pouches on the pet lets you extend the time for up to two hours by whatever the duration is of the pouch used. The carrying capacity can be extended by using a pouch with more storage capacity than the first pouch used. The new capacity will be set to the capacity of the pouch used. Using a pouch with a smaller capacity will not reduce the pets carrying capacity. Unlike most Beasts of Burden, legendary pets do not use Summoning points.|
|High Level Alchemy||Once per 10 minutes, use an item on your pet to convert it to coins, as per the High Alchemy spell. This requires 55 Magic, but does not need runes and gives no experience.|
|Fertiliser||Every hour (of logged in time), the pet can be interacted to spawn pet droppings. It can be picked up for six buckets of compost or supercompost if the player is on a member's world. It also has a 1 in 10,000 chance of spawning Mod Daze's homework or Mod Dolan's rubber duck.|
Pet growth[edit | edit source]
All legendary pets have three stages of growth - baby, adolescent, and adult. 900 pet points are required for a legendary pet to reach the adolescent state, and a further 1500 points for it to reach the adult stage. A pet will take approximately 15 hours to reach the adolescent stage and an additional 25 hours to reach the adult stage.
This time can be halved by "playing" with your pet by making it do one of its two emotes. It appears that while the pet is with you, it generates its own pet points up to a cap of 30 points. When this cap is reached, simply making the pet do an emote will allow you to retrieve the generated points, making it possible to raise the pet in half the time. The legendary pets generate their own points that you obtain through doing their emotes. The rate is around a point a minute meaning if you do an emote every 5 minutes, you will get roughly 5 points each time on average. However, the rate at which the pet points are generated is unpredictable; your pet could generate 2 pet points in one minute or no points after several minutes. Also, if you do one pet emote per day, you will get only 30 pet points since you have reached the cap of 30.
Although a legendary pet does not need to be fed like normal pets, feeding it a tasty treat will increase the rate at which it grows by 50%, and feeding it a jelly treat will increase it by 100%. Feeding a Growth Surge to a legendary pet will instantly advance it to the next growth stage.
Companion and Follower pets do not grow, nor can they be fed.
Emotes[edit | edit source]
Each pet from the store has individual emotes. See their individual pages for details.
Overriding[edit | edit source]
Legendary pets are able to override familiars, and can themselves have their appearance overriden by other interface pets.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 27 February 2023 (Update):
- Legendary pets with the scavenge ability no longer place drops into the player's inventory during the Croesus encounter.
- patch 4 October 2021 (Update):
- The names of follower overrides now appear in the examine text for the follower they're overriding.
- patch 19 July 2021 (Update):
- Pets will no longer randomly disappear after teleporting from The Shadow Reef.
- hotfix 5 July 2021 (Update):
- Players can no longer override Legendary Pets with other Legendary Pets.
- patch 5 July 2021 (Update):
- Entering a Player Owned House with a Legendary Pet will no longer revert any visual overrides.
- ninja 28 June 2021 (Update):
- The appearance of Legendary Pets can now be overridden with companion, boss, and skilling pets.
- This option is accessed via a new checkbox on the Pets interface.
- Overridden pets will behave almost exactly as usual but won't be able to fight other Legendary Pets.
- The appearance of Legendary Pets can now be overridden with companion, boss, and skilling pets.
- patch 21 June 2021 (Update):
- ninja 14 June 2021 (Update):
- Legendary pets with the Beast of Burden ability can now be turned into Beasts of Burden by left-clicking or tapping the pouch.
- patch 17 May 2021 (Update):
- Several pets can now be summoned on free-to-play worlds.
- It is no longer possible to use a growth surge on an adult legendary pet under certain circumstances.
- patch 23 November 2020 (Update):
- patch 28 September 2020 (Update):
- Familiar overrides are now reapplied when the player leaves the Duel Arena.
- hotfix 7 September 2020 (Update):
- Fixed an issue where legendary pet abilities would never come off cooldown if the player logged out or hopped worlds.
- patch 1 September 2020 (Update):
- patch 13 July 2020 (Update):
- The game will now recognise that your pet is summoned when you change its tier.
- patch 20 January 2020 (Update):
- Modernized the look of the banking perk interface on legendary pets.
- patch 21 October 2019 (Update):
- Fixed an issue that allowed legendary pets to unlock a players inventory.
- patch 14 October 2019 (Update):
- Fixed a bug where pets within the POH Pet House where not displayed correctly
- patch 22 July 2019 (Update):
- Players can now 'use' items on legendary pets, that have been transformed into beasts of burden, to deposit their items in to the beast of burden's inventory.
- patch 25 March 2019 (Update):
- The Legendary Pet scavenge ability will now prioritise the most valuable single item in a stack of loot.
- patch 11 March 2019 (Update):
- 'Override Familiars' checkbox choice on the pet interface is now remembered correctly on close and reopen.
- patch 14 January 2019 (Update):
- Attempting to quickly recolour a previewed pet now works as expected.
- update 26 November 2018 (Update):
- Pets you no longer own will now be removed from the summon cycle when you add a new pet to it.
- ninja 17 September 2018 (Update):
- You can now add your pets to a cycle of up to 10 that can be summoned on rotation by using the checkbox on the Pets interface.
- patch 28 August 2018 (Update):
- The Pet interface now defaults to the correct type of pet when opened with a pet summoned.
- patch 9 April 2018 (Update):
- Removed the ability to use a legendary familiar with an infused BoB pouch inside the barrows area.
