The Keening Reef
The Keening Reef is located in The Hook region of the Wushanko Isles. This is where aging sea monsters go to die. As their spirit leaves them, their bodies fall to the bottom of the sea, forming a reef whose coral outcrops are covered by large bones. Smaller fish then eat from the reef.
During The Body voyage, The Occultist cuts a piece from the reef to use as the body ingredient in the ritual to remove her immortality while the player's ship was being attacked by Discord, Quin's bodyguard, and younger sea monsters.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Information about the Keening Reef is currently not discoverable in the Captain's Log map due to a bug.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ The Keening Reef, RuneScape. "This is where aging sea monsters go to die. Vast bones scatter the coral outcrops as they plunge to the depths."
- ^ The Occultist, "The Body", RuneScape. "[...] the Keening Reef, where sea monsters go to die. As their spirit leaves them, they fall to the bottom of the sea and form the reef. Smaller fish then eat from the reef. It's the great circle of life, as tiresome ecologists will no doubt tell you."
- ^ The Occultist, "The Body", RuneScape. "The second element of the ritual is the body. We'll find it at the Keening Reef [...] we'll be wanting to steal a portion of it. It shouldn't be much of a trial - the sea monsters will be on their last legs, tentacles and assorted other appendages."
- ^ The Body, RuneScape. "Your ship was attacked by younger sea monsters, led by one a warrior on an albino narwhal. While your crew defended the ship, The Occultist managed to gather a chunk of The Body."