|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|Points of interest|
|No. of banks||1 bank deposit box|
|No. of altars||1|
|No. of small obelisks||1|
|Leader||Under the administration of the Asgarnian Government|
|Infobox • Talk page|
- 1 Getting there
- 2 Quests
- 3 Monsters
- 4 Features
- 5 Stores
- 6 The port
- 7 Music
- 8 Update history
- 9 Trivia
- 10 References
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Players can teleport to Port Sarim using the Home Teleport spell once they have discovered the required lodestone.
- Port Sarim can be entered by land from Falador to the north/north-west, Draynor Village to the east, Rimmington to the west, or Thurgo's Peninsula to the south.
- If a player has the explorer's ring 3 or 4 equipped or in their inventory, they can teleport to the Falador cabbage patch north of the area and walk south.
- Players with a clan vexillum can also teleport to the Clan Camp and walk south-east.
- Players can also travel by ship from Karamja, Crandor, or Entrana, arriving at the dock.
- Players can also travel to Port Sarim Jail directly from Al Kharid by telling Shantay that they are outlaws. If they disagree to his terms, he will teleport them to Port Sarim Jail. They can then pick the lock (both F2P and P2P) in their cell to get out.
- Fairy ring (code AIQ) travels to Mudskipper Point, the southern extent of Thurgo's Peninsula, south of Port Sarim.
- Using the teleport option on the Arc Journal obtained from Sharkborne. Requires completion of Impressing the Locals.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Quests started in Port Sarim[edit | edit source]
- Pirate's Treasure - Port Sarim's sole quest; may be started by talking to Redbeard Frank south of the bar.
- Impressing the Locals - Miniquest to unlock access to The Arc
- A Shadow over Ashdale - Can be started by speaking to Gudrik east of Gerrant's Fishy Business.
Quests involving Port Sarim[edit | edit source]
- Pirate's Treasure
- Dragon Slayer
- Catapult Construction
- One Small Favour
- Swept Away
- Rat Catchers
- A Void Dance
- Rocking Out
- Purple Cat (miniquest)
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Features[edit | edit source]
Port Sarim Jail[edit | edit source]
The jail is at the south-west point of the port. It is home to Wormbrain, a goblin who is involved in the Dragon Slayer quest as well as two notable NPCs and former random event characters, Cap'n Hand and Rick Turpentine.
Farm[edit | edit source]
Located between Port Sarim and Falador, the farm has chickens, cows, and a cabbage field. Two eggs can be found in the chicken coop and a sink can be found on the east side of the farm. Members can access a farming shop here and use the loom in the south-east room. There are pigs and piglets on the farm, though they can not be attacked. In the north-eastern field of the northern farm are several allotment patches, notably for beginning farmers. This farm is often referred to as 'Falador Farm'.
Rimmington mine[edit | edit source]
Spirit tree patch[edit | edit source]
East of The Rusty Anchor, in the north-eastern corner of Port Sarim, there is a patch to plant a spirit tree. Having this spirit tree fully grown with the rest of the spirit trees is one of the requirements for the completionist cape.
Church altar[edit | edit source]
An altar can be found by walking south-west from the jail and by entering the church. A summoning obelisk is also located north of the church. This church a branch of the Church of Saradomin. Next to the church there is a graveyard. The graveyard consists of some characters from Shakespeare's Hamlet, such as Ophelia, Horatio, and a diseased resident named Yorick. Along with the other gravestones, another reads, "...let last P..nce of..." Restored version is "Hamlet last Prince of Denmark".
Thurgo's Peninsula & Mudskipper Point[edit | edit source]
- One of the last known Imcando dwarves, Thurgo, in his hut
- The entrance to the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon
- A members only fairy ring (code AIQ)
- The spot for slaying mogres
Banking[edit | edit source]
Also, once a player has advanced far enough in the player-owned port minigame, there is bank access within their port.