- Legendary pet information is no longer visible for other types of pets when reopening the pets interface.
- patch 4 September 2017 (Update):
- The legendary pet life-saving ability will no longer activate in practice mode boss instances.
- coldfix 3 July 2017 (Update):
- An issue with the familiar action bar not displaying when using Beast of Burden on Legendary pets has been fixed.
- patch 23 January 2017 (Update):
- Legendary pets can no longer automatically pick up the Hellfire bow.
- patch 12 December 2016 (Update):
- Follower pets will no longer show food bonuses in the pet interface, as only Legendary pets can eat food.
- patch 21 November 2016 (Update):
- Legendary pets will no longer occasionally delete items they are trying to pick up.
- patch 13 June 2016 (Update):
- patch 7 March 2016 (Update):
- Item levels and perks will show correctly on augmented items in the pet banking interface.
- patch 8 February 2016 (Update):
- Legendary pet overrides should now correctly reapply after leaving the Duel Arena.
- patch 16 November 2015 (Update):
- patch 2 November 2015 (Update):
- The ferocious ring and legendary pet's Life Saver ability will no longer be used at the same time if the players health drops below 10%.
- patch 5 October 2015 (Update):
- patch 28 September 2015 (Update):
- Using an item - if you have Repair Item and Beast of Burden on your legendary pet - will now have all the expected functionality.
- patch 14 September 2015 (Update):
- Players may now freely summon pets inside the Clan Wars portals.
- The flow of using a legendary pet's beast of burden ability to make it less of a chore.
- Legendary pets using the beast of burden ability now have a static life point pool of 10,600. As such, they can be killed in PvM situations such as Araxxor and Araxxi. They will also abide by the following rules:
- patch 24 August 2015 (Update):
- Players can now reliably dismiss pets that were already summoned upon logging in.
- Pets can now be picked up from the Dismiss menu when familiar options are hidden.
- The Pet Growth XP pop-up display can no longer be clicked.
- Legendary familiars will no longer disappear when interacted with while the Beast of Burden passive ability is active.
- patch 10 August 2015 (Update):
- The Beast of Burden ability timer no longer remains on screen when dismissing a legendary pet.
- Follower pets can no longer use High-Level Alchemy.
- patch 20 July 2015 (Update):
- The animations played on pets overriding nihil familiars have been corrected.
- patch 13 July 2015 (Update):
- Legendary pets with the Beast of Burden ability can once again be used for Make-X purposes.
- patch 29 June 2015 (Update):
- patch 15 June 2015 (Update):
- Players will no longer be told that they don't have any summoning materials when trying to create pouches with a legendary Beast of Burden pet summoned.
- patch 8 June 2015 (Update):
- patch 26 May 2015 (Update):
- Players can no longer deposit or withdraw items from legendary pets that have the Beast of Burden ability activated while in PvP areas.
- patch 18 May 2015 (Update):
- An issue where the legendary pet scavenge ability would delete items if the pet could not find it's owner has been fixed.
- It is no longer possible to store divination memories in a legendary pet's BoB inventory without first using a nightmare muspah pouch on it.
- The 'Toggle All' button of the Legendary pet scavenger options interface now works correctly.
- Pack pigs now use the correct summoning duration for their tier when used on a legendary pet.
- Players can now renew a familiar's timer by sacrificing a pouch at any time, as long as the familiar's timer is not at its maximum.
- Renewing a familiar's timer will now heal its life points.
- patch 11 May 2015 (Update):
- The legendary pet Scavenge ability will now remember your selections after logging out.
- patch 5 May 2015 (Update):
- Added a warning message when trying to extend a legendary pet's Beast of Burden ability regarding the 2 hour cap, and stopped players using up pouches when the timer can increase no further.
- The Legendary pet forage ability no longer states that it is an passive ability, as it is an activated ability.
- Improved the Legendary pet diet. Consequently, the Legendary pet fertiliser ability will now trigger less often.
- Right-click options on pets are now more consistently disabled when leaving instances, cutscenes and logging in.
- Legendary pets will no longer get stuck when trying to pick up a drop.
- Fixed a typo with the legendary pet repair ability.
- Prevented all pets from entering the Lumbridge crater.
- patch 7 April 2015 (Update):
- patch 9 March 2015 (Update):
- Legendary pets will now only scavenge for items dropped by NPCs killed by their owner, or items dropped by their owner.
- Legendary pets will now only return items if their owner is within range of them.
- patch 5 January 2015 (Update):
- Players using familiar scroll abilities with a pet override active will no longer stretch out of proportion.
- Players are no longer able to use Legendary Pet abilities to access their inventory while marooned on the island during Hunt for Red Raktuber.
- patch 27 October 2014 (Update):
- Pets will now return when sent to the bank at the same time as a butler.
- patch 20 October 2014 (Update):
- Text in the legendary pet banking interface will no longer go off the edge of the interface.
- patch 26 August 2014 (Update):
- A fix has been applied to stop players from being able to cause client disconnects via their pets.
- patch 18 August 2014 (Update):
- patch 24 February 2014 (Update):
- Companion pets are now prevented from being placed in the backpack in some circumstances.
- patch 13 August 2013 (Update):
- patch 9 July 2013 (Update):
- Pets no longer disappear if you log out and log in while standing in the Grand Exchange.
- patch 5 February 2013 (Update):
- The new pets have been given some extra training on keeping up with their masters.
- patch 14 January 2013 (Update):
- Fixed an issue when selecting Call Pet whilst having a Clan Avatar out.