A big swordfish is an abnormally large raw swordfish caught while fishing at any cage/harpoon fishing spot. Since players can only get it while fishing for swordfish, it requires 50 Fishing to obtain. It is a rare catch and luck will not increase chances of obtaining one. On a sample of 47152 swordfish caught, only 10 were big swordfish, making the chances of obtaining one about 0.02%, similar to the chances of catching a Big shark.
To stuff the big swordfish, players must take it to the Taxidermist in Canifis. She will charge the player 2,500 coins and turn it into a stuffed swordfish. Once it is stuffed, players can mount it in their Skill Hall at 56 Construction, using a stuffed swordfish and 2 teak planks, producing a mounted swordfish.
[view] • [talk]
|Cage, Harpoon||Fishing Guild||8||68 Fishing||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Catherby||2||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Musa Point||3||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Rellekka||4||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Miscellania||4||The Fremennik Trials||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Southeast of the Demonic Ruins (level 38 Wilderness)||3||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Jatizo||5||The Fremennik Isles||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Feldip Hills||2||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Anachronia - Spirit grove||3||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Southeast Anachronia||2||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Mass grave - The Everlight||1||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Oikoi (households) - The Everlight||2||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Dominion Games stadium - The Everlight||1||None||Show on map|
|Piscatoris Fishing Colony||Piscatoris Fishing Colony||4||Swan Song||Show on map|
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 12 March 2013 (Update):
- You can once again cook the big bass, swordfish and shark if you don't want to have them stuffed.
A big swordfish next to a normal swordfish
- When using the big swordfish on the Taxidermist, she replies, "Don't point that thing at me!" before charging you the required fee.
- Previously, if a player attempted to cook a big swordfish they would get the message "You don't have any more swordfish to cook." Now when attempting to cook big swordfish, players will receive the normal XP as if they had cooked a raw swordfish, and they will receive a cooked swordfish as if they had cooked a raw swordfish, as long as they don't burn it.
- When dropped next to a normal swordfish, players can see that a big swordfish is actually smaller than a normal swordfish. Its colouration also more resembles a real-life swordfish.
- If a player catches a big swordfish while helping Frodi, the player will say "Sorry Frodi, but I'm keeping this one" after which Frodi will compliment the player on catching such a magnificent swordfish.