Patch Notes (15 August 2016)
These Patch Notes were announced on 15 August 2016.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this weeks update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- Based on your feedback, the Flourishing Fairy teleport now uses the colour set on the outfit when the outfit is not equipped.
- The shape puzzle from the Eyes of Glouphrie quest has had some colours tweaked to be more accessible for players with colour blindness.
- Moved a piece of scenery to prevent you getting blocked occasionally when teleporting directly to the centre of the abyss.
- Ensured that the light and dark form curse visual effects are cleared when leaving Troll Invasion and Daemonheim.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- Amended the fail rates for the Wilderness agility course. It is no longer possible to fail at Level 99 Agility.
- Cursed energies now convert into other energy types at 100 to 150 per action, rather than 10 to 15.
- Training at the cursed divination colony whilst under the effect of the divination cache buff will now grant the correct experience.
- Enriched cursed wisps can now have their spring duration extended by offering a cursed memory or enriched cursed memory.
- Corrected the Herblore level requirement to create unfinished bloodweed potions.
- The Elder Divination Outfit's colony teleport no longer shows a Wilderness warning for every colony.
- Familiars no longer berate their owner when they fail to pickpocket a rogue.
- Standing in the bank with the Fortitude prayer active now heals during a duel for the correct amount.
- The Barbarian Assault tutorial can no longer be started with a follower present.
- It is once again possible to obtain a ranged skillcape shard.
- The camera no longer continues shaking after sinking the Fishing Trawler.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- TThe Wilderness sword tier 4 can now be used to teleport from up to level 30 wilderness.
- TEnsured that Kolodion doesn't rudely stop talking when asking about task system rewards.
- Added the missing Woodcutting requirement to the Smooth Bakriminel task.
- Added the Slayer requirement to the Lava Palava task.
- Checking someone else's trap no longer completes the Doyouthinkhesaurus task.
- Added a missing step to the Liquid Luck task hints.
- Increased the deathkeep values for Wilderness swords from 2k to match the reclaim costs.
- Equipped Wilderness swords now have a right-click Edgeville teleport option.
- Fixed a typo in The Light Within quest.
- Corrected the spelling of Dimintheis' name during the quest Dimension of Disaster.
- You will now find even more items washed up on uncharted islands, based on the islands size. Logging out will still wash unpicked items away.
- You will now be able to find some different items washed up on uncharted islands, such as fruit or bones.
- Ornate tortles will now respawn instead of normal tortles when ornate tortles are caught, if the two species are on the same island.
- Shark's tooth necklaces now give 5% additional Fishing experience whilst fishing wobbegongs.
- You can now use surge on uncharted islands.
- Signs of the porter no longer transport sea salt and alaea salt to the bank.
- The Waiko teletab is now visually different to the Watchtower tab.
- The messages you receive when claiming an island to clarify that claiming another will NOT refresh the daily cap on claimed islands have been refined.
- Claiming a new uncharted island will now allow you to exhaust it correctly, even if their previously claimed island had been exhausted.
- Spam-clicking on salty crablets no longer causes them to deplete too quickly.
- Fixed an issue with wobbegongs respawning on login if they had been previously depleted.
- Wobbegongs will no longer remain visible after depletion if they are very far away from the shore.
- The destroy option on Seiryu's fang now works.
- The player now states the correct amount of fish oil outstanding to the Aminishi moai when hiring the crew during the Head of the Family miniquest.
- A missing beard has been added to a cyclops labourer.
- Steve the monkey butler will now ask to take un-noted logs to the sawmill for the usual fee.
- Free players no longer receive members objects from looting the muddy chest.
- It is no longer possible to keep a camouflage potion's effect longer than intended.
- Added the music track "Arise Legend" to the Legends' Guild.
- Replaced several hundred synthesized looping sound effects with more realistic non-synthesized ones.
- Blocked some rocks in Lletya that could be walked into.
- A number of punctuation marks weren't being recognised by the game and have been updated.
- Fixed some chat with Oldak when asking about Technology before having unlocked Invention.
- The bonecrusher now works correctly when hunting pawyas.
- Adjusted the Helwyr teleport from the Max Guild portal to ensure that it no longer places you on the wrong side of the barrier.
- Fixed some environment blocking issues around the Prifddinas light rift.
- Fixed a bug where certain objects would be incorrectly hidden when textures were turned off.
- Improved world map stability.
- Numerous sky texture quality improvements have been implemented including fixing crashes solid white sky in certain areas on low-end graphics cards and putting in place foundations for higher resolution textures.
- Fixed Lighting for Scrying and Building Mode in a player-owned house.
- Particles should no longer appear under a location instead of on it.
- The Hero, Adventures & Powers parent interfaces can now be kept open during combat.
- The Quest List may now be used as a smaller child window. Each quest opens the relevant entry on the parent interface as usual.
- Duke Horacio has moved the two families displaced by the Battle of Lumbridge into better accommodation across the river, away from the threat of the goblins.
- The magical defence wardsmen, hired to defend the castle during the Battle of Lumbridge have been dismissed.
- Now that the threats posed by the Battle of Lumbridge are long gone, the elite Lumbridge guardsmen have been reassigned to protect the main bridge from goblins.
- The Doomsayer, fearing his doom at the hands of goblins, has moved to the (probably) less doomy side of the river.
- The 'manage-crisis' option on Duke Horacio in Lumbridge has been removed.