|Black Knight sergeant|
|Release date||11 July 2016 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||Impressing the Locals|
|Examine||A sergeant of the Black Knights.|
|Infobox (multi) • Talk page|
|Release date||11 July 2016 (Update)|
|Quest NPC||• Impressing the Locals |
• Curse of the Black Stone
|Location(s)||The Rusty Anchor|
|Examine||Black Knight sergeant Evie Higgs.|
|Infobox (multi) • Talk page|
History[edit | edit source]
Evie is an seasoned Black Knight, having fought during the Battle of Lumbridge for Zamorak,. She climbed alongside the ranks with Lieutenant Crane, one of her best friends, and as such, they are on good terms with each other.
She is the elder sister of Jacob Higgs, whom she has a close relationship with, even transferring to Draynor Village so they could be close to each other. She is knowledgeable about boats, claiming she knows them better than Jacob.
At some point, Jacob was arrested for theft and sent to Port Sarim Jail. When "Iron Link" Jed attacked Port Sarim, he made off with several prisoners, including Jacob. When the captain of the Sarim's Revenge went to tell her of Jacob's fate, she signed up immediately, leaving the captain wondering who had hired who. In doing so however, she deserted from the Kinshra. In order to better hide from her pursuers, she requested the captain provide her with a set of tetsu armour. By the time they finally caught up to Jed, Jacob had already been sold to the khan of Goshima.
After Lookout Ekahi was zombified by Undead Jed on Cyclosis, the crew of the Sarim's Revenge travelled to Tuai Leit, but were attacked by The Harbinger, led by Captain Cora. When Cora demanded Ekahi in exchange for their safety, Evie vocally opposed the idea along with the majority of the crew. In response, The Harbinger opened fire upon the Sarim's Revenge. Evie helped keep the ship afloat, repairing the damage. She demanded they proceed to Goshima, but relented when told the ship could not survive the sea in its current condition. She helped repair the ship then travelled with the crew to Goshima. She stayed near the ship while the captain obtained items necessary to construct a cannon and found a note from Jacob begging Evie to abandon him, assuring her he was safe. She built the cannon and named it Vera, commanding it when the Sarim's Revenge once again confronted The Harbinger. She damaged the enemy ship, allowing the captain to slip in and confront Cora. They travelled back to Goshima and Cora confronted the Khan, ending it once and for all.
When the captain needed to assemble a strike force to stop The Ambassador's ritual, Evie believed that they bring along several soldiers to distract the Ambassador's minions while they stopped the ritual, and suggested her friend Lieutenant Crane, having heard she was positioned in an underground base near the prison cells. Crane agreed to help the captain as long as they checked in on her sister, Tessa, and became enraged upon learning that Commandant Bletchley had failed, enslaved and cut her tongue out, demanding that he die for his actions. She suggested to bring Evie along, believing that she shouldn't miss out on giving out a "Zamorakian lesson". Higgs gladly accepted the offer and snuck onto the rooftop of the Black Knights' Fortress, where she scolded Bletchley for killing off talent, before Crane appeared behind him and the two tortured and killed him.
Personality[edit | edit source]
Evie has great respect for strength and combat prowess; even considering violence against the fishers of Whale's Maw. When travelling through the islands, she shows respect to the acolytes of Seiryu due to their skills in combat. She also considers Commander Akhomet to be a good role model. She has a distrust of gnomes though, considering them to be deceptive, apparently having fallen foul of them before.
She has an appreciation of powerful weaponry and armour, being pleased to receive a set of tetsu equipment. Upon seeing the cyclopes of Cyclosis, she considers how best to weaponise them. She also created Vera, the cannon aboard the Sarim's Revenge.
Dialogue[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Bosun Higgs's name is a reference to the Higgs boson, an elementary particle in the Standard Model.
- She and her brother Jacob are a reference to Jacob and Evie Frye from Assassin's Creed Syndicate.
- Her creation and naming of the cannon "Vera" aboard Sarim's Revenge may be a reference to Jayne Cobb of the television series Firefly, who gave the same name to his favourite firearm.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Bosun Higgs, "Impressing the Locals", RuneScape. "I know exactly who you are. I fought in the Battle of Lumbridge too."
- ^ Guard Captain Roarkwin, "Impressing the Locals", RuneScape. "She got herself transferred to Draynor to be near her brother, so she could visit him. Those two were thick as thieves...you know, up until her brother was locked up for becoming an actual thief."
- ^ Bosun Higgs, "Impressing the Locals", RuneScape. "And I don't care...captain. I'm still in. Jacob's my little brother and I'm going after him. He may be an idiot, but he's family. Besides, I know boats better than he does. If you get me to him, I'll keep your ship in top condition."
- ^ Guard Captain Roarkwin, "Impressing the Locals", RuneScape. "He used to serve on the crew of a Black Knights vessel, until he was court-martialled for theft and found his new home in our lovely shore-view cell, but he was grabbed in Jed's initial assault."
- ^ Player character, "Impressing the Locals", RuneScape. "I think she recruited me as her captain, rather than me recruiting her as my bosun, but she's on the crew either way."
- ^ Bosun Higgs, "Jed Hunter", RuneScape. "I'm AWOL. If the Kinshra track me down here, they might hold you responsible too."
- ^ Jed, "Jed Hunter", RuneScape. "Ah, sorry to disappoint, my lady, but he's sold already. The khan of Goshima took a shine to him, what can I say? She does like them military types."
- ^ Bosun Higgs, RuneScape. "It's taking everything I've got not to stab their eyes out."
- ^ Bosun Higgs, RuneScape. "You gotta respect these dragon monks. They are crazy good fighters. Shame they're all a bunch of utter lunatics."
- ^ Bosun Higgs, RuneScape. "Have you met the Commander yet? She's fricking awesome! If the Black Knights had leaders like her, those White Knight fools would fall over themselves trying to be first to surrender."
- ^ Bosun Higgs, RuneScape. "Watch out for thoose gnomes, though. They look a cheerful sort, but they'll stab you in the back when it's turned.[...]Not until I get to know you a whole lot better. That's a tale I prefer to keep to myself."
- ^ Bosun Higgs, "Jed Hunter", RuneScape. "Tetsu armour? Dual katanas? Sweet!"
- ^ Bosun Higgs, RuneScape. "Now, I'm just pitching an idea here, cap, but... Armoured cyclopes with mounted ballista turrets. Think it over. We'd rule the world."
- ^ Bosun Higgs, "Impressing the Locals", RuneScape. "Why are we just sitting here? Come on, let's get sailing."
- ^ Bosun Higgs, RuneScape. "How about some information on my brother's whereabouts? This isn't a holiday."
- ^ Bosun Higgs, RuneScape. "So, I heard some turtles died here, or whatever. Can we go now?"
- ^ Bosun Higgs, RuneScape. "Well, this place is a dump.[...]it's just the world's saddest beach resort, scattered with a few shipwrecks, a few stupid turtles and some lecherous fishermen."
|This template is about Bosun Higgs|
|Quests & Miniquests|