Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Release||25 July 2016 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can purchase more from the Torts R Us store on Waiko.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|A simple tortle trap.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Creation[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
ninja 11 September 2017 (Update):
- Players can now use bamboo and golden bamboo to fletch these traps at level 96 Fletching.
- patch 6 February 2017 (Update):
- You can no longer overwrite this trap with another trap if it was placed on a tile containing a Hunter area icon.
- The message when attempting to place this trap on a trapped tile has been made clearer.
- patch 23 January 2017 (Update):
- Tortle traps can now be placed over the tile occupied by the hunter icon on Uncharted Isle ornate tortle spots.
- patch 12 December 2016 (Update):
- Animation timings for placing and checking these traps have been shortened slightly. Hunting tortles should now feel closer to box-trapping.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon release, a deployed tortle trap with a caught tortle would have the name tortoise trap. This was later patched on 1 August 2016.
- Although it has a stated value of 1 chime, it cannot be sold.
- The trap appears to be made of metal despite it being crafted out of bamboo. When set, a green leaf automatically appears on the long arm on the side of the trap as "bait",
- When set, the long arm of the trap always points north. Although tortle traps normally can't be dropped, they appear as items on the ground when it collapses. Both as a dropped item and during the trap-setting animation, the long arm points south instead.