Patch Notes (10 October 2016)
These Patch Notes were announced on 10 October 2016.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
The Arc & Uncharted Isles
- XP per hour from named-island resources has been increased to 40%.
- Wobbegong XP per hour has been increased by 10%.
- XP for crafting tortle bowls has been increased to 75 XP, up from 10.
- XP for crafting ornate tortle bowls has been increased to 100 XP, up from 10.
- XP for fletching bamboo bundles has been increased to 100 XP, up from 10.
- The amount of chimes gained per hour from named-island resources has been lowered by 10% to 15%.
- Seerfish/Sillago now require levels 90/91/92 Fishing, down from 92/94.
- The spirit dragon pet is now a companion pet and can be used to override Summoning familiars.
- Boni has been feeling generous and now gives flags out for free.
- XP lamps have been reduced in price.
- Player-owned port resources and trade goods have been reduced in price.
- Golden idols are now stackable. Players who have been lucky enough to find a pair can now purchase an idol crabletine tradeable pet.
- Some of Waiko's and Cyclosis' villagers’ pockets can now be picked. They seem to have a rather short attention-span and will tend to forget about your thieving ways within 5 minutes.
- Shark soup and Arc gumbo now require sliced wushrooms instead of wushrooms.
- Different kinds of wushrooms can be sliced to use. Players who had wushrooms before the update had theirs converted to sliced wushrooms.
- Uncharted isle NPCs now drop chimes in increased amounts as well as some flavour items.
- Chime payouts from contracts have been increased.
- "Collect" type contracts had the number items required lowered.
- Players are now able to find supply crates on uncharted isles.
- Low-tier resources will now stay on claimed islands, even when logging out.
- Players can now toggle receiving named-island contracts if they meet all the skill requirements for uncharted isle skilling. Contracts that can be found on both named and uncharted isles will still be offered.
- Players who have completed all of the Tengu's player-owned port clue voyages and have received a mask of gu can now purchase the 'Waiko Guru' unlock for 100 chimes. This unlock halves the cost of re-rolling contracts.
- The unlock to access the Waiko's bank chest has been removed.
- Seiryu's claw now has a lootbeam regardless of lootbeam value set.
- Daily contract re-rolls now increase in price by 10 chimes, instead of doubling in price.
- Rosie has lowered her supply costs! Supplies are now 25 chimes each (down from 40) and supply cost reduction upgrades can now reduce this to as low as 10 chimes per supply (down from 20).
- Rosie's crate of supplies (5 free supplies daily) now holds up to 50 supplies not to penalise those who forget to pick theirs up each day.
- To celebrate the opening of the second set of islands, Rosie's crate is initially full for everyone.
- Long voyages now cost 20 supplies (down from 25).
- Median Expeditions can now have 2 to 3 rare resources (up from 1 to 2).
- Long Voyages can now have 3 to 5 rare resources (up from 2 to 3).
- Players who had islands claimed prior the update can now find new resources on their island.
- The supply cap now starts at 200 (up from 100) and increases up to 1,000 with upgrades (up from 500).
- An issue where an island would have less rare resources than intended has been fixed.
- Arc Gumbo now sells for 65 chimes (up from 45).
- Shark soup now sells for 85 chimes (up from 50).
- Non-stacking Arc resources such as fish, bamboo, soups and gumbo can now be withdrawn in noted form.
- Players will no longer find wushrooms washed ashore on uncharted isles. Sea shells can now be found instead.* The price of some 'Functional' and 'Decorative' customisations for claimed islands has been reduced.
- A new flotsam merchant on Cyclosis purchases driftwood and sea shells for few more chimes.
- A new food merchant on Cyclosis purchases sliced wushrooms for an extra chime.
- A new bamboo merchant on Tuai Leit purchases bundles of bamboo for an extra chime.
- Players can now head to Cyclosis, the Islands that Once Were Turtles, Goshima and Tuai Leit.
- Teleport tablets for named-islands have been added to Waiko rewards shop.
- Sharkborne has been out exploring and has found himself a new pet, X-Runes.
- Sojobo now offers a new type of contract for players with 90+ in the related skill. If the player has received such contract, expect to worship shrines, pick safes, hatch eggs and few other short-interaction activities.
- Salty crabletines have invaded Cyclosis. They are the slightly less rewarding relatives of salty crablets.
- There are now six new mini-quests to complete. After completing everything up to and including Jed Hunter (from Arc Batch 1), speak to Ichi on Cyclosis to begin the latest adventures. You'll need to have unlocked Cyclosis via a Player-owned port to access the island.
- Uncharted isle supplies have been added to the currency pouch.
- Bad luck protection has been added to the 'Spiritual Enlightenment' mini-quest lore book drops. Players who defeat more NPCs during the miniquest will be more likely to receive the drop during their game session.
- The Crablet sandpit has been removed from Burthorpe.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- Count Check has taken up a new residence in the Stronghold of Security. Thank you for getting involved with Customer Support week!
- NPCs that scale to your level will now award combat and item experience.
- Players will now see a message when acquiring the 50th Sliskelion piece, or if they would have acquired another piece but haven't traded in the 50 pieces yet.
- It is no longer possible to prevent the Conquest turn timer from going down.
- Replaced several mentions of "The Crucible" with "Deathmatch".
- Players levelling their Sunfury armour will now see an improvement in points while in combat, using a bonecrusher.
- Removed a dummy item from the Grand Exchange.
- Corrected a typo with brian points in the expanded currency pouch interface.
- Players can no longer advance their computer clocks to alter which banner they see in the lobby.
- Fixed some logic in the group lootshare system that would occasionally award either none or double loot and experience.
Last week's hotfixes
- Count Check now recognises when an authenticator is being used as a bank pin.
- Customer Support Week clue scrolls requiring safety gloves, fighting boots or fancy boots now work with the items keepsaked.
- Pure essence won via a Customer Support Week casket is now noted.
- Fixed an occasional disconnect when opening a Customer Support Week casket.
- Speaking to the student in the Misthalin Training Centre of Excellence no longer rotates his desk.
- Rewards from The Drop now take an authenticator set as a bank pin into account.
- Players can now give Thorgel Agility tickets or Castle Wars tickets from the currency pouch.
- Removed Classie from Burthorpe.
- Teak planks won from a Customer Support Week casket are now noted.
- Players can no longer take skilling or combat dummies into The Drop.