Impressing the Locals
|Impressing the Locals (#211)|
|Release date||11 July 2016 (Update)|
|Quest series||Tales of the Arc|
|Main developer(s)||Stephen R|
|Quality assurance||Unknown edit|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Before 12 December 2016, this quest was a miniquest, but it was changed to a novice quest to increase its visibility and that of the Arc. Those who had already completed the miniquest version need not complete it again.
Overview[edit | edit source]
|Start point||Trader Stan at the southern docks of Port Sarim.|
|Member requirement||Members only|
|Requirements||Skill requirements are not boostable unless marked with a [B] for boostable.
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||
Searching for a crew[edit | edit source]
Speak to Trader Stan, found at the charter boats in Port Sarim (the southernmost pier), in order to start the quest. Use the option to talk about the Skulls pirate Jed and his return for invasion. He tells about how Jed stole two of his ships and used the latter to assault the Port Sarim Jail, and he asks for help recovering them. He then talks about the Wushanko Isles and how he used to trade overseas there until the wild sea creatures started appearing years ago, but figures if Jed can get through with his ships, so can he.
He then makes a deal with you to find a crew willing to go to the isles with one of his other ships; you'll need a quartermaster, a navigator, and a bosun. You must talk to him about each of the three crew members or they won't talk to you about the quest. Trader Stan believes Surula can advise you on a good quartermaster to hire for your crew. The navigator would be a siren; Stan suggests Seasinger Umi to fill the role. And for help in finding a bosun, he suggests speaking with Guard Captain Roarkwin.
The quartermaster[edit | edit source]
Go north and enter the blue player-owned port portal east of Brian's Battleaxe Bazaar and speak to "The Barmaid", Surula, in the pub to find a quartermaster in Stan's name. She asks if you came to settle his tab, but makes a deal for you to cover for him in exchange for information. A pay-up of 1000 coins and she'll direct you to Mister Gully upstairs. Talk to Mister Gully on the balcony, and he'll accept your offer after you mention the Skulls.
[edit | edit source]
Talk to Seasinger Umi, east of the portal, and ask her to join the crew as navigator with knowledge of the Eastern Lands. She's flattered by Stan's remarks, but declines the offer as she likes it in Port Sarim, not currently wanting to go back to the Eastern Lands. She does suggest that you recruit her sister instead, since Jemi plans on returning home soon anyways; find Seasinger Jemi beside the Rimmington well, and she'll agree to join.
The bosun[edit | edit source]
Talk to Guard Captain Roarkwin in the Port Sarim Jail. For a bosun, he suggests a former Black Knight, Jacob, but he was abducted during the first assault by Jed; he'll ask for a favour to inform Jacob's sister of his abduction. Meet with his sister, a Black Knight sergeant, in Draynor Village, in the upstairs of the pottery oven building; she'll try to ward you off, but when she learns of his abduction by the Skulls, she'll agree to join your crew, and introduces herself as Evie Higgs.
Wrapping up[edit | edit source]
Once you've recruited all three crew members, return to Trader Stan and talk about the Skulls pirates again. After the end of the Port Sarim Invasion, he'll request on behalf of the people of Port Sarim that you bring back all the abducted people, and add a personal request to bring back a mystery item that was on the first ship that Jed stole.
Congratulations, quest complete!!
Rewards[edit | edit source]
- 1 quest point
- Access to The Arc region
- Stan-ing Around rest animation
- Ability to recruit Flippers McGraw
- Ability to use the teleport on the chests of the Elite Dungeons
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice (Ironman accounts will not receive these)
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Impressing the Locals ( 0) – Complete this Novice quest.
Required for completing[edit | edit source]
Impressing the Locals is directly required for the following quests/miniquests:
- Accessing the Temple of Aminishi
Transcript[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 12 December 2016 (Update):
- The 'Impressing the Locals' miniquest is now a Novice difficulty quest, awarding 1 Quest Point. Those who have completed the miniquest do not need to complete it again. This change was made to increase the visibility of the quest and - by extension - the way to access the Eastern Lands.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Impressing" refers to both the standard meaning of affecting deeply and to the old practice of impressment, or forcing someone to serve on a ship's crew against their will.
- Impressing the Locals is the first and so far only miniquest to be changed into a quest. The converse is true for Witch's Potion and Sheep Shearer.
- Trader Stan will call you the "new portmaster" if you have completed the Player-owned port tutorial, but would still say you don't have a ship or crew despite that you could manage up to 4 ships and their crews in the port. Also, Evie will say she met the player at the Battle of Lumbridge if they fought for Zamorak.
|Initial part of the Tales of the Arc|
|Boat to the Arc|