Whale's Maw is an island in The Arc region of the Wushanko Isles. It is described as having seas teeming with fish and turtles, which draw whales in to feed. The legendary whale Shuma is often found here, amongst others. Impressing the Locals must be completed to visit Whale's Maw.
The Hunter area for tortles on Whale's Maw.
- In A Daring Raid the player sends a ship to raid a whaling storehouse in Whale's Maw belonging to a group of callous whalers.
- In A Friend Indeed the player sends a ship to befriend a local fisherman in Whalesmaw.
- In Howdy Pilgrim the player sends a ship to protect a group of Saradomin priests travelling to a place of religious significance on the coasts of Whalesmaw.
- In In Dire Needthe player sends a ship to deliver desperately needed supplies to the local fishermen at Whalesmaw.
- In Explore the Seas the player sends a ship to collect resources around Whale's Maw, telling their captain to beware the whales that give the island its name.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
patch 23 September 2019 (Update):
- The deposit box at Whale's Maw will now correctly stop people from using the Deposit-All feature if they have not purchased the unlock from the Waiko rewards shop.
- patch 6 February 2017 (Update):
- The population of Whale's Maw has increased.
- patch 1 August 2016 (Update):
- The ship docked at Whale's Maw is no longer hovering above the water.
- Removed the examine option from treasure chests and treasure along the Whale's Maw coast.
- update 25 July 2016 (Update):
- North of the Tortle hunting area, there is a raft and a volleyball with a hand-printed face floating in the water, a reference to the movie Cast Away.
- On the docks there is a boat with three barrels next to it, a reference to the movie Jaws.