Goshima is an island in The Arc region of the Wushanko Isles. The island was once home of a people suspicious of outsiders, who lived in the heavily fortified village of Gongdung. The island was abandoned after the island's khan was resurrected as a jiangshi, the inhabitants of Gongdung and Goshima either fled or were killed by the jiangshi, who continued to haunt the island's shores.
In player-owned port the city of Gongdung is found here. The inhabitants of Goshima are distrustful of non-humans such as sirens, cyclopes and sea singers.
- In A Daring Raid the player sends a ship to raid the camp of a group of Goshima smugglers.
- In A New Home the player sends a ship to help a group of Druids from Taverley establish a small colony on Goshima; the local residents of Gongdung are suspicious of them.
- In Troubled Waters the player sends a ship to navigate through strong currents to find a quicker route to Goshima.
- In X Marks the Spot the player sends a ship to find rich resources on the submerged in the bay near Goshima.
- In A Bank Heist the player sends a ship when they learn the Convict knows of a safe in Goshima that is full of bamboo. Help him break into it.
- In A Joint Acquisition the player sends a ship when they learn the Whaler has been offered a large amount of bamboo by the isolationists of Goshima. He'll need the Exile to help lug his haul back to the ship.
A look inside Gongdung's walls
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- 25 February 2019 (Update):
- patch 17 October 2016 (Update):
- Undead chicken on Goshima now lay pickled eggs.
- patch 10 October 2016 (Update):
- Players can now head to Cyclosis, the Islands that Once Were Turtles, Goshima and Tuai Leit.
- The destroyed druid colony is the same colony player helps druids to establish in the Player-owned port minigame voyage, A New Home.
- Gongdung may be a reference to Guangdong, the richest province in China that is also the country's largest importer and exporter of goods.
- When translated in Japanese (五島 goshima), Goshima means 'five island'.
- The symbol of the Void Knights may be seen in Gongdung.
- One of the corpses lying on the ground has the examine text "He's dead, Jim". This is a reference to Star Trek.
- One of the corpses lying on the ground has the examine text "Funny. She doesn't look druish". This is a reference to Spaceballs.
- Dispelling a Jiangshi is supposed to cure any beings afflicted by its curse. While this worked on Lookout Ekahi, it does not work on the undead pekins found on Goshima, who remain undead even after Final Destination is completed. This could be an oversight, or perhaps their affliction is from a different source.