This article is about the raw version. For the cooked version, see Lobster
A raw lobster is a type of fish that can be caught with level 40 Fishing, giving 90 experience. Raw lobsters can be cooked with a Cooking level of 40 or higher. Cooking raw lobsters on a range gives 120 experience, and cooking them on a bonfire gives 132 experience. Players may accidentally burn lobsters while cooking until they reach a Cooking level of 74 (or 64 while wearing cooking gauntlets), though the chance to burn a lobster turns rare at level 60 Cooking. Burning a lobster grants no experience. Players may also use them with a pet kitten for food like other types of fish.
[view] • [talk]
|Cage, Harpoon||Fishing Guild||8||68 Fishing||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Catherby||2||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Musa Point||3||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Rellekka||4||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Miscellania||4||The Fremennik Trials||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Southeast of the Demonic Ruins (level 38 Wilderness)||3||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Jatizso||5||The Fremennik Isles||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Feldip Hills||2||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Anachronia - Spirit grove||3||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Southeast Anachronia||2||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Mass grave - The Everlight||1||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Oikoi (households) - The Everlight||2||None||Show on map|
|Cage, Harpoon||Dominion Games stadium - The Everlight||1||None||Show on map|
This is an auto-generated list (update now
), and shows the first 100 items alphabetically. For all items, click here
- ^ a b There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
A player fishing for lobsters
Fishing is by far the most popular way to acquire raw lobsters. Players with level 40 or higher in the Fishing skill can fish for lobsters with a lobster pot. Doing so yields 90 experience for each lobster fished. Depending on your level of fishing you get around 30,000-40,000 experience per hour.
Players can steal raw lobsters from the fish stalls in Rellekka and possibly bank them with Peer the Seer if the player is wearing Fremennik sea boots. This method requires 42 Thieving.
Raw lobsters are on the drop tables of several monsters, such as Waterfiends, which commonly drop four noted raw lobsters. However, gathering raw lobsters via combat is inefficient and not recommended.
Raw lobsters are also featured on the rare drop table; 135 to 165 raw lobsters can be obtained in this fashion.
Noted raw lobsters can sometimes be found inside barrels.
- Free-to-play players can fish for lobsters on Karamja or in the north eastern corner of the Wilderness. Using Stiles to note your fish for free on the south coast of Karamja is a helpful tool for power fishing large quantities, without losing time running around.
- Pay-to-play players also have the option of fishing lobster in Catherby, Rellekka, and Jatizso. Players with level 68 or higher (65 or higher with a fishing potion or 63 or higher with an admiral pie) may also fish for lobsters in the Fishing Guild. Therefore it is suggested for the higher levels to fish in the Fishing Guild, which is reachable by Ardougne lodestone teleport.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- With the introduction of Stiles on 21 April 2010, free players can fish and bank lobsters between 3 and 4 times faster than before. This has led to a substantial increase in the supply of raw lobsters and therefore a dramatic decrease in their price.
- Lobsters are the only free-to-play fishing catch other than crayfish that are never caught with any other fish. (e.g. anchovies are caught with shrimps.)
- In the earliest years of RuneScape, raw lobsters had a bright red colour that dulled to brown when cooked, contrary to real-life behaviour, where raw lobsters are naturally brown and turn bright red when cooked.
- When a lobster is cooked, instead of saying "You cook the lobster." the game will say "You roast a lobster." This is the only food in the game that can be "roasted". Despite this, the raw lobster has the examine text "I should try cooking this."