|Release||25 July 2016 (Update)|
|Destroy||Are you sure? If you destroy these you will need to discover more in the Wushanko Islands.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A rare and highly prized commodity.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Taijitu is a secondary currency to chimes in The Arc and is considered much more valuable. In conjunction with chimes, taijitu are used to purchase various upgrades and resources at the Waiko Reward Shop and Ports Reward Shop, run by Boni. One taijitu is also required for the Jed Hunter miniquest.
They can be obtained through different ways:
- Completing the miniquests in the Tales of the Arc series: 1-10 taijitu (total 38)
- Visiting castaways on special uncharted isles by finding messages in bottles: 1 taijitu (total 10)
- Opening treasure chests on uncharted isles: 1-7 taijitu
- Completing contracts: 1-2 taijitu (rarely)
- Catching tortles and ornate tortles: 1 taijitu (rarely)
- Catching Fortunate orokami: 1-2 taijitu
- Drop from various Temple of Aminishi creatures: 1 taijitu
- Washed ashore on uncharted isles: 1 taijitu (rarely)
- Purchased for 800,000 coins from the Travelling Merchant's Shop: 3-5 taijitu
- Motherlode Maw: 2-7 taijitu
- Third floor in the Temple of Aminishi: 1
- Small or Large menaphite gift offerings: 1
The best way to gather large amounts of taijitu is to repeatedly go on voyages and look for treasure chests and taijitu on the ground. Picking up washed up supplies and other items on the ground can be used to get more chimes to buy supplies for more voyages from Rosie on Waiko. Small voyages provide the cheapest supply/taijitu ratio whereas large voyages provide the fastest taijitu rate. See treasure chest for an analysis of the supply/taijitu ratios. Players can buy Uncharted island map for 15,000 Dungeoneering token at the reward shop.
Purchasing all items from the Waiko Reward Shop excluding the teleports and experience lamps costs 354 taijitu.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
Store locations[edit | edit source]
Travelling Merchant's Shop[edit | edit source]
|Date||Slot A||Slot B||Slot C|
|24 August 2020||Shattered anima||Unfocused damage enhancer||Taijitu|
|8 September 2020||Shattered anima||Shattered anima||Taijitu|
|11 September 2020||Slayer VIP Coupon||Barrel of bait||Taijitu|
|25 September 2020||Unstable air rune||Menaphite gift offering (medium)||Taijitu|
|26 September 2020||Slayer VIP Coupon||Sacred clay||Taijitu|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The taijitu is a Taoist symbol that represents the duality of yin and yang.