Tortle traps are items that can be obtained for free from Torts R Us, which is run by 'Reggie' (tortle shell merchant) on Waiko.
Alternatively, they can be made by combining five bamboo or two golden bamboo, giving 100 Fletching experience. This requires level 96 Fletching.
They can be deployed to catch tortles (requiring level 90 Hunter) or ornate tortles (requiring level 96 Hunter) in The Arc.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
ninja 11 September 2017 (Update):
- Players can now use bamboo and golden bamboo to fletch these traps at level 96 Fletching.
- patch 6 February 2017 (Update):
- You can no longer overwrite this trap with another trap if it was placed on a tile containing a Hunter area icon.
- The message when attempting to place this trap on a trapped tile has been made clearer.
- patch 23 January 2017 (Update):
- Tortle traps can now be placed over the tile occupied by the hunter icon on Uncharted Isle ornate tortle spots.
- patch 12 December 2016 (Update):
- Animation timings for placing and checking these traps have been shortened slightly. Hunting tortles should now feel closer to box-trapping.
- patch 1 August 2016 (Update):
- Removed some delays when placing a Tortle trap.
- Upon release, a deployed tortle trap with a caught tortle would have the name tortoise trap. This was later patched on 1 August 2016.
- Although it has a stated value of 1 chime, it cannot be sold.
- The trap appears to be made of metal despite it being crafted out of bamboo. When set, a green leaf automatically appears on the long arm on the side of the trap as "bait",
- When set, the long arm of the trap always points north. Although tortle traps normally can't be dropped, they appear as items on the ground when it collapses. Both as a dropped item and during the trap-setting animation, the long arm points south instead.