Player-owned ports[edit | edit source]
Stores[edit | edit source]
Betty's Magic Emporium[edit | edit source]
In recent times, running wizard hats has become popular, because they are worth nearly 100 times as much at the Grand Exchange as they are here.
Grum's Gold Exchange[edit | edit source]
Grum's Gold Exchange is located directly south of Betty's Magic Emporium. Grum runs the store and sells various jewellery. Players can purchase rings, necklaces, and strung amulets. The store is stocked only by other players selling their jewellery.
Brian's Battleaxe Bazaar[edit | edit source]
Gerrant's Fishy Business[edit | edit source]
On the north wall of the store respawns a white apron. Fishing poles and Lobster traps are also common occurrences.
Wydin's Food Store[edit | edit source]
The store plays an important part in the Pirate's Treasure quest. Players can also be hired as a worker for Wydin once they reach a certain point on the quest. Once they are hired, they can receive free food. If you ask him what he recommends he will tell you about bananas.
The Rusty Anchor Inn[edit | edit source]
The Rusty Anchor Inn is located east of Brian's Battleaxe Bazaar. The inn is owned by the bartender, and sells beer for 2 coins. Due to an update, the musician located in the bar is just like regular musicians (except for the bug, described below in the trivia section). The Inn also plays a small part in the A Void Dance quest, whereby several patrons, and even the barkeep are under the draining effect of the strange goo, located in the basement of the inn.
The port[edit | edit source]
North dock[edit | edit source]
Members can travel to Entrana from here. The monks will not allow player to carry weapons or armour, though it is possible to import materials to fletch a bow and arrows or to craft leather armour. Runes are also allowed.
West dock[edit | edit source]
All players can travel to Karamja from this dock, for a price of 30 coins. There is a right-click option on any of the sailors, to "Pay fare" and travel without any additional dialogue. This price will be reduced if wearing Karamja gloves, or the trip will be free after asking, while wearing the ring of charos (a). Both items are members only.
Centre dock[edit | edit source]
- The Lady Lumbridge, a ship in need of repair, is moored here. She features in the Dragon Slayer quest. After the quest the original owner reclaims it and paints over the name with paint, denying that it was once the player's.
- The Void Knights dock can be found on the centre pier. Talk to the squire to go to the Void Knights' Outpost where members can play the minigames Pest Control or Conquest.
South dock[edit | edit source]
Submarine[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
In the city[edit | edit source]
Inside the Rusty Anchor[edit | edit source]
Inside Surula's tavern[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 May 2018 (Update):
- Objects dropped beneath a canopy on the Port Sarim docks no longer appear on top of it.
- patch 22 January 2018 (Update):
- The southernmost ship in Port Sarim now reflects correctly on the water.
- patch 12 December 2016 (Update):
- Players will no longer float while standing on specific spots in Port Sarim.
- patch 22 November 2011 (Update):
- A building in Port Sarim now looks connected to its wooden supports.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If you look in Gerrant's Fishy Business and the axe shop, you can see one tile that is not like the others. Another tile like it floats above it. This is yet to have been fixed. This is only present in Minimum - Low detail.
- Port Sarim has been in Gielinor since DeviousMUD.
- When using the home teleport spell to Port Sarim, a bug used to occur when the loading screen gets stuck on "Loading - Please wait. (50%)" forcing the player to have to restart RuneScape. This has since been fixed.
- After the update that made "Listen to" the default option of musicians, Jagex forgot to change the text on the musician in the Rusty Anchor Inn. Clicking "Talk to" will result in your character sitting down and listening, while "Listen to" will begin talking to the character you clicked "Talk to".
- The cemetery outside Port Sarim refers to several of Shakespeare's works, Including references to Ophelia, Horatio from Hamlet, etc.
- Port Sarim was founded on roughly the same area that Port Lina, a settlement from the Fourth Age, had previously existed on.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Jagex. "The Excellent Log of the Journeys and Tribulations of Samuel Scourduel, Entry One." RuneScape Lores and Histories.
|Part 1 of the Pirate quest series|
|Boat to the Arc|