|Release||7 February 2006 (Update)|
|Music||In the Brine|
|Teleports||Trouble Brewing rum, Pirate spell sheet, Big Book o' Piracy, Fairy ring|
|doc • Talk page|
Mos Le'Harmless is the quaint free port run mostly by pirates that players may visit after completion of the Cabin Fever quest. The isle has a few attractions, such as the Trouble Brewing minigame and the Mos Le'Harmless Caves, where cave horrors may be found.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
Partial completion of Cabin Fever is required to access Mos Le'Harmless.
- Speak to Bill Teach on the docks of Port Phasmatys or Pirate on the ship (cross gang-plank at eastern most point) to travel to Mos Le'Harmless.
- Big Book o' Piracy teleport directly to the island
- Charter a ship from the Port Sarim docks.
- Pirate spell sheet teleport from Braindeath Island (easily accessed with the dungeoneering cape or hoardstalker ring teleport to the Braindeath Island 'Rum'-geon)
- Fairy ring dip to Mos Le'Harmless after completing A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift and repairing the bridges with 4 regular planks (protean planks do not work) and 8 nails per bridge (totalling 8 planks and 16 nails to fully complete the bridges). One bridge must be repaired from the island side; one from the fairy ring side. The bridges may break and you will have to do this again.
Notable features[edit | edit source]
- Trouble Brewing - A competitive minigame in which two teams brew 'rum'.
- Mos Le'Harmless Caves - These caves are full of cave horrors, which are a Slayer target. A light source is required.
- Dodgy Mike's Second-hand Clothing - Sells pirate boots, pirate bandanas, stripy pirate shirts and pirate leggings.
- The jungle outside the gates- Contains jungle horrors and snakes that are stronger than the common poisonous variety and that always drop a snake hide.
- Charter Ship - Transports the player to various docks and ports around Runescape for a fee.
- Patchy - Sews together various items of clothing, such as a pirate hat and an eyepatch, for a fee of 500gp. (Eyepatches are not sold in the clothes shop, but they can be bought from the charter ship's general store.)
- Smith - In addition to his scimitar shop, he sells lucky cutlasses, Harry's cutlasses, and rapiers. He can also repair the barrelchest anchor if you need a new one.
- Small obelisk - Used for recharging Summoning points. Found at the entrance to the cave.
- There are two small islands just to the north-east of the main island, accessible from the Mos Le'Harmless Caves. Both islands have seaweed, edible seaweed, a teak tree and a Mahogany tree.
- Two Feet Charley owns a fish shop that sells a variety of fish such as lobsters and swordfish.
- Mos Le'Harmless has two bars, Harpoon Joe's House of 'Rum' and The Other Inn, where one can buy beer, braindeath 'rum', and stew.
- Mos Le'Harmless Caves there is a black slab with a carving of a black mask on it. If anything besides a chisel is used on the slab the player receives the message "Something sinister happens a long way off. But, for all intents and purposes, nothing interesting happens." A chisel can be used on the slab to get rock fragments, which can be used to feed an ex-ex-parrot.
- During A Fairy Tale III - Battle at Ork's Rift, a player will gain access to K'Chunk's island just south of Mos Le'Harmless' south coast, but the bridges to the main island are broken. After the quest, the player can repair the bridges. This requires 8 regular planks, 16 nails of any type, and a hammer. Use fairy ring DIP to go to the islands, go to the first bridge, and use a plank on the broken part of the bridge. It is repaired, using four planks and eight nails. The other bridge must be repaired from the Mos Le'Harmless side. Go to Mos Le'Harmless, go to the second bridge and then use a plank on the broken part of the bridge. The second bridge will be repaired, using up four planks and eight nails. Fairy ring DIP and the bridges are convenient access to the town on Mos Le'Harmless, and they are also convenient to get to the Mos Le'Harmless Caves and somewhat useful to get to Trouble Brewing.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
In the Mos Le'Harmless Caves:
Albino bat, level 43
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
Personalities[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- A graphical issue on a tile of the Mos Le'Harmless docks has been corrected.
- patch 20 December 2010 (Update):
- patch 24 June 2010 (Update):
- Removed some random white triangles from the various islands where penguins can be found and around Mos Le’Harmless.
- patch 25 May 2010 (Update):
- Cleared a bit of vegetation to allow access to the bridge near Mos Le’Harmless.
- patch 3 March 2010 (Update):
- You will no longer be attacked when viewing the crop circle on Mos Le'Harmless.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name "Mos Le'Harmless" alludes to the The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series by Douglas Adams, in which the Hitchhiker's Guide's entry on Earth is simply "Mostly Harmless".
- Mos Le'Harmless is featured as an Arcanists arena.
- The patch notes update on 4 August 2010 drastically reduced the rarity of high-level impling spawns on Mos Le'Harmless. Previously, the island was a popular place for impling hunters because of the respawn points that commonly produced implings ranging from nature to kingly.
- The only accessible part of Mos Le'Harmless used to be the town, which was surrounded in Unknown, but after an update the entire sea around it, the jungle, Harmony Island and the Trouble Brewing minigame became accessible.
- A shortcut to cross the river was added on 22 October 2018 in the patch notes.